Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-08-2007, 10:02 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
Out of curiousity...if you know so much more, how come you haven't been able to get a job in the Thoroughbred Industry?
I know people at Godolphin, which is how i know what goes on there. It has nothing to do with my employment whatsoever.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 08-08-2007, 10:03 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Uh oh, I feel like there is another "This is my last post" coming.

Are you going to contribute to this thread in anyway?

This is coming from somebody that had a strop when people go off topic on racing threads

Old 08-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance
Are you going to contribute to this thread in anyway?

This is coming from somebody that had a strop when people go off topic on racing threads
Your opinion is so jaded in a pro-Coolmore/anti-Godolphin way that there is no point in trying to add anything of substance since you won't listen to it. I'd have a better chance of convincing a Bush supporter that we'd have been better off with Howard Dean as President.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:15 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Your opinion is so jaded in a pro-Coolmore/anti-Godolphin way that there is no point in trying to add anything of substance since you won't listen to it. I'd have a better chance of convincing a Bush supporter that we'd have been better off with Howard Dean as President.
Believe me...... i'm far from pro Coolmore. I can't stand either of them, but as far as success and running a business is concerned, i do admire Coolmore because they do it so well. They themselves aren't great for racing, but at least they don't go out buying other people's horses what seems like every month with Godolphin.

You don't hear about Coolmore/ Ballydoyle having lots of injuries and break downs, not like you do with the Godolphin horses.

I'm not a fan of either, but Godolphin make me sick how they ruin so many horses in the space of a few months and they think by buying another one it will make it all better again.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
You don't hear about Coolmore/ Ballydoyle having lots of injuries and break downs, not like you do with the Godolphin horses.
Really? Then where the hell is Spanish Chestnut? What happened to Wild Fit when she got in their care? How long was Chekhov out for? Where'd Ravel go? How about Scat Daddy who they were running with bar shoes for a year? Heck, they have a $16 million horse that hasn't even made it to a race yet. How can you possibly think that Coolmore doesn't have a lot of injuries as well?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Really? Then where the hell is Spanish Chestnut? What happened to Wild Fit when she got in their care? How long was Chekhov out for? Where'd Ravel go? How about Scat Daddy who they were running with bar shoes for a year? Heck, they have a $16 million horse that hasn't even made it to a race yet. How can you possibly think that Coolmore doesn't have a lot of injuries as well?
I have no idea about the American operation. That sounds more like Todd Pletcher's problem to me.

They may have many injuries, but what gets my goat about Godolphin is the perfectly good horses they buy which they either turn into nags or get them injured.

I probably get to see this much more than you guys.

What i don't understand is that when a sheikh or arab buys one of your nice horses, Premium Tap for instance...... you all go mad about it. But when i get fed up with Godolphin buying all of these good horses over here, not only that but ruining them in the process, i'm wrong for having that attitude?

Old 08-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I have no idea about the American operation. That sounds more like Todd Pletcher's problem to me.

They may have many injuries, but what gets my goat about Godolphin is the perfectly good horses they buy which they either turn into nags or get them injured.

I probably get to see this much more than you guys.

What i don't understand is that when a sheikh or arab buys one of your nice horses, Premium Tap for instance...... you all go mad about it. But when i get fed up with Godolphin buying all of these good horses over here, not only that but ruining them in the process, i'm wrong for having that attitude?
Pletcher didn't have the majority of those horses. Wild Fit was a perfectly good horse that they spent big money on and died in their care. Chekhov was a $3.3 million horse that could barely win a goat race. Coolmore has their share of nags and injuries just like Godolphin does.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:33 AM
The Curragh

I apologise if i have upset anyone in this thread.

I have been trying to get what i'm 99% sure is the truth across. Maybe when Godolphin start taking over in the U.S you will see where i'm coming from.

I respect your owners for not giving up to them, especially the smaller owners that manage to find a really nice horse every so often.

