Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2017, 09:40 AM
Havre de Grace

Default Hurricane Harvey

Holy Tarantulas! Good vibes to The Texas gulf coast they will need them. Off the turf for a month. Devastating
Old 08-26-2017, 10:02 AM
Saratoga

I just hope my power stays on....lots of rain, some wind, and a couple of tornados in the Houston area so far....lots of rain. My wife works at a hotel that houses mostly airline crews for Intercontinental and they are basically stuck there because of canceled flights, thank god the liquor stores stayed open or they would probably riot....lots of rain
Old 08-27-2017, 04:05 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
I just hope my power stays on....lots of rain, some wind, and a couple of tornados in the Houston area so far....lots of rain. My wife works at a hotel that houses mostly airline crews for Intercontinental and they are basically stuck there because of canceled flights, thank god the liquor stores stayed open or they would probably riot....lots of rain
Hope all is still well Billy
Old 08-27-2017, 04:24 PM
Saratoga

It is the worse I have ever seen and I have lived here my whole life. Hundreds if not thousands of high water rescues over several counties. Houston is basically under water. The Med Center is starting to take on water in the buildings. Tunnels are flooded, many freeways and neighborhoods are impassable. It is the worse...hoping for some relief. I hate to think what will happen if we have another night like last night. We still have days to go.
My family is high and dry and safe for now. No telling how many thousands of people will be displaced. All we can do now is hope for the best and rebuild. Once again, Mother Nature shows us who really is in control. Thanks for the inquiry...
Old 08-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
It is the worse I have ever seen and I have lived here my whole life. Hundreds if not thousands of high water rescues over several counties. Houston is basically under water. The Med Center is starting to take on water in the buildings. Tunnels are flooded, many freeways and neighborhoods are impassable. It is the worse...hoping for some relief. I hate to think what will happen if we have another night like last night. We still have days to go.
My family is high and dry and safe for now. No telling how many thousands of people will be displaced. All we can do now is hope for the best and rebuild. Once again, Mother Nature shows us who really is in control. Thanks for the inquiry...
Hang in there Billy and be safe.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Saratoga

Well guys...I lived in this area for most of my 57+ years and This is the worst that I have ever witnessed. Myself and a young man from Minnesota that is staying with us evacuated by boat 3AM with water rushing into my house from both ends. Finally crested at 42.5 inches inside. I live in a great neighborhood and almost everyone was affected. I'm fortunate as I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones. Everyone is safe and now the recovery will begin and we will get back to normal but our lives will be forever changed because of this event. I want to thank everyone for all the kind words of encouragement. My townhouse is the one with a green canopy. I needed to remodel anyway, just wished I would have had flood insurance.
20447 Fieldtree Green Canopy.jpg
Old 09-01-2017, 07:48 PM
Saratoga

Billy, I am very happy to hear that you and your family are safe. I'm sorry you guys have to go through such devastation. Stay safe and sound.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:36 AM
Saratoga

Billy we hadnt heard from you and I had feared you were hit. Sorry to hear.