Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
While I almost broke my leg on Wednesday getting O Bee Naki home, my hand is extremely sore from a curled up Arlington house form getting into Sumwon.....

What was great is that these Ragozin guys that my dad and I were sitting in front of were saying "NO WAY this horse hits the board, 7 pt top, stupid money" I turn around and smile at them. Half of the gold room was all over her including friends of Dellinger (owners of Taylor) who my dad and I sit next to all the time now. It was awesome
The Roger Vice crew? Hopefully they learned a little yesterday. She ran great.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Hollywood Park

Great job everyone! I missed the race and only just got to an internet connection. Thank you Chuck, Cherie, Steve, Willie and everyone else involved in her care. That she runs so well is a testament to her daily good care.

I am really hoping to make it to the next race!
Old 05-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
I'm not an owner but you better believe I was shouting when she came down the stretch yesterday. Its a good story to follow.
I echo these sentiments. I was hoping you guys would be taking the picture as I watched here at home. Great story. Glad to hear she came back healthy and sound. 83 is a nice number, too.

Looking forward to the next run!
Old 05-27-2007, 03:48 PM
pgardn

I would also like to thank all the members on this board that had enough faith in Steve and Mr. Simon for shelling out the bucks so we could all enjoy. Lots of things on the internet are quite shady, we are all lucky that trust in other people's good will exists here.

That really makes this whole situation quite unique and refreshing for me. Its nice to be a part of a group of honest, trustworthy folks. So a pat on the back to the partners who joined. We have been very fortunate so far in many ways. This little venture has been very kind to us. It did not necessarily have to work out this well... knock on my wood head.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
While I almost broke my leg on Wednesday getting O Bee Naki home, my hand is extremely sore from a curled up Arlington house form getting into Sumwon.....

What was great is that these Ragozin guys that my dad and I were sitting in front of were saying "NO WAY this horse hits the board, 7 pt top, stupid money" I turn around and smile at them. Half of the gold room was all over her including friends of Dellinger (owners of Taylor) who my dad and I sit next to all the time now. It was awesome

Please tell me they didn't pound her and aren't responsible for the low odds.

This was abolutely a gas and we didn't win. The track photographer said it was the most 2nd place photos they have sold besides the Derby. It was great meeting everyone (plus 20). One thing I will say is if the next time she runs and you're on the fence between coming or not hurdle the fence and GO!

Scavs see ya tomorrow and want a beer if you have any of that pic 6 money left. Lol
Old 05-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Randwyck

Steve, that's a great summation of a fantastic effort by Sumwon on a beautiful day at Churchill Downs. You and Chuck and crew are doing a wonderful job. The win would have been the only thing that could've made it a little sweeter. It was good to see such a nice turn out of DTers. Benny Leger is correct, this is a wonderful story that could get even better.
Thanks again.

Chris
Old 05-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Leger
It is definitely an awesome story. Maybe with Steve's talent he could write a book about it after she gets a graded win or two!!!
I agree wholeheartedly. Steve and I were joking yesterday about it being a made-for-TV movie story (mainly trying to decide who would play me), but I was really only half-kidding.. It's incredible.

Not enough can be said about what a great job Chuck has done and continues to do with this filly. Like many, I definitely thought he'd move her up after the purchase, but the extent to which she improved has been a very pleasant surprise to say the least, and probably has even startled the staunchest optimists.

The positive reverberations of this venture are many and fantastically significant. While this board is already a fairly closely knit community, the journey of Dee Tee Stables and Sumwonlovesyou has brought everyone together in ways other meesage board administrations would never have been clever enough to dream of.

Owners have been able to meet each other at some of the world's most historic racetracks, and non-owners have joined one another in unfeigned rooting and fervent interest in this $15,000 maiden claimer turned dynamite, potentially stakes-bound filly.

As long as I've known Steve, he's been a smart and creative guy who gets genuine joy out of bringing people together and both teaching and learning the ins and outs of this game. Well, with that spirit, some great training, lots of hard work and a little bit of luck, he's embarked on something that is rapidly becoming a truly inspiring, fascinating and remarkable story and has more than fulfilled those goals of Steve's that I just mentioned.

Considering that he sleeps about 37 seconds a night, he doesn't have a ton of time to soak it all in, but watching this from the periphery (and in that I mean without a share in the partnership), I can assure him that this thing has already been an OUTSTANDING success and he should be tremendously proud of what he's done.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
[/font]

This was abolutely a gas and we didn't win. The track photographer said it was the most 2nd place photos they have sold besides the Derby. It was great meeting everyone (plus 20). One thing I will say is if the next time she runs and you're on the fence between coming or not hurdle the fence and GO!

Scavs see ya tomorrow and want a beer if you have any of that pic 6 money left. Lol
Hey 2nd's aint bad. Now years ago we had a gutsy gelding (Not named Funny Cide!)QH that ran 7 2nd's in a row. I finally told the jock, "Look, I dont care if you have to jump off, DONT RUN 2nd!!!!!" lol But those checks sure are nice.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:08 PM
5'8".. but all man!

I said it last time, but I think it bears repeating.

I am happy for all in involved. I have no stake in this horse (other than the really nice double I was sitting on had she won yesterday), but what brings me the most pleasure in this whole ordeal is to see this girl paying for herself these past two races. For Chuck to be doing what he is doing, out of the kindness of his own heart, gives faith in the principle that good things happen to good people. You can search far and wide and not find many trainers that would do what he is doing.

