Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
You think way too highly of them, they didn't even need the 8th or 9th to get there!!!
I stand corrected....there I go with a positive mental attitude again.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Santa Anita

leadoff double for fuk in the 9th. guy should bat leadoff!! no chance in heck we get him home though.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Santa Anita

OH my God we got him home!! It sets up another walk off loss...perfect! (it will give us 4 in the 6 games of the road trip so far!)
Old 08-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Santa Anita

OH my God, Brantley doubled home the go ahead run!! Chris Perez here we go!!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Santa Anita

OH my God, Kipnis homered home 2 more!! It's a 4 run 9th!! Maybe Perez can do the 3 run lead after failing at the 2 run lead last night!!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Santa Anita

What a flippin doofus, two outs nobody on 3 run lead and Perez walks the guy. I am confident he can blow this.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Santa Anita

yes, tying run to the plate...Josh Hamilton...Perez is gonna do this I think!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Santa Anita

yes, two outs nobody on 3 run lead and Perez gets the winning run to the plate, the guy who hit the two run homer to tie it last night, can he hit the 3 run homer off him to win it?? I think so!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Santa Anita

wild pitch!! tying run to 2nd!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Santa Anita

crap, Perez gets the 33 pitch save, can't have everything now can we!!

:
Old 08-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Saratoga

rolling on the floor!!!!

laughing my ass off!!!!

Last edited by clyde : 08-06-2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: i'm too young to die
Old 08-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Santa Anita

This team has not been below .500 since April 5th and by God Chris Perez would have thrown 200 pitches in the 9th to keep it that way!!!!! ....err wait............
Old 08-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Saratoga

No one would believe this if we couldn't back it up via the historical record.

I don't think even I believe the way this game played out.

But C-Perez has got to find something else to do.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Santa Anita

I saw video highlights on evpn. fukodome's double was lucky. he smashed it, but he only has gap power (as you've mentioned!) and rangers in no double defense. good right fielder catches it most of the time though. even sen sen making a ziggly path to the ball. chisenhall's hit was smashed but infield in and would have been right at 2nd baseman at normal depth...why texas wouldn't just go to the bottom of 9th with a tie I don't know as you've mentioned we've perfected the walk off loss but it snowballed from there. ANd 3 runs is even too much for Perez to overcome.

To be fair to Perez, Hamilton's hit right at 3rd baseman and Hannahan usually in at defense in 9th with a lead and makes it easy, chisnehall boots it. Perez' wild pitch was a thing of beauty. It wouldn't have made home plate in a 8-9 year old league. Last out of game an absolute smash but right at Cabrera, he really tried to make a bad throw to tie it and allow Santana to commit his 13th passed ball at first base like in the 7th inning disaster, but he somehow caught it. Ball game for the historical record. WE avoid below .500 for at least a couple more days. It was a hard game to believe and watching the comedy show put on by both teams in the 9th inning on video highlights was astounding. maybe playing in 110 degrees at game time affects you or something! but by the time c perez enters it's probably only 95, so no excuse for him.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Santa Anita

I've discovered the organizational philosophy clyde. Swing at everything. I've been talking about how much Fukodome gets on base?? Since he's come to Cleveland he's stopped walking...completely. Remember Sizemore as a young player?? He was very patient and walked a ton. By this year, he swings at everything humanly possible and no longer walks at all. They have another patient young hitter in Santana (let's not talk about his other flaws...that's another discussion altogether!!) but he takes a ton of pitches and walks all the time. We'll see how long that lasts. I'm guessing as time goes on, they'll get him to swing at everything too as they can't see that's not really a problem, he already strikes out a ton, so at least right now he's not swinging at too many balls. Their goal will be to get him to swing at MORE bad pitches. Hafner's walk rate has gone down through the years too.

