Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-30-2007, 11:41 PM
The Curragh

Default Colonial date.....

I take it from the tone of the update that Colonial and a race where the Washington DC partners might have a chance to see her live is now off the table with these new plans??
Old 05-31-2007, 05:50 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
I take it from the tone of the update that Colonial and a race where the Washington DC partners might have a chance to see her live is now off the table with these new plans??
Colonial was more of a grass option.. Monmouth isn't a horrible schlep from MD though...
Old 05-31-2007, 06:17 AM
Dee Tee Stables

i visited map quest the other nite...only 2 hours further to drive to des moines....er, monmouth....21 hours! lol

so i doubt i'd be in jersey, a weekday and i'd have to get a flight.

and convince tony....
Old 05-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

She is doing well at Churchill - too bad there are no more races for her there.

Iowa is only an extra hour or so. Monmouth would require a flight and a hotel.

I'm assuming but - if she goes to NJ she will probably stay in New York until ?????
Old 06-01-2007, 02:02 AM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

after chuck gets a better feel on the iowa 0aks and whos showing up for it. and if she can at least be competitive enuff to get a top 3 placing and he gives us the thumbs up on our chances and he decides to point her in that direction. I WILL BE THERE!!!!!! or if he decides to use up our allowance race first at arlington park before we go up the scale. I WILL BE THERE ALSO!!!!!. i see girls for pearls is running in the grade III dogwood at churchill. should be a gauge somewhat for us .
Old 06-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

was great meeting everyone. you guys were a blast. i have pics to upload in a few days also!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 05:08 AM
Dee Tee Stables

tony frowned on the idea of me going to her next race. BUT, birthday in a month, i think i know what i'll be asking for!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
tony frowned on the idea of me going to her next race. BUT, birthday in a month, i think i know what i'll be asking for!!!
well i had a good birthday watching her run so its your turn, i hope you get to go to her next race for your birthday. roger
Old 06-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
tony frowned on the idea of me going to her next race.
One of the reasons why I choose to be single ....

Okay, what airports do we have to fly into for Monmouth or Iowa, anybody know?

Hey, Pdrift .... the vet techs at work think you're hot, lookin' a little like Brad Pitt pre-Angelina ....
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 06-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Arlington Park

Des Moines, Ia. Newark or Philadelphia?

hotels in the monmouth area were about $200 per night, we looked the other night.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Saratoga

Newark is less than an hour from Monmouth. Monmouth is only a little more than an hour outside of NYC and probably about 3 hours or so out of the DC area.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Lincoln Fields

found the NTRA write-up from the 2006 Iowa Oaks, almost kinda of remember watching this race but then maybe not, it has been over a year lol..

http://www.ntra.com/content.aspx?type=news&id=18663

Baghdaria made up a 2 1/2-length disadvantage in the stretch to collar the co-favorite Maggie Slew in the final stages to win the $200,000 Iowa Oaks (gr. III) at Prairie Meadows Saturday night.

Under strong urging from Rafael Bejarano, Baghderia got to the wire a half-length in front of Maggie Slew in a time of 1:43 for the 1 1/16-mile event for 3-year-old fillies. Brownie Points, the morning-line favorite, finished 1 1/4 lengths farther behind in third....
Old 06-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Detroit Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Many Others
found the NTRA write-up from the 2006 Iowa Oaks, almost kinda of remember watching this race but then maybe not, it has been over a year lol..

http://www.ntra.com/content.aspx?type=news&id=18663

Baghdaria made up a 2 1/2-length disadvantage in the stretch to collar the co-favorite Maggie Slew in the final stages to win the $200,000 Iowa Oaks (gr. III) at Prairie Meadows Saturday night.

Under strong urging from Rafael Bejarano, Baghderia got to the wire a half-length in front of Maggie Slew in a time of 1:43 for the 1 1/16-mile event for 3-year-old fillies. Brownie Points, the morning-line favorite, finished 1 1/4 lengths farther behind in third....

1:43 and change should put SWLY in the ballpark. 1:42 possible if she improves at all.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Detroit Race Course

Thumbs up

I saw Maggie Slew run last year at hoosier. If that's the competition level SWLY can compete.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrift1
well i had a good birthday watching her run so its your turn, i hope you get to go to her next race for your birthday. roger
ain't gonna happen. afraid we'll be tightening up around here for a bit, tony fell today, all his weight on his left heel from about 6 feet up--heel bone now in about five pieces. surgery in two weeks.

worst case scenario, off work six months. thank god for short term disability.

like i didn't have enough gray hair. keep seeing him fall off the truck.

so, when she wins, i guess i'll be photoshopping myself into the winners circle pic.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
One of the reasons why I choose to be single ....

Okay, what airports do we have to fly into for Monmouth or Iowa, anybody know?

Hey, Pdrift .... the vet techs at work think you're hot, lookin' a little like Brad Pitt pre-Angelina ....
lol i wonder if brad was greeted like i am -yes maam-
Old 06-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
ain't gonna happen. afraid we'll be tightening up around here for a bit, tony fell today, all his weight on his left heel from about 6 feet up--heel bone now in about five pieces. surgery in two weeks.

worst case scenario, off work six months. thank god for short term disability.

like i didn't have enough gray hair. keep seeing him fall off the truck.

so, when she wins, i guess i'll be photoshopping myself into the winners circle pic.
sorry to hear that. well i hope all goes smooth thru this for you guys. even tho i don't know him -wish him good luck on the operation and a speedy recovery
Old 06-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Dee Tee Stables

thanks roger! he's kicking himself (well, not REALLY) hates to miss work, he will be absolutely miserable. add in the fact that he never gets sick....is never laid up...

here's the best (worst?) part....he was at MY job when it happened. waiting for the owner/prez to call so i can give him the news. here's hoping i'm not job hunting next week!
Old 06-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
worst case scenario, off work six months. thank god for short term disability. like i didn't have enough gray hair. keep seeing him fall off the truck so, when she wins, i guess i'll be photoshopping myself into the winners circle pic.
Oh, no! Poor Tony! I'm hope the surgery will get him right, what a disaster for your family. I was just going to e-mail you and offer to split the hotel room

We need to find something to hold up in the winners circle, that specifically represents all the DeeTee-rs that can't make it to a particular race ... hey, we could hold up Chuck! Or, we could get a life-sized doll, dress it in DeeTee silks and a DT hat, losing mutual tickets in one hand, DRF in the other ...
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 06-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrift1
lol i wonder if brad was greeted like i am -yes maam-
Hey, I told them, "Brad Pitt doesn't own a race horse!"