Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-27-2010, 02:55 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOL JACK
Maker said he is doing better than he was going into the Breeders cup plastic Mile but, he also said he will have to run even better than that to win this.

I think he is hoping for a 2nd or 3rd, which would be like a big win anywhere else...He thinks the distance will not be a problem.

TIFWIW.
He's in my p3. If you ignore the PPs you cannot leave him out.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:01 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2315
The Sheema Classic looks like an interesting betting race w/ some weak favorites.

I've never really liked Youmzain and don't trust him in this spot. Germany in September, France in October, Hong Kong in December, and now Dubai for a horse who would be overbet anyways. No thanks. You can't really use Presious Passion, right? I'd like Cavalryman more if he wasn't that far outside with a short run to the first turn. That leaves me with three bombs. . .

I like Golden Sword the most. He's rounding into form and ran a few fairly credible races last year behind the likes of Sea the Stars, Fame and Glory, and Conduit. His set-up last time was pretty dreamy, but maybe he moved early and either way a little late tiring doesn't bother me in his second start back. Tactical and a good trainer - 20-1+ will be nice.

The other two I'll use are Buena Vista and Pan River.

The World Cup looks like Twice Over's race to lose if he gets a decent trip/ride. Vision d'Etat looked very good, but his health problems scared me off. . . Red Desire (I'll either double up or scale back depending on Buena Vista's performance) looks ok and maybe I'll bet her to win since Twice Over will be bet pretty hard. Tossing in a little Mastery.
I hope you are wrong because I have singled Youzamin in everything but the pick 6 and exactas
Old 03-27-2010, 06:08 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklestheclown
Old 03-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Churchill Downs

Just like rolling dice
Old 03-28-2010, 01:48 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklestheclown
I hope like heck you don't mean Past Performances.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Fairgrounds

3 hours of looking at the PPs certainly did not help me. Damn Lizard.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Fairgrounds

I hit the exacta in the Dubai World Cup, because I was drinking the Kool Aid on Gio Ponti. But I thought it could be bombs away behind him. When I do cheap exacta boxes, I box them all the way around (both top and bottom). So I had the 25-1 winner and the 40-1 2nd place horse. How does that not pay more than $500 for $1? I'm happy with the win, I think i could've gotten double... maybe more. It also makes me wonder if De Kock's #7 2nd place horse gets the head bob and wins, how much more it could've been. Glass half full... kinda...
If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased...
Old 03-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmayjr
I hit the exacta in the Dubai World Cup, because I was drinking the Kool Aid on Gio Ponti. But I thought it could be bombs away behind him. When I do cheap exacta boxes, I box them all the way around (both top and bottom). So I had the 25-1 winner and the 40-1 2nd place horse. How does that not pay more than $500 for $1? I'm happy with the win, I think i could've gotten double... maybe more. It also makes me wonder if De Kock's #7 2nd place horse gets the head bob and wins, how much more it could've been. Glass half full... kinda...
I agree...that exacta came back really light...