Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2017, 12:00 PM
The Curragh

Thank you sir.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:15 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
That button must have gotten stuck in the stretch of the Bc Classic.
Push button speed does not mean when you are in the stretch drive when you are asking for a hoss' best run. but then, you already knew that, right ? You figured you'd take the potshot anyway. You'd fit in with the Giants secondary
Old 01-24-2017, 12:18 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
So what is your prediction for post-time odds for each?
Arrogate 3:5 and CA Chrome around 7:5.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:24 PM
Calder Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Arrogate 3:5 and CA Chrome around 7:5.
I think you are offering what the odds "should" be, not what they will be.

There will probably be a lot of "sentimental" or "fan" money on CC - it will be closer to 4:5 and 1:1 - but yes, Arrogate will be favored
Old 01-24-2017, 12:47 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfla View Post

There will probably be a lot of "sentimental" or "fan" money on CC - it will be closer to 4:5 and 1:1 - but yes, Arrogate will be favored
In a win pool of $1.5 to $2 million, I'm suspect of how much "fan" money is going to affect the odds, but you could be right.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:53 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfla View Post

I think fan money will be mostly small potatoes. The smart big money will certainly be scared off by the 12 hole.. I see 3:5 and 8:5 myself.. Any big money to be made will be in the horizontals in the improbable upset. They still need to run the race and crazy stuff could happen... Hopefully I can find a decent non favorite or 2 to single on the races leading up to this.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:47 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I don't understand why he would be in "plenty of traffic" or, really, even any traffic. Arrogate is fast. He will leave for position. Others may outrun him, but only if it's a reasonably quick pace, which means there will be separation in the field, which means there won't be traffic. The reason we have a lot of traffic issues these days is specifically because of the constant slow paces which bunches up the fields. This does not rate to happen in the Pegasus.
Interesting perspective as I did not project this race to be as strung out on the front end. On first glance, I could not see all three of Velazquez, Castellano, and Ortiz making this easy for the inside horse with Smith on board ... then I re-read your comment about the slow paces on our hometown NYRA circuit and was depending on the three key New York jockeys to cause the chaos.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:11 AM
Ellis Park

I'm thinking Frank Stronach really got lucky having Arrogate/Chrome make it to this race.
The appeal/talent level of the two main players is major.
Digging a bit more into Arrogate/Chrome:

Arrogate:
3yo Champion/jaw dropping final time in the Travers/highest ranked horse in the world/great company lines in his Gr. 1 races.
He's 2 for 2 in Gr.1's(major Gr.1's),defeating 10 Gr.1 winners (that's the stat that jumps out at you).

Chrome:
Dual Classic winner/Two time HOY/4 time Eclipse Award winner.........etc.
His Gr.1 resume is also huge.
He's 7 for 11 in Gr.1's........winning on 6 different courses(that might be his best stat).
He's beaten 19(at least) Gr.1 winning horses in his Gr.1 victories.
In fairness to Chrome,if you add up the amount of Gr.1 wins the 19 horses have accounted for the number bumps up quite a bit.

Moral of the post.....
I'd be surprised if future runnings of the Pegasus have the interest of this Saturday's race.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:22 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
I'm thinking Frank Stronach really got lucky having Arrogate/Chrome make it to this race.
The appeal/talent level of the two main players is major.
Digging a bit more into Arrogate/Chrome:

Arrogate:
3yo Champion/jaw dropping final time in the Travers/highest ranked horse in the world/great company lines in his Gr. 1 races.
He's 2 for 2 in Gr.1's(major Gr.1's),defeating 10 Gr.1 winners (that's the stat that jumps out at you).

Chrome:
Dual Classic winner/Two time HOY/4 time Eclipse Award winner.........etc.
His Gr.1 resume is also huge.
He's 7 for 11 in Gr.1's........winning on 6 different courses(that might be his best stat).
He's beaten 19(at least) Gr.1 winning horses in his Gr.1 victories.
In fairness to Chrome,if you add up the amount of Gr.1 wins the 19 horses have accounted for the number bumps up quite a bit.