Chuck, with that all said, introduce me to your hotwalker....she is smoking
Old 05-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
[/font]

THANKS to steve and chuck for all the hard work and for being such great hosts.
thanks chuck and Sumwon for the great day friday at the barn. lunch with chuck, kelly and martin was a excellent afternoon.
it was GREAT to finally meet partners and spend the afternoon with all. what a decent and friendly group.
to echo Dell's statement. GO!! to the next race! my wife and i CAN"T wait to go again! you have NO idea what a great time you are missing!
IF you get the chance to go the day before, go back to barn and spend it with our star! Sumwon was great to watch workout and hang out with.
most of all race day, how can you not love her heart and her effort!
we are working on our pictures, hope to get them up tonight or tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Dee Tee Stables

just got home a little while ago--long drive back, but no way we wouldn't do it again in a moment! kids had a blast, i know i did! i'll get pics up tomorrow, don't feel like tackling downloading tonite.
we went by the barn this morning for a few minutes before tackling the drive home, i got a few pics of sumwon lounging in the straw.

thanks to chuck, cherie and the rest of his crew--they have done a magnificent job with sumwon. and of course, thanks to our fearless leader, steve!!
Old 05-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Santa Anita

Congrats to all of the owners, but a special congrats to Chuck. You have done a wonderful job with this filly.

Thank you all for sharing your story with us. Wonderful recap Steve!
Old 05-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
just got home a little while ago--long drive back, but no way we wouldn't do it again in a moment! kids had a blast, i know i did! i'll get pics up tomorrow, don't feel like tackling downloading tonite.
we went by the barn this morning for a few minutes before tackling the drive home, i got a few pics of sumwon lounging in the straw.

thanks to chuck, cherie and the rest of his crew--they have done a magnificent job with sumwon. and of course, thanks to our fearless leader, steve!!
How long a drive was it? Glad you're glad you showed up. Can't wait to see the pics.
Old 05-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut
How long a drive was it? Glad you're glad you showed up. Can't wait to see the pics.
about 10 1/2 hours, but i tried to stay around 80....hehe. troopers were out in force, but thank goodness for people who drive a bit faster than me!

glad i showed up too, well worth it--just wish i hadn't woken up at 2:30 am, and then couldn't get back to sleep....

had a BLAST! there were a lot of high points, but i still can't believe chuck handing me his cell and saying, here, say hi to randy romero!! man, what a DAY!
Old 05-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
I agree wholeheartedly. Steve and I were joking yesterday about it being a made-for-TV movie story (mainly trying to decide who would play me), but I was really only half-kidding.. It's incredible.

Not enough can be said about what a great job Chuck has done and continues to do with this filly. Like many, I definitely thought he'd move her up after the purchase, but the extent to which she improved has been a very pleasant surprise to say the least, and probably has even startled the staunchest optimists.

The positive reverberations of this venture are many and fantastically significant. While this board is already a fairly closely knit community, the journey of Dee Tee Stables and Sumwonlovesyou has brought everyone together in ways other meesage board administrations would never have been clever enough to dream of.

Owners have been able to meet each other at some of the world's most historic racetracks, and non-owners have joined one another in unfeigned rooting and fervent interest in this $15,000 maiden claimer turned dynamite, potentially stakes-bound filly.

As long as I've known Steve, he's been a smart and creative guy who gets genuine joy out of bringing people together and both teaching and learning the ins and outs of this game. Well, with that spirit, some great training, lots of hard work and a little bit of luck, he's embarked on something that is rapidly becoming a truly inspiring, fascinating and remarkable story and has more than fulfilled those goals of Steve's that I just mentioned.

Considering that he sleeps about 37 seconds a night, he doesn't have a ton of time to soak it all in, but watching this from the periphery (and in that I mean without a share in the partnership), I can assure him that this thing has already been an OUTSTANDING success and he should be tremendously proud of what he's done.
so when are you coming to a race so we can meet?? and hooves too, the one who thought this scheme up to begin with?
Old 05-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
so when are you coming to a race so we can meet?? and hooves too, the one who thought this scheme up to begin with?
If she finds a spot in New York, I'll be there with bells on.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
If she finds a spot in New York, I'll be there with bells on.
That makes two of us. And I know about 6 more.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Steve Byk

Thanks to everyone for the continued expressions of pleasure and excitement over what we're doing together and Joey for very accurately capturing my feelings thoughts/towards the project..

It's more than any of us could have hoped of in terms of the 'ownership experience'..
Old 05-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Pimlico

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
I said it last time, but I think it bears repeating.

I am happy for all in involved. I have no stake in this horse (other than the really nice double I was sitting on had she won yesterday), but what brings me the most pleasure in this whole ordeal is to see this girl paying for herself these past two races. For Chuck to be doing what he is doing, out of the kindness of his own heart, gives faith in the principle that good things happen to good people. You can search far and wide and not find many trainers that would do what he is doing.
Great job, Steve, Chuck and all the rest of the partners. Like GPK, I'm just on the bandwagon, but this is just so much fun to follow Sumwon and root her (and you guys!) on. Thanks for taking the risk and making this happen. Glad to hear that she came out of the race in good shape and look forward to rooting her on in the next one. Congratulations, guys, and keep up the good work!
Old 05-28-2007, 07:14 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

Well said, Joey. I couldn't be happier... I got stuck at a wedding on Saturday and missed watching the live race, but I was screaming my a$$ off when I got home to watch the replay (even though I knew the outcome.) I am so happy for all involved with this hard knocking filly.