Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Del Mar

Default Fair Grounds - All Stakes PK 4

Fair Grounds - All Stakes PK 4

Race 6 - G3 Mineshaft

#4 Patriot Act - Has failed twice as the fav during this meet, but gets the pace to his liking here.

#7 Welcome Again - Frankel sends out the lightly raced 5yr Gelding after top # last month.

#5 Master Command - Looms large coming off 5 wide effort in the G1 Clark at CD. Back Class.

#3 Well Said - Making 3rd start off a layoff and has two nice efforts in New Orleans this meet.

#2 Purim - G2 winner on the dirt will be a factor on dirt/turf.

#1 Sandburr - The 8yr Gelding takes a big step up in class after winning 5 of last 9 starts.

Race 7 - G3 Fair Grounds BC Turf

#4 Fort Prado - Won last year's running at Louisiana Downs and the extra furlong will help here.

#10 Devilment - Pierce winning at a 31% clip at the meet and this front runner is 2 for 2 since switching to the lawn.

Race 8 - G3 Silverbulletday

#6 Get Ready Bertie - Easily the best in the Tiffany Lass as the fav and prior to that was a very respectable 2nd in the G2 Demoisel to top 3yr filly Boca Grande (Shug). Proven going two turns which is more than you can say about most of the gals here.

Race 9 - G3 Risen Star

#8 IMAWILDANDCRAZYGUY - Trainer Bill Kaplan won the Sunshine Millions Dash with Storm in May and he sent out Drums of Thunder, who ran huge last weekend in a 2nd place effort to Nobiz Like Shobiz. The Gelding has an almost identical running line to Drums of Thunder and with many here stretching out for the 1st time it will guarantee a hot pace for his late running style. I don't think you will get the 15-1 ML, but anything over 10-1 would be generous.

#4 Izzie's Halo - Has faced top competition and has the talent to make some noise here.

#10 Zanjero - Improving colt for Asmussen, 2nd to Nobiz Like Shobiz in the G2 Remsen and it training very well at the FG.

#5 Circular Quay - Never worse than 2nd, but G1 Hopeful winner is showing some very slow works on the Hollywood Park cushion track?

The Play - PK4 - ALL with 4 10 with 6 with 4 5 8 10 = $48 for a buck play

Good Racing Luck

Last edited by Bogey : 02-10-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Havre de Grace

Bogey, I'm with you on I'mawildandcrazyguy and like Circular Quay also and am hoping the pace will suit them as they appear to be the only two that will want to run late. On Circular Quay's works. He had three fair works followed by two that were poor. Do you think those last two might be maintenance works?
Old 02-10-2007, 11:19 AM
pilotgya

Purim scratched from the FG BC Turf Handicap
Old 02-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal828
Bogey, I'm with you on I'mawildandcrazyguy and like Circular Quay also and am hoping the pace will suit them as they appear to be the only two that will want to run late. On Circular Quay's works. He had three fair works followed by two that were poor. Do you think those last two might be maintenance works?
Cal, Biancone beats to a different drum and he's very difficult to figure out sometimes. I don't know what exactly to make of those last two works. I guess we'll find out after the race.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Del Mar

Take notice: the track is souped up. Master Command sets stakes record.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:16 PM
stiffmirof

I like the #10 Zanjero in the 9th. going $50 win on 10