I guess i'm sick of seeing them buy everything that is in their way, just because their breeding operation cannot produce the goods anymore. I hope that now they have pruchased some good stallion prospects that the mass buying will stop, and it will encourage more owners back into the sport. I'm sick of all these good horses just 'disapearing' or all of a sudden becoming useless.

As you can tell, i'm very passionate about this subject.

I don't want to fall out with anyone over this, but i do think some of you turn a blind eye to them just because they like a number of the horses they train.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Pletcher didn't have the majority of those horses. Wild Fit was a perfectly good horse that they spent big money on and died in their care. Chekhov was a $3.3 million horse that could barely win a goat race. Coolmore has their share of nags and injuries just like Godolphin does.
But he's so cute, dammit.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Saratoga

Quote:

Who exactly are you talking about here..... I can't find the post with the horse you listed but if I'm remembering correctly you mentioned hinterland (nothing wrong with him) and The geezer (nothing wrong with him either).
Old 08-08-2007, 10:38 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Who exactly are you talking about here..... I can't find the post with the horse you listed but if I'm remembering correctly you mentioned hinterland (nothing wrong with him) and The geezer (nothing wrong with him either).
No, those two are fine, but they have become nags since they were at Godolphin. How can a horse like Hinterland (who looked like he was going to be a nice horse) all of a sudden just seemingly lose most of his ability. The same with The Geezer.

Imperial Stride and Vista Bella were injured soon after they arrived at Godolphin.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I apologise if i have upset anyone in this thread.

I have been trying to get what i'm 99% sure is the truth across. Maybe when Godolphin start taking over in the U.S you will see where i'm coming from.

I respect your owners for not giving up to them, especially the smaller owners that manage to find a really nice horse every so often.

I guess i'm sick of seeing them buy everything that is in their way, just because their breeding operation cannot produce the goods anymore. I hope that now they have pruchased some good stallion prospects that the mass buying will stop, and it will encourage more owners back into the sport. I'm sick of all these good horses just 'disapearing' or all of a sudden becoming useless.

As you can tell, i'm very passionate about this subject.

I don't want to fall out with anyone over this, but i do think some of you turn a blind eye to them just because they like a number of the horses they train.
I don't have a problem with Godolphin bashing. I don't think Shiekh Mo is particularly good for the sport since he seems too into the breeding aspect these days and it is taking good horses off the track. I think Shiekh Hamdan actually does care about the sporting aspect. I just don't understand when you start bashing them while defending Coolmore at every turn. There is no difference between the two groups to me. If anything Coolmore is worse for the game sending horses like Holy Roman Emperor and Aussie Rules to stud early and healthy. At least Bernardini I could understand the urge to retire.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Saratoga

Quote:

I don't have the luxury of time to sit here and argue about this all day, but a few points.

Who are you talking about here? you mentioned Hinterland and The geezer..... they're both fine. I wish I had the time to find your post but i don't.

They are damned either way..... they're accused of horses falling into the big blue hole and of running them into the ground?

One more thing... if you're gonna insult me go ahead and do it here instead of in pm's.

Again you're being condescending to me in particular..... why is that? I never claim to be an expert of any kind. I detest it when people do that crap. All I have are my opinions and my opinion is that YOU are wrong here.

edit - sorry my screen froze and i didn't think that other post went through.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:46 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
I don't have a problem with Godolphin bashing. I don't think Shiekh Mo is particularly good for the sport since he seems too into the breeding aspect these days and it is taking good horses off the track. I think Shiekh Hamdan actually does care about the sporting aspect. I just don't understand when you start bashing them while defending Coolmore at every turn. There is no difference between the two groups to me. If anything Coolmore is worse for the game sending horses like Holy Roman Emperor and Aussie Rules to stud early and healthy. At least Bernardini I could understand the urge to retire.
I wouldn't say i have been defending Coolmore. I have just said that they don't go out buying people's horses just buying up the competition, and they run a very good business. They don't play the childish games that Godolphin/Darley have been doing. Coolmore must have been laughing when they decalred they weren't going to buy their stallion's progeny. They make their money anyway.

