Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
No doubt that he is having a tough time. You have to assume that is because of the injury plus the lost time. There are very few guys who lost close to 2 years that jumped right back to where they were right away. He is really just a shell of himself (shut up clyde) now. But they are paying him a lot of money, need the power in the lineup and what is their other option? They have a DH, so sizemore can't play there and they are paying him too much not to play. Bring up the slap hitter at AAA so he can hit .250 with no power?

!!OOOOOOOOOO!!
Old 07-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Santa Anita

His strengths were he hit for power, he got on base a lot and he could run down fly balls. His weaknesses were he threw like a girl, didn't make good contact. His only strength left is hitting for power. He doesn't get on base at all any more and he makes even less contact, and he is a much worse fielder. Even when he was really good fielding he was a bit overrated as his arm was horrendous. He's a minus player right now. He's simply better than Kearns, Duncan and Buck which isn't saying a whole lot.

In the end I want him to play well....he played much better his first 20 games back and the team ketp winning, what is evident as he piles up more and more at bats, he's not improving so I'm not sure how much you can blame on the injury any longer.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Santa Anita

I have more confidence Exhausto turns it around than Grady but it's low amount in both of them.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Santa Anita

I've seen Jean Gomez before, guy isn't any good. Not even better than Talbots. Huff and Exhausto in the DH Monday, it's getting ugly fast. Still in first on July 18th by pct points....that could end up being the last day!! I've been saying this for over a month. How bad are the Tiggers and White Sox that they can't put us away?? IS everyone waiting for the Twinkies??
(Grady hurt his knee again running out a double in the 1st inning, maybe Cannon has something!!! and we'll get the AAA slap hitter, more likely additional Urns.)
Old 07-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
His strengths were he hit for power, he got on base a lot and he could run down fly balls. His weaknesses were he threw like a girl, didn't make good contact. His only strength left is hitting for power. He doesn't get on base at all any more and he makes even less contact, and he is a much worse fielder. Even when he was really good fielding he was a bit overrated as his arm was horrendous. He's a minus player right now. He's simply better than Kearns, Duncan and Buck which isn't saying a whole lot.

In the end I want him to play well....he played much better his first 20 games back and the team ketp winning, what is evident as he piles up more and more at bats, he's not improving so I'm not sure how much you can blame on the injury any longer.
As he piles up at bats the knee is probably getting worse. The deal with microfracture surgery is that the recovery rates are wildly different. Some guys like Penny Hardaway and Chris Webber never get better. It took Jason Kidd 2 years to get back to normal and even then his speed was diminished.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Santa Anita

Grady back on the DL for the 2nd time with his other knee this year. So it goes. Slap hitting AAA center fielder time for real now! He's been able to play with their two AAA pitchers the last two days so he's right at home.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

The Tigers won't catch the Indians because their pitching stinks and they have a manager who insists on having a guy with a .318 OBP that led the league in strikouts last season bat leadoff.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Santa Anita

OH my God, David Huff 7 shutout innings. Hallucinations are widespread...Urns with an upper deck home run, AAA slap hitter with an rbi. an America's team special.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
OH my God, David Huff 7 shutout innings. Hallucinations are widespread...Urns with an upper deck home run, AAA slap hitter with an rbi. an America's team special.
And Exhausto pitches very well, goes 6 and wins and Lou Marson hit a game winning home run in game 2. It was just another day on Mars for America's team. Let me repeat that, Huff 7 shutout, Urns upper deck, AAA slap hitter rbi and 3 runs scored, Exhausto quality start, marson game winning home run. July 18th, 2011. It all happened.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
And Exhausto pitches very well, goes 6 and wins and Lou Marson hit a game winning home run in game 2. It was just another day on Mars for America's team. Let me repeat that, Huff 7 shutout, Urns upper deck, AAA slap hitter rbi and 3 runs scored, Exhausto quality start, marson game winning home run. July 18th, 2011. It all happened.
Yeah sure..next thing you'll be saying is the Pirates are in first place!
Old 07-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Saratoga

Well there goes another season.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Well there goes another season.
I think we can officially call it now. The last two games in Minny were brutal and had that "beginning of the end" feel. I think July 21st we can officially state as the last day in first place. All those bizarre things happening good on July 18th was the last gift to us Tribe fans in 2011. We will pay for that.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Saratoga

Eloquently put.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Santa Anita

Poor Grady had abdominal hernias trying to pull everything out of the park. The last thing I wanted was for his career to plummet like it has with two bad knees and hernia surgeries this year. I do feel bad for the guy as he really busted his butt out there until it came crumbling down. That's one thing we can't criticize him for, he did play really hard which I can appreciate.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Saratoga

Oh geez..that was highly amusing in it's obvious connection.

But you're are right, have to feel bad for him.... but not too bad.There's always the little one abused or worse by parents and the poor soul who one minute is having the time of his life with his son at a baseball game ...and in a second,he's dead.

Fucl< reality and fucl< basebally.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Oh geez..that was highly amusing in it's obvious connection.

But you're are right, have to feel bad for him.... but not too bad.There's always the little one abused or worse by parents and the poor soul who one minute is having the time of his life with his son at a baseball game ...and in a second,he's dead.

Fucl< reality and fucl< basebally.
Very true, he can never play again and is still a millionaire several times over. Not too much to feel sorry for.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Saratoga

Really?

He's done?
Old 07-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Really?

He's done?
No, just saying if he never does. He'll be back I'm sure at some point. Probably even this year.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Saratoga

Oh...and good point.

Thanks so much.

Ohio State footbally can't start soon enough for me.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Santa Anita

rain...picked up a half game!!!