Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-15-2018, 12:37 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
How did you know that I mentioned the bet to redboard and not to let Merlinsky know that I was not biased? That was an astute observation on your part. I'm a big redboarder, especially with 6-5 shots. Winning with a 6-5 favorite is a huge accomplishment.

I just watched it again. The incident with Bravazzo was not as bad as I originally thought. He came in on him a little bit and put him in a little tight, but it wasn't that bad. But still, one minute he is trying to force horses wide, then the next minute he is coming in to try to put Bravazzo in a tight spot. Trying to interfere with other horses is more extreme than putting a rabbit in a race IMO.
That’s a hell of an accusation to make right after admitting that you exaggerated what the horse actually did in the first place.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:43 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Have you met Mike Repole? Have you had business dealings with him? Do you know someone first hand who was hurt by him?

I have never met him nor have I dealt with him in business, so I have 0 first-hand knowledge of his business acumen or personal mannerisms. Here is what I have observed: he routinely allows NY based trainers to claim horses so they can make a living, it would be foolish to suggest there was much more behind the motive to claim a horse worth 20 grand. You never hear he is a deadbeat owner, and he supports the game at virtually every level. Is he a good guy? I have played a bunch of poker with his childhood buddies, and I was told he is the same man they knew as a broke hustling kid, he is available to them and includes them in his life, what that means is up to you to decide. To post such offensive stuff about a guy you probably never met is comical, even a drunk ass FreddyMo knows better
Whoa...
Wait a minute here Freddy.
This is a solid post.
Yet it appears that you are writing it on a floater.
Are you one of those people that get sharper when you start consuming ?
You know...….like that episode of WKRP in Cincinnati years back when Dr. Johnny Fever appeared to get super focused and more coherent the more he drank ?

Last edited by taxicab : 06-15-2018 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:55 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgswin View Post
Now a twitter troll? That’s just uncalled for. I don’t even have an account!

It’s all about hero worship with some of you guys until you feel it costs you a wager...
My comment was about society in general and not a direct shot at you.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:19 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
That’s a hell of an accusation to make right after admitting that you exaggerated what the horse actually did in the first place.
Let me ask you a question. If you had to guess, what do you think Geroux's instructions were?
Old 06-18-2018, 06:31 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
Let me ask you a question. If you had to guess, what do you think Geroux's instructions were?
Be forwardly placed. Don't get into a speed duel is probably understood. Maybe even the first part was understood given that it was a Baffert horse, but I don't know. Mig saw Geroux's ride the same way Privman and others have. The moving out and then back in was legit.

Which horse was he interfering with? Noble Indy who wasn't fast enough to get up there in the first place? Last time I checked, you can't be expected to get out of the way for a slower horse. There's no 'after you, good sir' required in the process of getting a good position for your horse going into the first turn. If another horse gets there first, too bad.

As for the interfering's worse than a rabbit, uh no, the accusation was it was a set up (when really neither's wrong per se, just strategy). Well Repole was trying to do his own set up, and if his horse is too slow to make it happen, oh well. There wasn't interference. RH belonged where he was. This shouldn't be hard to understand unless there is Coburn-level sour grapes which is bad for the sport and needs to stop.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:51 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
Be forwardly placed. Don't get into a speed duel is probably understood. Maybe even the first part was understood given that it was a Baffert horse, but I don't know. Mig saw Geroux's ride the same way Privman and others have. The moving out and then back in was legit.

Which horse was he interfering with? Noble Indy who wasn't fast enough to get up there in the first place? Last time I checked, you can't be expected to get out of the way for a slower horse. There's no 'after you, good sir' required in the process of getting a good position for your horse going into the first turn. If another horse gets there first, too bad.

As for the interfering's worse than a rabbit, uh no, the accusation was it was a set up (when really neither's wrong per se, just strategy). Well Repole was trying to do his own set up, and if his horse is too slow to make it happen, oh well. There wasn't interference. RH belonged where he was. This shouldn't be hard to understand unless there is Coburn-level sour grapes which is bad for the sport and needs to stop.

Noble Indy IS fast enough to "get up there."