Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2018, 01:37 PM
Del Mar

Default Snedeker Shoots 59!

What an amazing round Brandt Snedeker had today. He shot 11 under, 59. And the course isn't even playing that easy. He has a 5 shot lead. He bogeyed the first hole too.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:57 PM
Hialeah Park

Great round for sure!

and good for you on Tiger coming back and playing that way in a major! Ive given you (and my brother) tons of flak for it in the past, for you guys thinking he would come back to his era of dominance again. Even though techincally im right, its still VERY good to see him come all the way back. he really is playing great lately and projects to do even better IFFFFF he could ever learn how the hell to get off the tee. Happy for you guys to have your crush back. The sport of golf is better off with him.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 08-20-2018, 03:46 PM
Del Mar

Did you guys see that CT Pan carried his own bag this week and came in 2nd place? He actually had the lead with 3 holes to go. But he double-bogeyed #18 and Brandt Snedeker birdied it. Pan's wife was caddying for him but the bag was too heavy for her, so he carried it himself. When asked about his wife caddying for him he said, "She doesn't help me much. She just needs to show up, keep up, and shut up, I guess." He was half-way joking.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pga-tour-...150302509.html
Old 08-21-2018, 06:45 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Great round for sure!

and good for you on Tiger coming back and playing that way in a major! Ive given you (and my brother) tons of flak for it in the past, for you guys thinking he would come back to his era of dominance again. Even though techincally im right, its still VERY good to see him come all the way back. he really is playing great lately and projects to do even better IFFFFF he could ever learn how the hell to get off the tee. Happy for you guys to have your crush back. The sport of golf is better off with him.
I don't remember saying he would dominate again. I did think he would be a top player again if he could get healthy. I think he is already a top player again. He is now ranked #28 in the world. I think he will win plenty of tournaments going forward including some majors if he can stay healthy. That is a big "if". He has been healthy for a few months but that doesn't mean it will last.

With regard to you calling Tiger my "crush", he was never one of my favorite players. I always thought he was the best player, by far. But that's a far cry from him being my favorite player or a guy that I rooted for. I actually do root for him now because it's exciting to see him compete at a high level again. I think it would be great to see him win again.