Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2018, 05:44 PM
Washington Park

Default Belmont Park Egg Salad

I remember years ago at Belmont Park and when I drove 3 1/2 hours to get there, the first thing I wanted was an Egg Salad Sandwich from the ladies up on the 2nd floor. They were so good. Think Harry Stevens was the concession. Those sandwiches were so good.

They were so good. On a Kaiser Roll, wrapped in Saran Wrap. but so good. Always made that morning. Think they were $2.

Back then you'd see cars on fire on the Belt Parkway. It was worriesome. I'd get to the track and have a beer, a shot and an Egg Salad Sandwich. Then I'd be in the wonderful world that is Belmont Park.

People don't appreciate how nice that place is. It's a grand place. If you haven't been there, go there.

Don't have the Egg Salad Sanwiches anymore, but still a great accomplishment in US racing. A 1 1/2 mile track.

Before they change it, go there. Go to Aqueduct too. I used to go to Hollywood Park a lot. I have great memories of that place. Aqueduct is a very nice place. I used to go there for the Derby preps and Wood every year. It is a brilliantly designed racetrack.