Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2022, 11:37 AM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
There you have it Vic. Calling me a bully. Good luck with that. You want to adopt a dishonest Twitter narrative ( surely you know these exist in MANY destructive ways on social media ) have at it...but it speaks volumes about you.

Sorry, but asking people to rationally defend opinions is not bullying. It's expecting a level of performance that racing fans deserve. I get it, you don't think racing fans deserve quality. I do. We'll have to agree to disagree on that issue. Glad you made your position clear.
I respect and admire racing fans as much or more than anyone who's ever done what I do.

I make that crystal clear every day I'm on the air.

What about that day you lambasted Anthony about being fired from the Daily news?

That seemed like bullying to me.

I'm FAR from the first person who has accused you of bullying.

Tell ya what. I'll take back bullying.

Let's go with aggressive and hyper opinionated.

So much so that people on the air with you seem intimidated?

All I said was I think I could out handicap you even at NYRA and that our back and forth banter would be fun, interesting and not so one sided.

I think your skill set for the handicapping show is fantastic and well presented.

Our show with Nancy and myself is also well received.

I've long thought it would be fun to go toe to toe with you.

But, alas that's probably not in the cards.

Thanks for your input.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:41 AM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
And just because you say something doesn’t make it true.

People that actually know me don’t think I’m angry.

Then again…I don’t feel the need to pander to people online. I’m not trying to boost my ego with the opinions of strangers. That’s all on you big guy.

Kinda sad truthfully.

I see why your buddy Mountainman does it. He’s a nobody. You’re actually a name in this industry so to see you do it is really pathetic.
Let's say for the sake of conversation you're right. I'm a total self centered POS.

That you're right and you've exposed me.

What about the leigons of others on the forums that you're so hateful with?
Old 04-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Let's say for the sake of conversation you're right. I'm a total self centered POS.

That you're right and you've exposed me.

What about the leigons of others on the forums that you're so hateful with?
What about them? You think they’re sitting at home crying because someone with the online moniker Dahoss said something they don’t like?
Old 04-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
I respect and admire racing fans as much or more than anyone who's ever done what I do.

What about that day you lambasted Anthony about being fired from the Daily news?

All I said was I think I could out handicap you even at NYRA and that our back and forth banter would be fun, interesting and not so one sided.

I think your skill set for the handicapping show is fantastic and well presented.

Thanks for your input.
If they handed out an award for having no humility you’d win everyday Vic.

Don’t ever change
Old 04-12-2022, 11:49 AM
v j stauffer

Quote:
What about them? You think they’re sitting at home crying because someone with the online moniker Dahoss said something they don’t like?
No I think they are racing fans just like you and me that would prefer to discuss the good and bad of our great game without being bombarded with vituperations.

I don't think they're crying.

Just disapointed.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:53 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
No I think they are racing fans just like you and me that would prefer to discuss the good and bad of our great game without being bombarded with vituperations.

I don't think they're crying.

Just disapointed.
Let’s talk about when you bullied Craig Braddock for having an opinion you didn’t agree with. Here you are…the announcer at Hollywood Park bullying an announcer at a lower tiered track for an opinion he had.

Then you cheered when he lost his job because his track was closing.

You’re in no position to lecture anyone.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:54 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:

Thanks for your input.
First of all, and once again, the fact that others have accused me of bullying doesn't make it true. The lies that are told about me on social media are plentiful. People repeating these lies doesn't add to their truth. You using this as some sort of defense for you doing it is unfortunate and only adds to their destructiveness.

My exchange with Anthony that day was unfortunate and regrettable. I have stated that here and PA, as well as Twitter, and fully acknowledge that I was wrong and out of line. It's complicated, as most things are, but there is no defense for my behavior. Like most, I'm an imperfect person.

There are many people that wish they could be on Talking Horses. I consider this a compliment....however, it doesn't mean they will be coming on the show.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:59 AM
v j stauffer

Quote:
First of all, and once again, the fact that others have accused me of bullying doesn't make it true. The lies that are told about me on social media are plentiful. People repeating these lies doesn't add to their truth. You using this as some sort of defense for you doing it is unfortunate and only adds to their destructiveness.

My exchange with Anthony that day was unfortunate and regrettable. I have stated that here and PA, as well as Twitter, and fully acknowledge that I was wrong and out of line. It's complicated, as most things are, but there is no defense for my behavior. Like most, I'm an imperfect person.

