Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-04-2023, 05:57 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Twitter is buzzing with rumors that another scratch may be on the way. I hope not.
Well…who?!
Old 05-04-2023, 06:33 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
Well…who?!
Forte is seemingly under scrutiny and will be closely watched by the regulatory vets tomorrow and Saturday.
Old 05-04-2023, 08:05 PM
Steve Byk

CONTINUAR (JPN) TO SCRATCH FROM KENTUCKY DERBY 149

Final Also-Eligible King Russell Draws Into Field

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Thursday, May 4, 2023) – Lion Horse Race Co. Ltd.’s Continuar (JPN) will reportedly be scratched from this year’s Kentucky Derby, according to trainer Yoshito Yahagi.

“After evaluating the colt upon my arrival, I feel that he has not been able to reach the peak fitness required to take on a race as tough as the Kentucky Derby,” Yahagi said. “Considering the future of the horse and the fact that we cannot show the horse’s true ability in his current state, we have decided to scratch Continuar from the Kentucky Derby. I am very sorry that I cannot participate in the world’s number one horse racing festival, however I sincerely hope to return to the Derby in the future. I want to thank everyone who has supported Continuar and Yahagi Stable on this journey.”

Continuar qualified for the Kentucky Derby through the Japan Road to the Kentucky Derby point series where he received an invitation to compete in the Run for the Roses.

With the defection of Continuar, Brereton Jones and Naber Racing’s King Russell will draw into the field and break from the outside post 20 but program number 23 will remain the same.

Scratch time for Kentucky Derby 149 is Friday at 9 a.m. ET.
Old 05-05-2023, 03:14 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Forte is seemingly under scrutiny and will be closely watched by the regulatory vets tomorrow and Saturday.
Thanks!

This is something else…
Old 05-05-2023, 07:23 AM
Santa Anita

Forte looks very good this morning.