Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2017, 08:26 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff View Post
The bubble burst ..... gotta those Unbridled Song offspring wouldn't be surprised if it was his last race
Are you happy?
Old 07-22-2017, 08:28 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Are you happy?
Happy about what???? it was disappointing, but THAT'S HORSE RACING! You read too much into everyone's posts

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 07-22-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Happy about what???? it was disappointing, but THAT'S HORSE RACING! You read too much into everyone's posts
I was just asking. No biggie really.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:32 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
I was just asking. No biggie really.
Wish I had wagered in the place & show spots with everyone else! VERY surprised they offered show wagering

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 07-22-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Wish I had wagered in the place & show spots with everyone else! VERY surprised they offered show wagering
Some people on twitter say the fix was in. Ill never buy that. And some clown named Chip is arguing to Tammaro that Arrogate is not that good. Thats insane.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:34 PM
Oriental Park

I tell you what, this game will humble you on so many levels. Tests your fortitude all through the sport.

A month ago Baffert could do no wrong.....now, wont be shocked if loses tomorrow as well.

Makes you appreciate just how hard it is to always fire your best shot.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:41 PM
Hialeah Park

It was clear as day he wasn't winning as they were entering the far turn but it looked like Smith & Arrogate hit a brick WALL just as they straightened in the stretch. Hope he scopes clean and comes back firing like his old self in the Pac Classic.

Watching a few replays of his a couple of weeks ago after one of his works, I noticed that he might not have reeled in Chrome in the BCC last year if Smith didn't go to the right hand stick mid stretch. He definitely reacted well to that right stick and surged past CC, but without it, Im not too sure he gets past Chrome. Stands out in the replay, I watched the stretch run about 10 times that day.

Let's hope he returns to his champion ways and that Baffert is just cursed in the SD Hcp, because that was OOGLY.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 07-22-2017, 08:51 PM
Hialeah Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_WxcNirNDM
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 07-22-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
This is clutter.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:54 PM
Oriental Park

Even though the rest of the sequence was chalky, I was suprised the P4 only payed $425.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Even though the rest of the sequence was chalky, I was suprised the P4 only payed $425.
Seems a bit light. With the big fields surrounding the San Diego.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:02 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Seems a bit light. With the big fields surrounding the San Diego.
Trifecta seems light as well.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:25 PM
Saratoga

I would not get crazy here. The horse ran so bad it seemed like he may have been sick. I am sure they checked him top to bottom after the race. Seems to me something went wrong here.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:31 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Unlike the NY tracks, the California tracks always offer show wagering in 5-horse races, even with a huge favorite running.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:26 PM
Steve Byk

Arrogate will rebound in Pacific Classic, Baffert says
By Jay Privman

Arrogate will 'be ready for the Pacific Classic,' trainer Bob Baffert said Sunday.

DEL MAR, Calif. – The morning after Arrogate’s stunning loss in the San Diego Handicap, the worst performance of the brilliant colt’s career, trainer Bob Baffert said the horse had come out of the race well, and that he expected Arrogate to rebound in the Grade 1, $1 million Pacific Classic on Aug. 19, for which the San Diego is a prep.

“He looks good today. That’s the most important thing,” Baffert said Sunday morning. “He was flat. He didn’t run his race. We’ll re-load.

“He’ll be fine. He’ll be ready for the Pacific Classic.”

Baffert put the blame on himself for Arrogate’s performance, saying he hadn’t trained Arrogate aggressively enough. He also questioned his decision to not work Arrogate earlier in the week over Del Mar’s surface.

“I thought I had done enough to get him through,” Baffert said. “I’m disappointed he didn’t run well.”

Arrogate had been sympathetically weighted in the race, at 126 pounds. Baffert stopped by the racing office Sunday morning and joked with Tom Robbins, the track’s executive vice-president for racing, and David Jerkens, the racing secretary, that he “wish they’d given him 135, so I’d have that as an excuse.”

The complexion of the 1 1/4-mile Pacific Classic likely will change as a result of the San Diego, which Accelerate won by 8 1/2 lengths while earning a career-best Beyer Speed Figure of 109. Far more horses are now likely to run in the Pacific Classic now that Arrogate’s aura of invincibility – deservedly earned after fast, dynamic victories in the Travers, Breeders’ Cup Classic, Pegasus World Cup, and Dubai World Cup -- has been shattered.

The Pacific Classic is a dress rehearsal for this year’s Breeders’ Cup Classic, as this year’s Breeders’ Cup will be run at Del Mar on Nov. 3-4. The Pacific Classic also is a “Win and You’re In” race for the Breeders’ Cup Classic, offering a fees-paid berth to the Breeders’ Cup’s richest race.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:38 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar View Post
Unlike the NY tracks, the California tracks always offer show wagering in 5-horse races, even with a huge favorite running.
Hello! I like it.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:18 PM
Oriental Park

Finally we see a second class grass horse from the east coast ship in for a graded stake. I wish she had a running style more condusive for this race cause it looks like a lot of pace.

I think, depending on price, I will take the euro shipper. She has pace as well and should not be too far back and while I respect sircat sally she really did catch some soft fields and sweet pace setups at SA.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:07 PM
Oriental Park

Tremendous effort by the Clement horse who did all the work, a bit aggressive on the ride maybe.

Thought DVD had Sircat Sally too far back and out of her comfort zone.

Euro horse was just dead on board, I still bet her, oh well. Never could have had the winner.