I was annoyed with Holy Roman Emperor, too, but after a while i realised that if they wanted to have a really successful year, they needed a good Danehill to be standing, and it was just very unlucky that it was a 2yo that was the next best Danehill they had after GW. I don't like the fact they retire good horses early, but we have to remember that almost all the big organisation race to breed these days, as there is far more money in doing things that way.

Racing is a business now, just like most sports. Coolmore (although i don't agree with what they do now and again) can run a good business and they usually only rely on their own horses (either home breds or yearling buys) rather than Godolphin that seem to have to buy everyone elses horses and they still can't compete.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
No, those two are fine, but they have become nags since they were at Godolphin. How can a horse like Hinterland (who looked like he was going to be a nice horse) all of a sudden just seemingly lose most of his ability. The same with The Geezer.

Imperial Stride and Vista Bella were injured soon after they arrived at Godolphin.
Many horses seem to have potential and don't go far.... I liked Hinterland and he's been a disappointment but I don't blame anyone for that.

The Geezer? Again I like him very much but c'mon..... wasn't he a bit past his prime when they bought him?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Saratoga

Quote:

What i don't understand is that when a sheikh or arab buys one of your nice horses, Premium Tap for instance...... you all go mad about it.
I didn't.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:52 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
I don't have the luxury of time to sit here and argue about this all day, but a few points.

Who are you talking about here? you mentioned Hinterland and The geezer..... they're both fine. I wish I had the time to find your post but i don't.

They are damned either way..... they're accused of horses falling into the big blue hole and of running them into the ground?

One more thing... if you're gonna insult me go ahead and do it here instead of in pm's.

Again you're being condescending to me in particular..... why is that? I never claim to be an expert of any kind. I detest it when people do that crap. All I have are my opinions and my opinion is that YOU are wrong here.

edit - sorry my screen froze and i didn't think that other post went through.
Well, i apologise, but as i have said before i'm 99% sure i have been giving out factual information.

Nearly all of the horses Godolphin buy end up injured or half as good as they were before they were transferred to them. You cannot say it is bad luck, because it happens to nearly all of them.

I get so annoyed when i read they have bought another one or a horse has been transferred to Godolphin. I'm not sure how true it is, but i have heard Silkwood will be going to Godolphin at the end of the season, which (if true) will be very depressing.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I wouldn't say i have been defending Coolmore. I have just said that they don't go out buying people's horses just buying up the competition, and they run a very good business. They don't play the childish games that Godolphin/Darley have been doing. Coolmore must have been laughing when they decalred they weren't going to buy their stallion's progeny. They make their money anyway.

I was annoyed with Holy Roman Emperor, too, but after a while i realised that if they wanted to have a really successful year, they needed a good Danehill to be standing, and it was just very unlucky that it was a 2yo that was the next best Danehill they had after GW. I don't like the fact they retire good horses early, but we have to remember that almost all the big organisation race to breed these days, as there is far more money in doing things that way.

Racing is a business now, just like most sports. Coolmore (although i don't agree with what they do now and again) can run a good business and they usually only rely on their own horses (either home breds or yearling buys) rather than Godolphin that seem to have to buy everyone elses horses and they still can't compete.
I guess you really have no clue how pro-Coolmore you come off. No point in arguing it further.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:55 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
I didn't.
I meant in general.

I do not see the difference between that and this though. Many of you guys were disgusted about what happened with Premium Tap with the sale etc, but i can't be annoyed when Godolphin buy a number of good horses over here?

Anyway, it doesn't matter now.

As far as i'm concerned i know the truth, and i suppose that is all that matters now.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
As far as i'm concerned i know the truth, and i suppose that is all that matters now.
Jesus do you have any clue how pompous and ridiculous that sounds?????

Feel like i need to kneel down now and kiss your ring or something.

You can pontificate all you like..... it doesn't make you right.