Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Les Bois

Default What a thrill

We a had a great time meeting the partners, visitng at the barn and spending time with Chuck and the the team. Looking fiorward to next adventure. Thanks again Steve & Chuck! Extra thanks to our filly!
Old 05-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK

Chuck, with that all said, introduce me to your hotwalker....she is smoking

I wasn't going to broach this subject... but now that GPK has, my friend in Louisville thinks the same thing. Funny, he's not really a big racing fan but he had no problem coming to the races with me on Friday when I told him Chuck had a horse in the 4th (which scratched).
Old 05-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Detroit Race Course

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman5581
I wasn't going to broach this subject... but now that GPK has, my friend in Louisville thinks the same thing. Funny, he's not really a big racing fan but he had no problem coming to the races with me on Friday when I told him Chuck had a horse in the 4th (which scratched).

While Cherie is most definitely easy on the eyes, she is much more than a hot walker. Having been a guest at Chuck's barn on several occasions, it does not take long to figure out she knows horses. She spent two weeks at FG earlier this year in the irons atop Sumwonlovesyou just walking her on the track and letting her stand and watch the other hoerses work. Teaching her during Chuck's "retraining program" that she did'nt have to be in a hurry every time she steps on the track. The partners are lucky that Cherie has taken such a vital interest in SWLY. Thanks Cherie.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Leger
While Cherie is most definitely easy on the eyes, she is much more than a hot walker. Having been a guest at Chuck's barn on several occasions, it does not take long to figure out she knows horses. She spent two weeks at FG earlier this year in the irons atop Sumwonlovesyou just walking her on the track and letting her stand and watch the other hoerses work. Teaching her during Chuck's "retraining program" that she did'nt have to be in a hurry every time she steps on the track. The partners are lucky that Cherie has taken such a vital interest in SWLY. Thanks Cherie.

Yes,
I think her title is assistant trainer. Cherie has been an integral part of bringing Sumwon along. From what I understand Cherie gallops Sumwon a lot. Sumwon has gone from being a nervous wreck scared of other horses to a horse that wants to chase other horses down. Thanks Cherie/TC/Chuck and everyone else.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Santa Anita

I am extremely pleased to have gotten involved in this. Great write-up Steve, and I again must thank and compliment Chuck on the incredible job he has done with her to this point. When I saw what she had ran when we bought her and to think she is now putting up 80 plus Beyers is 1000 times more than I expected in all honesty. She's just a nice horse. Incredible job by Chuck picking her out. (He may know as much about racing as basketball!)
Old 05-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Ellis Park

I wasn't able to make it to Louisville to watch Sumwon race this time. (I was really hoping she would run Friday... Had to be in San Francisco on Saturday.) But I got to watch the race at Bay Meadows. Two minutes before post time, the monitor goes blank with the words "Unauthorized Signal" on the bottom of the screen. I'm thinking, " Who do I have to kill to get this signal back?" A whole minute later, the signal came back (and nobody had to be killed).

Everyone who saw the race knows how exciting it was. I think everyone knows how proud we are of "our girl." Super glad to hear she came back from the race in good shape.

Thanks and congratulations to Steve, Chuck, and Cherie, and all the partners and supporters of Dee Tee Stables. Sumwon's growth and development has been phenomenal.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
I would also like to thank all the members on this board that had enough faith in Steve and Mr. Simon for shelling out the bucks so we could all enjoy. Lots of things on the internet are quite shady, we are all lucky that trust in other people's good will exists here.

That really makes this whole situation quite unique and refreshing for me. Its nice to be a part of a group of honest, trustworthy folks. So a pat on the back to the partners who joined. We have been very fortunate so far in many ways. This little venture has been very kind to us. It did not necessarily have to work out this well... knock on my wood head.
A philosophical context for the joy of SWLY.
Congratulations to all.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Keeneland

Default Hey Chuck?

Is Sumwon still doing well today? Did her TG come back yet?

83, holy cow .....
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts