Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Flemington

Sweetnorthernsaint is a possible for the Mile.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Saratoga

VOR update.....

http://racing.scmp.com/freeservice/n...s20070305b.asp
Old 03-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Saratoga

Stormello out... going to the Derby.

Proud Tower Too out..... a shame.

edit: Or maybe not!

http://www.drf.com/news/article/83075.html

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 03-09-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Saratoga

Viva pataca is out.....

Folk to the UAE Derby.....

Farewell, Blue on Blues. Rest in peace, good boy.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:31 AM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

What in the hell happened to Blue on Blues?
Old 03-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodwalker
What in the hell happened to Blue on Blues?
Oh God you know how he was entered on Thursday and scratched?

It was because he died.....

So sad.

Give me a minute... I'll find it.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Saratoga

'Real favourite' Blue On Blues dies

Tragedy struck Satish Seemar’s yard this week when one of his most popular horses in training Blue On Blues died.

The Argentine-bred performer made his debut for the Seemar operation in December 2005 and went on to win on four of his 12 starts for the leading UAE trainer.

His final victory was earned on his penultimate start last month, when he won a valuable handicap at the Dubai International Racing Carnival at Nad Al Sheba.

“It was devastating,” said Seemar. “He was a real favourite and it’s made everyone very sad. It was a suspected heart attack at the yard, and there was nothing we could do.

“He was so consistent, always gave his all, and was becoming a bit of favourite for the public too.”

The son of Lode had won three of his five starts this season and was due to run at tonight’s DIRC meeting.

That's three in one week with Tropical Star and Tudo Azul.....

Sad week.

Brazilian champion Tudo Azul euthanised

Tudo Azul, two-year-old male champion in Brazil for 2005-’06, who was purchased last season to race in Dubai for Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed Al Maktoum's Zabeel Stables, was euthanised last week after a long battle with an intestinal infection.

“The first 10 days after he arrived from the US where we purchased him, he arrived with pneumonia,” explained his trainer Satish Seemar.

“He was treated but then had a relapse with us when we were hardly training him, and he developed an intestinal infection and could not absorb any food.”

The three-year-old son of Boatman had joined Seemar's stable last fall after winning four of five starts in his native Brazil for owner Luis Felipe Brandao Dos Santos’s Stud Eternamente Rio.

Victories included the Grande Premio Associacao Brasileira dos Criadores e Proprietarios do Cavalo de Corrida (Brz-G1) in Rio de Janeiro and the Grande Premio Ipiranga (Brz-G1) (Brazilian Two Thousand Guineas), the first leg of Sao Paulo's Jockey Club Quadruple Crown series for three-year-old colts on the turf.

“Our plan was to nominate him for the UAE Derby - he would have been the perfect type for the Derby, unless, of course, he proved himself better on the turf,” added Seemar.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:52 AM
Saratoga

Press releases..... no author listed.....

Miesque’s Approval may be sold after Dubai race

Miesque’s Approval, who earned championship honors as the best male turf horse in America last year after winning the Breeders’ Cup Mile (Gr.1), is on target for the Dubai Duty Free (Gr.1), although subsequent plans for the eight-year-old horse are uncertain.

John Rasmussen, general manager of Charlotte Weber’s Live Oak Stud in Ocala, Florida, which bred and races Miesque’s Approval, said that despite speculation the horse would go on to race in the Champions Mile (Gr.1) on April 29 at Hong Kong’s Sha Tin Racecourse, there are no firm plans beyond the Dubai Duty Free.

“We take it one race at a time,” Rasmussen said. “We may retire him if there is some interest in buying him as a stallion.”

Current plans call for Miesque’s Approval, an earner of US$2,648,879, to race in the Live Oak colors in Dubai.

Mrs Weber is expected to attend the Dubai World Cup (Gr.1) program to watch Miesque’s Approval compete in the Dubai Duty Free, which, along with the Champions Mile, is part of the four-race Asian Mile Challenge series.

Rasmussen said that even if Miesque’s Approval is retired following the Dubai Duty Free, it seems unlikely that he will stand at stud in the United States, with chances far greater that he “will stand somewhere overseas.”

Miesque’s Approval is scheduled to breeze for trainer Marty Wolfson at Calder Race Course on Sunday morning, eight days prior to being shipped to Dubai.

Premium Tap, winner of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Cup (King’s Cup) in his first start for Saudi Arabian King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz and his sons, is set to work this weekend in Saudi Arabia, American-based trainer John Kimmel indicated.

Both Kimmel and jockey Kent Desormeaux plan to fly back to Saudi Arabia for the five-year-old Pleasant Tap horse’s final major Dubai World Cup (Gr.1) workout, which is slated for March 18.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Saratoga

Pompeii Ruler to the Duty Free, Tawqeet to the Sheema Classic.....

Lava man.....

http://www.drf.com/news/article/83183.html
Old 03-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Saratoga

Sweetnorthernsaint out of the Godolphin Mile.....

Obrigado to the Sheema Classic...