Moral of the post.....
I'd be surprised if future runnings of the Pegasus have the interest of this Saturday's race.
Yeah, next year it would take an Arrogate vs another Arrogate like horse to jump up in this crop of three year olds. Unlikely it will happen again.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:03 PM
Tropical Park

As I think back to 2004 and reflect on the top 2 finishers in the BCC and the DWC, I see a similarity between MDO and Pleasantly Perfect and this year’s top 2 BCC runners, Chrome and Arrogate. In 2017 however, 13 years later, the DWC has been replaced by the inaugural running of the Pegasus world cup.
The big difference this year is the distance. While both the BCC and DWC were run at 10f on dirt, the Pegasus is run at 9f. And this change alone makes it impractical to compare the winning situation. While in 2004 MDO was headed for victory to be caught at the 9.5 f mark by PP. as was CC in 2017 by Arrogate in the BCC. The shorter race at GP (9f) may make the end result quite different. AT the 9f mark in the 2016 Bcc CC was a winner, will CC be a winner at 9f at Gulfstream.
How much are you willing to wager on this ?

I read TVG is offering 10 to 1 odds on either CC or Arrogate to win
9f makes the PWC a different animal than the DWC, and the question to be asked is at 9f can a horse other than the top 2 be the winner ?..and if TVG is offering 10 to 1 , building up pool sizes, would a place bet on anyhorse other than CC or Arrow, be the best wager on the day, as the inflated pools will offer much value on the place winner if the top 2 finish 1,3..or even worse.

Thoughts ?
Old 01-25-2017, 12:39 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretriat34 View Post
As I think back to 2004 and reflect on the top 2 finishers in the BCC and the DWC, I see a similarity between MDO and Pleasantly Perfect and this year’s top 2 BCC runners, Chrome and Arrogate. In 2017 however, 13 years later, the DWC has been replaced by the inaugural running of the Pegasus world cup.
The big difference this year is the distance. While both the BCC and DWC were run at 10f on dirt, the Pegasus is run at 9f. And this change alone makes it impractical to compare the winning situation. While in 2004 MDO was headed for victory to be caught at the 9.5 f mark by PP. as was CC in 2017 by Arrogate in the BCC. The shorter race at GP (9f) may make the end result quite different. AT the 9f mark in the 2016 Bcc CC was a winner, will CC be a winner at 9f at Gulfstream.
How much are you willing to wager on this ?

I read TVG is offering 10 to 1 odds on either CC or Arrogate to win
9f makes the PWC a different animal than the DWC, and the question to be asked is at 9f can a horse other than the top 2 be the winner ?..and if TVG is offering 10 to 1 , building up pool sizes, would a place bet on anyhorse other than CC or Arrow, be the best wager on the day, as the inflated pools will offer much value on the place winner if the top 2 finish 1,3..or even worse.

Thoughts ?
TVG offer is only on new accounts. If I was setting up an account I would take the 10-1 on arrogate
Old 01-25-2017, 01:48 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
TVG offer is only on new accounts. If I was setting up an account I would take the 10-1 on arrogate
25.00 max, and in lieu of the usual 250.00 sign up bonus, I presume... Tricky Devils
Old 01-25-2017, 02:22 PM
Arlington Park

Twinspires is running a 15% deposit bonus (up to $100) today. Don't have to be new.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:26 PM
Morris Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants II View Post
Twinspires is running a 15% deposit bonus (up to $100) today. Don't have to be new. They actually care somewhat about their current users instead of clown shoes TVG and their clickbait gimmick bonus offers.
Is that $100 max deposit or $100 max bonus? I tried looking on their site on my phone but the details get cut off.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:35 PM
Calder Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants II View Post
Twinspires is running a 15% deposit bonus (up to $100) today. Don't have to be new.
hey, thanks for pointing this out! I just collected my bonus.

I would never had known this w/o your post.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:05 PM
Longchamps

Not to hijack the Pegasus thread the other cool TVG perk is for all the derby prep races you get your money back (maximum bet $15) if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd. Good way to bet some long shots. Lots of good deals out there.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:40 PM
Goodwood

Arrogate toyed with Chrome and could have gone for the lead at any point earlier in the race. Did anyone see the Travers?
Old 01-25-2017, 10:18 PM
Churchill Downs

Smile

Going with Chrome ...perfect post to stalk and pounce....arrogate must go from the 1 hole.....lots of early speed signed on and horses will go to the front. I know playing closers at G.P isn't vogue but I can see some tired front runners in the last 1/8th and set up beautifully for either Shaman Ghost or Semper Fortis to get the exacta.

BAM!!!
Old 01-26-2017, 08:31 AM
Havre de Grace

Default e. PgssWCIv-G1 Pegasus World Cup Invitational S. Grade I. Purse $12,000,0

http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_vi...param3=1718484

Blaise Pascal
Old 01-26-2017, 10:44 AM
Narragansett Park

This weekend, NYRABets is having a $20 win bet rebate on the Pegasus World Cup if your horse finishes second. To me, this makes Arrogate an automatic play.