Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
Hey, I told them, "Brad Pitt doesn't own a race horse!"
i'll take sumwon over angelina-i think
Old 06-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Oh, no! Poor Tony! I'm hope the surgery will get him right, what a disaster for your family. I was just going to e-mail you and offer to split the hotel room

We need to find something to hold up in the winners circle, that specifically represents all the DeeTee-rs that can't make it to a particular race ... hey, we could hold up Chuck! Or, we could get a life-sized doll, dress it in DeeTee silks and a DT hat, losing mutual tickets in one hand, DRF in the other ...
it could always be worse. just feel bad that he's in pain, and has to get surgery.

as he said, he'll be an overtime hog for a bit after he goes back to work. we'll be ok.

this is why we live under our means... at least i don't have to stress about credit card bills, i don't have any credit cards!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrift1
i'll take sumwon over angelina-i think
well thank goodness for that!! i'd take anything over her and brad (the) pitt(s).
Old 06-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
thanks roger! he's kicking himself (well, not REALLY) hates to miss work, he will be absolutely miserable. add in the fact that he never gets sick....is never laid up...

here's the best (worst?) part....he was at MY job when it happened. waiting for the owner/prez to call so i can give him the news. here's hoping i'm not job hunting next week!
well, just got off the phone with 'the man'. looks like i won't be drawing unemployment after all.....
Old 06-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
well thank goodness for that!! i'd take anything over her and brad (the) pitt(s).
even tho i have a fondness for eccentric or maybe in angelinas case-crazy -women who are a little out there. lol
Old 06-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
ain't gonna happen. afraid we'll be tightening up around here for a bit, tony fell today, all his weight on his left heel from about 6 feet up--heel bone now in about five pieces. surgery in two weeks.

worst case scenario, off work six months. thank god for short term disability.

like i didn't have enough gray hair. keep seeing him fall off the truck.

so, when she wins, i guess i'll be photoshopping myself into the winners circle pic.
That's awful.

at lease you don't dye your hair just to develope a gray skunk stripe
Old 06-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Flemington

I got all excited when I saw the possibility of a Monmouth Stake so I'd finally get to meet the precious one, but then I discovered I won't be able to make it that day either.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:22 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut
That's awful.

at lease you don't dye your hair just to develope a gray skunk stripe
hey now, there's an idea!

i swear i'll wake up tomorrow with white hair. we've been together over 21 years, he's never been laid up, never even had stitches or anything like that. busted a knuckle once about ten years ago, i didn't even believe them when they said he was at the doctors that time...
since you guys, other than chuck and cherie, haven't met him--he's about chucks size.

i told him he's lucky he wasn't a horse. but then, they might have been able to save him for stud duty. he perked up when he heard that one!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
i told him he's lucky he wasn't a horse. but then, they might have been able to save him for stud duty. he perked up when he heard that one!
He sounds like a great guy. Well, you can at least spoil him terribly for a bit, sounds like he deserves it!
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 06-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
I got all excited when I saw the possibility of a Monmouth Stake so I'd finally get to meet the precious one, but then I discovered I won't be able to make it that day either.
Dang.

Hey, there is always the slim possibility Churchill ends up writing something for near the end of the meet?
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 06-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
He sounds like a great guy. Well, you can at least spoil him terribly for a bit, sounds like he deserves it!

he is a great guy. i'm very lucky. and he does deserve it, he certainly spoils me!
Old 06-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Oh, no! Poor Tony! I'm hope the surgery will get him right, what a disaster for your family. I was just going to e-mail you and offer to split the hotel room

Or, we could get a life-sized doll, dress it in DeeTee silks and a DT hat, losing mutual tickets in one hand, DRF in the other ...
Ok.. Who is going into the local ""adult"" store and purchase the Doll ?
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 06-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Dee Tee Stables

cops were called one time by concerned citizens when they saw their neighbor carrying a 'body' into his apt.....

poor guy!! it was his 'date', a high end model of the love doll....
Old 06-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Keeneland

Uh, ummmm ... I was thinking of something a bit more ... conservative