Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Oh yeah? Ever hear of a son of Ole Bob Bowers named John Henry.
And watch who you call snake oil salesman, Iavarone puts up a lot of his OWN cash, not just investors money. Its easy to buy horses with investors money, takes brass balls to kick up your own.
But yeah, comparisons to St Liam are a "tad" premature, LOL! haveto know Dutrow and how he says things. Hes probably very high on the horse.
John Henry (KY) was well bred despite the fact that people like to make him out to be the horse that overcame great odds. Ole Bob Bowers was a stakes winner that set the world record at 9f. Once Double was also the daughter of Juvenile Champ Double Jay.

KD is an OK bred out of horses I have never heard of.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Performance makes racehorses, not breeding. But your other point is completely valid about having to do something before he is compared to anyone, lol.
Question about breeding. I saw a lot syndicates and ownesr spend a lot of cash last year on expensive horses with "great pedigrees". IEAH and partners bought a "lowly" daughter of Real Quiet out of a WIld Zone mare who has won a grade 2, placed in 2 other grade 2's, and was 4th in the Oaks.
How do you explain this if pedigree is such a determinant factor.
P.S. They are already "out" on the purchase and andything else she does on the track is gravy, to go along with the broodmare value that a grade two winner has. Looks like "the snakeoil" salesman did a lot of good by himself and his people with that one.
Real Quiet nearly won the triple crown. KD is out of who? Also fillies are a completely different story. They will always have value for breeding purposes.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:39 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exceller
Real Quiet nearly won the triple crown. KD is out of who?
You avoided the question. At the the time real Quiet had not sired anything, and had been given up on and sent to Pennsylvania. He was considered a total bust. But a sharp guy saw one he thought could really run, and would stretch out later in the year.................... She cost 8 grand at auction to the original owner. Ive seen her finish ahead of a lotta high 6 figure and 7 figure purchases.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
You avoided the question. At the the time real Quiet had not sired anything, and had been given up on and sent to Pennsylvania. He was considered a total bust. But a sharp guy saw one he thought could really run, and would stretch out later in the year.................... She cost 8 grand at auction to the original owner. Ive seen her finish ahead of a lotta high 6 figure and 7 figure purchases.
That is a good buy but the horse is still out of a KD Winner. There are tons of low priced horses that turn out great but you can look at their breeding an explain it. No horse with KD breeding will ever be Horse of the Year caliber. I just won't happen.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
That is a good buy but the horse is still out of a KD Winner. There are tons of low priced horses that turn out great but you can look at their breeding an explain it. No horse with KD breeding will ever be Horse of the Year caliber. I just won't happen.
Let's get another thing straight...

Kip Deville is by Kipling who is by Gulch and out of a Storm Bird mare. You've never heard of those horses before?
Old 06-07-2006, 03:50 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
Let's get another thing straight...

Kip Deville is by Kipling who is by Gulch and out of a Storm Bird mare. You've never heard of those horses before?

LOL!!!! Thats whats funny, if you go far enough back in any tbred they are ALL well bred. besides, who cares about breeding once they show you they are fast and have heart. I couldnt care less about who they are by once they show me what they can do.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
LOL!!!! Thats whats funny, if you go far enough back in any tbred they are ALL well bred. besides, who cares about breeding once they show you they are fast and have heart. I couldnt care less about who they are by once they show me what they can do.
Me either... as long as they can run, I really could care less about their pedigree.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Me either... as long as they can run, I really could care less about their pedigree.
I know you are joking about Gulch. Now if Gulch was on the bottom maybe, but Encino a career earner of $34K is there.

Ok, on talent then, what has this horse done for someone to pay $500K for him and then compare him to St.Liam? Now if they were joking ok, but the MP3 guy clearly believes that. That borders on insanity.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I know you are joking about Gulch. Now if Gulch was on the bottom maybe, but Encino a career earner of $34K is there.

Ok, on talent then, what has this horse done for someone to pay $500K for him and then compare him to St.Liam? Now if they were joking ok, but the MP3 guy clearly believes that. That borders on insanity.
YOUR posts are bordering on insanity with all of the pedigree mumbo jumbo... please tell me YOU are joking about Encino? If this person wants to believe that Kip Deville will be a great horse, then let him! Who are you to say that he won't be? I sure as hell won't judge him until he proves me otherwise. LOL!

Encino is by Nijinsky II who is by Northern Dancer. Hmmm... who the hell is Northern Dancer? Never heard of him!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
YOUR posts are bordering on insanity with all of the pedigree mumbo jumbo... please tell me YOU are joking about Encino? If this person wants to believe that Kip Deville will be a great horse, then let him! Who are you to say that he won't be? I sure as hell won't judge him until he proves me otherwise. LOL!

