Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Trip Notes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2014, 06:28 AM
The Curragh

Default Annawon

From Monmouth's 8th race, Saturday, July 5th.

This one is an enormous reach, when it comes to what will happen going forward, but it's an undeniable Horrendous trip, which isn't mentioned in the race notes. WHY I happened upon this horse on Saturday is another story, as he had been Jumping for the last year or so, with no success whatsoever. But, putting that aside, from memory (because I don't want to torture myself by watching it again), he checked multiple times, and might have even tried to jump something in the early part of the race
Does this 7 year old have anything left? I have no idea. But he had NO chance on Saturday with the trip he got.
I just noticed he was claimed out of the race, to add even more uncertainty for his next start.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
From Monmouth's 8th race, Saturday, July 5th.

This one is an enormous reach, when it comes to what will happen going forward, but it's an undeniable Horrendous trip, which isn't mentioned in the race notes. WHY I happened upon this horse on Saturday is another story, as he had been Jumping for the last year or so, with no success whatsoever. But, putting that aside, from memory (because I don't want to torture myself by watching it again), he checked multiple times, and might have even tried to jump something in the early part of the race
Does this 7 year old have anything left? I have no idea. But he had NO chance on Saturday with the trip he got.
I just noticed he was claimed out of the race, to add even more uncertainty for his next start.
claimed by linda gaudet, 1/10 '12,'13 0/5 turf Fisher is known well `and respected wou;dnot chase too hard but thanks for headsup. Think Fisher scored on 7/9 w/ a mike moran horse though w/ boyce up 7th race
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/insta...4-07-06&race=0

My horse to watch would be Jaxx Maxx 7/9, 11 post 5 wide stretch r11 , Bravo on 5 killed me on great ride, he hemmed in 2 aint got time who cintron came to ride, who also is worth a bet back

Blaise Pascal
Old 07-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Gulfstream Park

Must be something about trips at MTH lately...

July 6th Race 7 #2 Bat Cave got pinned to the rail and behind traffic, not one of Pimentel's finer moments as he barely rode the horse down the stretch. Not saying he would have won as the winner romped but I rated him as a big chance that day so it will be interesting to see him run back.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:26 PM
Gulfstream Park

Bat Cave coming up in the 14th at MTH, 20 minutes or so. But, Pimentel just gave Pirradazis a horror ride in the 13th so he really needs to redeem himself otherwise I'm done with him at MTH!
Old 08-08-2014, 02:50 PM
The Curragh

Annawon returns Sunday, race 6 at Monmouth, post 12, ML 12-1

SCRATCHED

Last edited by golfer : 08-10-2014 at 10:30 AM.