There are many people that wish they could be on Talking Horses. I consider this a compliment....however, it doesn't mean they will be coming on the show.
I'm right with you on making mistakes that are regrettable.

We both do live television and discuss a very passionate game.

I'm an imperfect person as well.

It should be considered a compliment that many people would like to be on Talking Horses with you.

It's an excellent show.

IMO you and I trading opinions could make it even better. But that's out of my control.

Thanks for taking time to share your views.
Old 04-12-2022, 12:45 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Cynthia Phipps telling Hammer you take touch this?
What does you take touch this mean ?
Old 04-12-2022, 12:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:

It should be considered a compliment that many people would like to be on Talking Horses with you.

It's an excellent show.

IMO you and I trading opinions could make it even better. But that's out of my control.

Nothing on your abhorrent behavior towards a fellow announcer?
Old 04-12-2022, 12:52 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
There's something really wrong when horses like Secret Oath are referred to as a generational talent unless it's tongue in cheek. At this point she's a promising 3YO beating up on horribly overmatched horses, even more so than Songbird, who at least was a brilliant 2YO that never really progressed significantly but was still good enough to beat most of the horses she faced.

This has been an incredibly uninspiring crop of 3YO fillies, save Echo Zulu, so it's great to see someone else come along, but a little rational perspective wouldn't hurt.
Songbird never progressed ? You forget that she blew the competition away in front your own eyes that summer at Saratoga ?
Old 04-12-2022, 01:06 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
What does you take touch this mean ?
Just a guess but I think Freddy was saying you "can't" touch this.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Just a guess but I think Freddy was saying you "can't" touch this.
Yep.

Save, the Big A who is a wonderful person, all of Andy's partners have raised their game and become better at their job. While in a sick demented way I would love to see you and Andy do A show, I am not sure either of you or the audience would get much out of it save the entertainment value. We have enough gimmicks in racing.
Old 04-12-2022, 05:04 PM
Havre de Grace

Serling would have to pick up his game with a superior capper like Vic on the desk. If the Fox TV people were interested in helping the players, Byk and Vic are the 2 best around, and should be the first team.
Old 04-12-2022, 05:11 PM
Jerome Park

The village idiot thinks I need to raise my game.

If only I had interrupted a busy Whitney Day to get him those Phish tickets. If I had just done that, he wouldn't make such a constant fool of himself all over the internet.

Anyone have a spare time machine?
Old 04-12-2022, 05:29 PM
Havre de Grace

You don’t think you’ve lost a step ? Still think you’re above handicapping the steeple chase races huh ? You don’t think all the hate for you out there is because you’re so good a capper ? Your personna on Fox as opposed to talking hosses is so different. You know that berating of mr. stabile would never fly on Fox. If you’re gonna play the villain, don’t be such a baby. Go block yourself .
Old 04-12-2022, 05:42 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:

It's an excellent show.

Assuming you did "the work" all of the work regards to the present would be the most important topic.
Old 04-12-2022, 05:52 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
You don’t think you’ve lost a step ? Still think you’re above handicapping the steeple chase races huh ? You don’t think all the hate for you out there is because you’re so good a capper ? Your personna on Fox as opposed to talking hosses is so different. You know that berating of mr. stabile would never fly on Fox. If you’re gonna play the villain, don’t be such a baby. Go block yourself .
Thank goodness I don't count on him to handicap he sucks 67.5% of the time maybe 64.7%. He doesn't make a living because he is a great handicapper he makes a living trying to be the best handicapper and helping others do the same.
Bro, I have two in section J for Whitney call me I got you
Old 04-12-2022, 05:59 PM
Keeneland

The idea that Stabile needs...or even wants Vic and Dan the Village Idiot defending him is laugh out loud funny.

Not as funny as thinking someone is above handicapping steeplechase races, but close.
Old 04-12-2022, 06:05 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
The idea that Stabile needs...or even wants Vic and Dan the Village Idiot defending him is laugh out loud funny.

Not as funny as thinking someone is above handicapping steeplechase races, but close.
You know me, I'm lazy and shirk my responsibilities. I guess admitting you aren't particularly good at something, and going out of your way to get someone better, means I'm above it.

If that guy ever gets even one thing correct it will be a miraculous accident.