Encino is by Nijinsky II who is by Northern Dancer. Hmmm... who the hell is Northern Dancer? Never heard of him!
Why don't you go back to the Goldolphin Barb. KD could be a great horse but comparing him to St. Liam is ridiculous. Maybe if they guy/girl didn't speak in the third person I wouldn't have gotten all over him.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Why don't you go back to the Goldolphin Barb. KD could be a great horse but comparing him to St. Liam is ridiculous. Maybe if they guy/girl didn't speak in the third person I wouldn't have gotten all over him.
And I wouldn't have gotten all over you if you wouldn't have made the kinds of references you did without properly researching them. I'm not comparing KD to St. Liam, but I didn't agree with your comments about his lack of "pedigree" and the fact that he would NEVER be an Eclipse award winning horse because of his lack of "blue blood." Winning races is what wins that award and if he wins the races, then he is just as worthy as any other "properly pedigreed" horse.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:17 PM
oracle80

Quote:

Exceller,
Ricky is a funny guy and he gets very emotional when he sees a horse work good. I think he probably saw the horse work good and got excited, don't know for sure.
I agree with you that comparisons to greats like St Liam are premature. But really, I would think you questioning them paying 500 grand for teh horse is a bit funny. Look I respect everyone who stands up and takes a shot in this game. EVERYONE!!! Even if i dont like them, I respect them, you dont haveto like someone to respect someone. Now look, if you wanna get into whose a bad buy, I recently saw one you guys own who was purchased for like 230 K debut in a maiden 40 claimer. Look, everyone makes bad buys, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a game where you are gonna buy a lotta bad ones looking for a good one. Now at yearling sales, people dont bash others because they dont know what the horse will do.
With private purchases they have a track record. Personally when i do a deal the price is NEVER ANNOUNCED!!! See. I'm a nyer, and nyer's don't rat, no matter what. Its our best trait. And quite frankly if IEAH thinks the horse is worth that much who is anyone to bash them? Some pretty good folks do business with them, Joe Torre and Coach Mike Jarvis even do business with them. And if you look at what their runners have done the last couple of years, with many being purchased at lower end or mid level prices, I would say they are doing pretty damn good.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Exceller,
Ricky is a funny guy and he gets very emotional when he sees a horse work good. I think he probably saw the horse work good and got excited, don't know for sure.
I agree with you that comparisons to greats like St Liam are premature. But really, I would think you questioning them paying 500 grand for teh horse is a bit funny. Look I respect everyone who stands up and takes a shot in this game. EVERYONE!!! Even if i dont like them, I respect them, you dont haveto like someone to respect someone. Now look, if you wanna get into whose a bad buy, I recently saw one you guys own who was purchased for like 230 K debut in a maiden 40 claimer. Look, everyone makes bad buys, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a game where you are gonna buy a lotta bad ones looking for a good one. Now at yearling sales, people dont bash others because they dont know what the horse will do.
With private purchases they have a track record. Personally when i do a deal the price is NEVER ANNOUNCED!!! See. I'm a nyer, and nyer's don't rat, no matter what. Its our best trait. And quite frankly if IEAH thinks the horse is worth that much who is anyone to bash them? Some pretty good folks do business with them, Joe Torre and Coach Mike Jarvis even do business with them. And if you look at what their runners have done the last couple of years, with many being purchased at lower end or mid level prices, I would say they are doing pretty damn good.
I am sure he is a nice guy, I was kidding with him and even put the word kidding at the end of the post. But lets be serious that horse will never be a HOY. Look at his record.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:28 PM
oracle80

Quote:
I am sure he is a nice guy, I was kidding with him and even put the word kidding at the end of the post. But lets be serious that horse will never be a HOY. Look at his record.
LOL!! Thats a pretty safe bet Exceller!!! I want none of that action!
Old 06-24-2006, 05:01 PM
oracle80

Quote:
The best horse he ever trained? The guy had Saint Liam and has Silver Train. That horse is running with cheap allowance horses and won a race in TX on a terrible course. Good luck if you bet on him in that race although Dutrow will have him ready. Don't worry they didn't sell you any, if you wait about 8-10 months you can buy him in the 15K claimer at Aqueduct. Kidding.
Its time for soem crow eating here boys and girls!!! Just thought Exceller and Bold Ruler whould have this thread bumped up!!!! Exceller, how does his breeding look now? Looks pretty irrelevant to me and at 500 grand they got a bargain. They could get 2 mill for him off that incredible race!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 05:06 PM
Gulfstream Park

Default nt

EX COACH JARVIS PLEASE....as well as EX BOARD MEMBER

BTW Mike Jarvis was given a no show title by IEAH...he did nothing for the company.

Last edited by Storm Cadet : 06-24-2006 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:18 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Its time for soem crow eating here boys and girls!!! Just thought Exceller and Bold Ruler whould have this thread bumped up!!!! Exceller, how does his breeding look now? Looks pretty irrelevant to me and at 500 grand they got a bargain. They could get 2 mill for him off that incredible race!!!
Crow eating, with my money. I am not sure what I said other than that Showing Up would win, and he did. I said it before the race. As usual Oracle had the trifecta, but would give out his pick before the race even though i asked him 3x. Tough loss for Oracles guys, nice win for the Jacksons.

I now have Zero respect for Oracle, since I know he is full of it. If he really hit a triple he wouldn't be bashing Showing Up and saying Kip Deville will destroy him in a rematch. Sounds like a sore loser to me.