I've always thought that was an individual thing...the K's but it's happening with player after player after player....more Ks, less walks. Peralta's K rate is WAY down this year...is it magic..or something else..he never hit or got on base as well as he did in 2005, the next 5 years...now he's back to that by magic?? I am starting to think we have some organizational coaching issues and hitting philosophy issues all the way through the organization.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

50 games left to decide the AL Central. I think one can safely say the White sox and Twinkies are on the brink at this point - the Twins would have to go like 35-15 over the remainder of the season if the Tigers play .500 ball from here through September. The White Sox would have to go like 31-18 as well.

Injuns vs. Tigers for the AL Central!
Old 08-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
50 games left to decide the AL Central. I think one can safely say the White sox and Twinkies are on the brink at this point - the Twins would have to go like 35-15 over the remainder of the season if the Tigers play .500 ball from here through September. The White Sox would have to go like 31-18 as well.

Injuns vs. Tigers for the AL Central!
I'll just say 25-40 in our last 65. I think you're goin' alone on this one!! Overall our pitching depth is better but other than that no competition between the two teams. Our offense is not good enough. And Verlander alone covers a lot of pitching depth problems. Plus you got Doug Fister who is a better pitcher this year than the great O-Bald-O despite his win/loss record.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Santa Anita

I'm a stat nerd clyde and I have just now started to look closer at O-Bald-O. Oh my goodness. He has not pitched as well as Carlos Carrasco this year. You could even make a legitimate argument he has not pitched as well as Exhausto THIS YEAR!! He's got a slightly lower ERA, but Exhausto walks less guys and puts fewer guys on base than Obaldo too. The only difference is Obaldo gives up fewer home runs this year. That's been the big failure in Exhausto this year is the substantial increase in the long ball. But other than that you could argue with some support he's pitched as well as or even better than Obaldo. We actually traded our top two pitching prospects for a guy who isn't really pitching any better at all than the flippin 2011 version of Exhausto.

Furthermore in bringing him in, we sent down a guy who in 3 starts gave up 3 runs and 1 earned run with an ERA of 0.51. I know David Huff will not continue that, but criminy, really?? I'm not a fan of Huff, but I was a big fan of how he pitched when he got called up, and you reward a 0.51 ERA with a trip to Columbus?? Insane. You're gonna send him down because we brought Obaldo in?? I'm John Kerry/Mittens Romney on this trade...I was against it before I was for it, before I was against it again before I was hopeful for it before I was praying for miracles for it before I am now against it again!! You saw the light all along right from the start. I just needed to investigate some.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Saratoga

So much to prepare for noodle absorption.

Very funny yet bell ringing stuff,HC.I was laughing heartily until your last column.I never stopped to think someone had to get sent down to make a space for Bob Feller.To hear it's Huff makes me vomit.That just downgraded this trade from awful to utterly stupid.

Shapiro and his trained chimp are fools.We have fools for player personnel movement executives.No wonder we're going down.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
I saw video highlights on evpn. fukodome's double was lucky. he smashed it, but he only has gap power (as you've mentioned!) and rangers in no double defense. good right fielder catches it most of the time though. even sen sen making a ziggly path to the ball. chisenhall's hit was smashed but infield in and would have been right at 2nd baseman at normal depth...why texas wouldn't just go to the bottom of 9th with a tie I don't know as you've mentioned we've perfected the walk off loss but it snowballed from there. ANd 3 runs is even too much for Perez to overcome.

To be fair to Perez, Hamilton's hit right at 3rd baseman and Hannahan usually in at defense in 9th with a lead and makes it easy, chisnehall boots it. Perez' wild pitch was a thing of beauty. It wouldn't have made home plate in a 8-9 year old league. Last out of game an absolute smash but right at Cabrera, he really tried to make a bad throw to tie it and allow Santana to commit his 13th passed ball at first base like in the 7th inning disaster, but he somehow caught it. Ball game for the historical record. WE avoid below .500 for at least a couple more days. It was a hard game to believe and watching the comedy show put on by both teams in the 9th inning on video highlights was astounding. maybe playing in 110 degrees at game time affects you or something! but by the time c perez enters it's probably only 95, so no excuse for him.
OOOOOOOOOO