Harvard Ave. to the Golden Shaheen... Spring at last to the Godolphin Mile.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Sweetnorthernsaint out of the Godolphin Mile.....

Obrigado to the Sheema Classic...

Harvard Ave. to the Golden Shaheen... Spring at last to the Godolphin Mile.
Obrigado!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
Obrigado!
Here... the press release...

Obrigado joins cast for Dubai Sheema Classic

French-bred Obrigado, who scored the most significant win of his career in the San Luis Obispo Handicap (Gr.2) at Santa Anita Park on February 25, is poised make his next start in the Dubai Sheema Classic (Gr.1).

Trainer Neil Drysdale confirmed on Monday that the four-year-old son of Enrique will be sent to Dubai for the US$5-million race at 2,400 meters. The distance should be no problem for Obrigado, who won the San Luis Obispo going a comparable route.

“I like the way he ran the other day going 1 ½ miles,” Drysdale said.

“We’ve never traveled him before, but I think he’ll take the trip (to Dubai) well,” he added. “He’s a gelding and he’s quite sensible.”

After beginning his career in France, where he won three of seven races, Obrigado was sent to the United States last year and now races for Peter Vegso, publisher of the Chicken Soup series of inspirational books, and Gary Seidler.

Obrigado showed immediately that he could be a more than competent turf performer in the U.S., finishing third in his first start, the Will Rogers Stakes (Gr.3), and later winning a division of the Oceanside Stakes at Del Mar.

In his next three races, he reeled off a string of frustrating but profitable seconds in the Del Mar Derby (Gr.2), Oak Tree Derby (Gr.2) and the Hollywood Derby (Gr.1).

While Obrigado obviously has found his best stride and seems to be improving, Drysdale conceded that he will be a long shot in the competitive Dubai Sheema Classic, which he said is shaping up as “a very strong race” with the likes of Epsom Derby (Gr.1) winner Sir Percy and Breeders’ Cup Turf (Gr.1) winner Red Rocks.

Drysdale sent Obrigado out for a six-furlong drill on Sunday over the Santa Anita turf course, and the gelding was timed in 1:18.20, which Drysdale indicated was just what he wanted.

(UAE - no author listed)
Old 03-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Saratoga

Don't cry for me, Argentina..... Storm Mayor to the Cup, Bartola to the UAE Derby,,,,,
Old 03-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Saratoga

On Tawqeet. Looks like he's out.....

http://www.thoroughbrednews.co.nz/sp...cing/?id=28422
Old 03-19-2007, 01:33 AM
beertapper

does anyone know when the fields will be set for the cup races ?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Randwyck

Default Tawqeet out

CAULFIELD Cup winner Tawqeet will miss Saturday week's $6.4 million Sheema Classic in Dubai because of an off foreleg tendon injury.
Trainer David Hayes last night all but conceded the trip to Dubai was off after Tawqeet developed heat and slight swelling in the foreleg. "It's a fait accompli really. We'll make a final decision in the morning after looking at scans, but it is very unlikely," Hayes said.
"You can't travel and go into world-class mile and a half races without working them.
"We've spoken to the Sheik (owner Sheik Hamdan) and he said to wait until the morning for a final decision, but I'm expecting to be calling him to say he isn't coming."
A frustrated Hayes said a decision on Tawqeet's spring campaign would be made in three or four days.
"Everything was dead right. We had done the right thing giving him just two runs here," he said.
Tawqeet was due to gallop at Moonee Valley yesterday morning in his final hitout before leaving for Dubai today.
Trainer Mick Price said Dubai Duty Free runner Pompeii Ruler had galloped well on Saturday morning and would leave for Dubai today.
"He worked super on Saturday," Price said.
He said the absence of Tawqeet as a travelling companion would not faze Pompeii Ruler.
"He's a quiet gelding with no vices. You would like a travelling companion, but I don't think it will worry him," Price said.
THE Kilmore meeting on Saturday and the Elmore Cup meeting at Bendigo on Saturday week have been transferred to Echuca because of the drought.
ROBERT Smerdon says the weights, to be released today, will decide whether he starts in-form stayer Hofmeister in Friday's Albury Cup (2000m).
Smerdon said he would prefer to run in the race as Damien Oliver would ride, but his other option for Hofmeister is the $100,000 Manion Cup (2000m) at Rosehill on Saturday.
JOURNEYMAN jockey Terry Barry had a career-best day at Mildura yesterday, riding five consecutive winners. Barry rode the winners of races two to six: Diditformum, Piangil Gem, Day At The Races, Sassy Senorita and Merlins Express.
BRETT Prebble continued his stellar Hong Kong season by winning the Hong Kong Derby on the Paul O'Sullivan-trained Vital King on Sunday.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Randwyck

Yeah for so many to be nominated, it is very dissapointing,plus all they needed to do was race twice & dubai would have paid transport fees
Old 03-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by beertapper
does anyone know when the fields will be set for the cup races ?
Not sure..... sorry!

Red Evie is out.....