Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Oaklawn

Default Gulfstream Wednesday

Just going to bet the feature today, Sligovich, and I think the ml of 10-1 will hold
Old 01-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Turf Paradise

Default Sligovitz

I hope you are right about the m/l price holding on this one Mike.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Turf Paradise

Default Race 3 at GP

another that intrigues me is #5 Forever Gleaming (8-1) in Race 3. Not crazy about betting one first time vs winners, but turf may be this one's calling, price should be right and he's not facing a stellar field of 50 claimers. Also like Prado taking the call to ride.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
What do you guys like about him? I think Mambo meister is going to be very tough. but I would not be surprised to see Jet Propulsion who seems like lone speed and he's very dangerous when allowed to ramble off early or Ruff and Ready win. Pletcher is deadly with layoff runners like this and he was awesome here last year.
IMO, Jet won't get an uncontested lead. I'll take a shot against a probably overbet Ruff & Ready off the layoff and the extreme outside post. And as for Mambo Meister, he'll get a class test here...at a m/l of 5-1 I'll pass. As for what I like about Sligovitz, in short...Lynch Lynch Lynch.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
What do you guys like about him? I think Mambo meister is going to be very tough. but I would not be surprised to see Jet Propulsion who seems like lone speed and he's very dangerous when allowed to ramble off early or Ruff and Ready win. Pletcher is deadly with layoff runners like this and he was awesome here last year.
I agree w/Mambo. His last he broke as side ways as can be, ran up on other horses and was checked (while enjoying the rail) 1rst turn and came widest to try and close. The Pletch horse is 7 so can't improve IMO. Fingers crossed... And why can't racereplays cover Woodbine?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefrank
IMO, Jet won't get an uncontested lead. I'll take a shot against a probably overbet Ruff & Ready off the layoff and the extreme outside post. And as for Mambo Meister, he'll get a class test here...at a m/l of 5-1 I'll pass. As for what I like about Sligovitz, in short...Lynch Lynch Lynch.
Who in here can run with Jet Propulsion early?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:13 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:

I just don't understand the playing against the outside post. Even after Sunday's races, the horses from post 8 and out are still winning 1 mile or 7 1/2 furlong turf races at around a 45% clip for the meet.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Oaklawn

Default Gulfstream 1-21

leaving at 4a.m. so posting pre-scr's, Steve can put this thread under someone in a.m. good -luck

minus-$271 (2009)

2) $2 ex pw 5-6 / 3-4-8 lost

4) $2 ex box 7-8-9 scr 9 lost
5) $2 exbox 6-8-11 lost
8) $2ex pw 4-9/1-3-10 $10 win # 4 scr 10 lost

total bet $58 with scr's bet 46 lost 46 minus -$ 317 (2009)

Last edited by sdjcom : 01-21-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Oaklawn

imo I don't even think they will be trying with ruff&ready in this oc race. he will be a 2 off of lay-off bet in a stakes. I will be surprised if he wins but we'll see.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Oaklawn

I don't see a standout here...I'd go w/Prado at a price on Hyracotherium.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Oaklawn

i think the 4-9 are the stand-outs if r&r is just going to stretch his legs. sligovich has 1 second on turf but was can-breds i have him underneath.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
I don't doubt he'll be on the lead, though I think Hellvelyn may make him work. Just the same he can fold the tent with an uncontested lead as he's shown in the past, i.e., two back vs Mambo Meister; I question his quality vs this group and he'll have to prove me wrong.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:37 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

pp 1 ministers joy gets a look from me gets the best jock hes had and the rail/cuts back in dist and is good at gs the other one is 6 fair weather sun hes gonne be around the whole way..had trouble in last but has the backclass and nos to compete..
Old 01-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
I just don't understand the playing against the outside post. Even after Sunday's races, the horses from post 8 and out are still winning 1 mile or 7 1/2 furlong turf races at around a 45% clip for the meet.
Fair pt but still too small a sampling to establish any meaningful trend. Not saying R&R can't win, but he'll likely have a wider journey and be forced to run more ground than rest of field; he'll have to be a couple of lengths better than these off the layoff to win IMO.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:46 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Fair pt but still too small a sampling to establish any meaningful trend. Not saying R&R can't win, but he'll likely have a wider journey and be forced to run more ground than rest of field; he'll have to be a couple of lengths better than these off the layoff to win IMO.

To each his own, but there have been 20 turf races so far for the meet at those 2 distances and 9 winners from post 8 and out equates to a meaningful enough trend for me.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Hialeah Park

Anyone think I'm koo koo for singling Aster in the 7th? I think his speed can overcome the post, much like the lack of speed will help Delightful Kiss overcome the wide draw.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-20-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
the 3 archers can and may keep going
Old 01-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
To each his own, but there have been 20 turf races so far for the meet at those 2 distances and 9 winners from post 8 and out equates to a meaningful enough trend for me.
I can't quibble with sheer stats. IMO if R&R wins it'll be because he's simply better than the field and JR worked out a trip. There's no doubt in my mind that his job would be made alot easier if he were to have drawn better than post 11 in a mile race vs this caliber on the lawn at GP.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
the 3 archers can and may keep going
No chance in hell.

Quote:
I don't doubt he'll be on the lead, though I think Hellvelyn may make him work. Just the same he can fold the tent with an uncontested lead as he's shown in the past, i.e., two back vs Mambo Meister; I question his quality vs this group and he'll have to prove me wrong.
I don't think Hellvelyn wants any part of the front end. FWIW, Hurtak said that Jet Propulsion had a serious virus necessitating the nine-month layoff and lost 60 pounds before that start. Plus Mambo Meister just ran huge in there. My main concern with Jet Propulsion is his difficulty with running big races away from CRC.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
No chance in hell.

I don't think Hellvelyn wants any part of the front end. FWIW, Hurtak said that Jet Propulsion had a serious virus necessitating the nine-month layoff and lost 60 pounds before that start. Plus Mambo Meister just ran huge in there. My main concern with Jet Propulsion is his difficulty with running big races away from CRC.
yeah that 107 he was chasing in the ontario hcp was really turtle like..