Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Saratoga

Default Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races

December 10th, one of the greatest days of racing.....

World stars of the Turf to grace Cathay Pacific HKIR 2006
22 November 2006
(Hong Kong Jockey Club Press release - no author listed)

The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races 2006 will draw several of the biggest names in world racing to Sha Tin on December 10.

Hong Kong's premier sporting event numbers 33 international entries, including 18 individual international Gr.1 winners of a combined 39 Gr.1 races from nine countries outside Hong Kong. This year the four international Gr.1 races are worth a record HK$62m (approx. US$8m) in stakes.

"We are very much looking forward to our most important meeting, the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races. We feel that the quality and global diversity of the fields is such that Sha Tin will stage the Turf World Championships on the second Sunday in December and we guarantee a unique day of world class racing entertainment that just cannot be missed," said Mr Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges, the Hong Kong Jockey Club's Executive Director of Racing.

The Major Players

Ouija Board - The first dual winner of both the Cartier European Horse of the Year award and Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf. Hong Kong race fans will witness the final start of a brilliant career that has yielded seven Gr.1 successes.
Pride - The world's top-ranked mare having easily won the Champion Stakes after an unlucky second in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe. She too will retire after her second CXHK Cup attempt.
Takeover Target - The world's top-ranked sprinter on turf is already successful in the Global Sprint Challenge and chases a US$1m bonus with victory in the CXHK Sprint.
Mandesha - Europe's Champion 3yo Filly this season after an impressive trio of consecutive Gr.1 victories.
Bullish Luck - Hong Kong's Horse of the Year and champion miler in the Asian Racing Federation having won two legs of the Asian Mile Challenge last term.
Vengeance Of Rain - Defending Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup champion and winner of the 2005 World Racing Championship.
Alexander Goldrun - Five-time Gr.1 scorer whose finest hour came with a narrow win in the Cup two years ago.
Song Of Wind - Classic winner in Japan this season - his St Leger triumph last month denied Meisho Samson the Triple Crown.

The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Vase

Gr.1 - 2400m - HK$14m (US$1.8m)

This is truly a World Championship event: horses from six turf authorities are led by a truly amazing mare that has won a European Horse of the Year crown, Breeders' Cup and a Classic not just once - she has done the lot twice. Next we have four Classic winners of St Legers in England, Ireland and Japan. It's worth noting that France and Britain have dominated the Vase with five wins apiece.

Preparing for what is scheduled to be the final start of a phenomenal career (and her third run in Hong Kong in 12 months), superstar mare OuijaBoard returns to the scene of her very dominant success in 2005. She has managed to raise her game even higher this season and last week was voted Europe's Horse of the Year for a second time - the first horse to do so. Dual Breeders' Cup winners are extremely rare and with seven career Gr.1 victories, she fully deserves her place in the pantheon of the great mares. Ouija Board runs in the Japan Cup this weekend.

Runner-up in last year's Irish Derby and winner of the St Leger at Doncaster and the Grand Prix de Paris, the Aidan O'Brien-trained Scorpion is genuine Classic performer. He is bidding for a first win in Hong Kong for the world famous Ballydoyle stable.

Shamdalaran fourth in this race last season but has improved this term to lift the Gr.1 Gran Premio di Milano, while the Aga Khan's other Vase runner, Kastoria, trained in Ireland by John Oxx, goes from strength to strength and ran out a convincing winner of the Irish St Leger in September.

The remarkable, globetrotting Collier Hill triumphed in the previous edition of the Irish St Leger and clashed with Kastoria last month in Toronto and came out on top in the Canadian International, his second success at the highest grade.

Stay Gold scored Japan's only victory in this event in 2001, although Six Sense, a 3yo, did best of the rest last year behind the mighty Ouija Board. The world has witnessed the vigour of Japanese horses in many of the world's best staying races in 2006 and therefore we are entitled to expect bold runs from two of the country's top three-year-olds: Song Of Wind, winner of the Japanese St Leger last time, and Admire Main, third on the latter occasion and previously the runner-up in the Japanese Derby.

Like Ouija Board, the French mare Freedonia contests this Sunday's Japan Cup and her best run this season earned a Gr.2 prize at Deauville, although she had no luck in the Prix Vermeille against Cup runner Mandesha. Connections recently cast the net wider in search of a breakthrough Gr.1 when she ran second in the Joe Hirsch Invitational at Belmont Park.

Egerton, from Germany,has top class form over 2400m. He has finished runner-up in his country's most prestigious race, the Gr.1 Grosser Preis von Baden, and recently filled the same position in the Gr.1 Preis von Europa. He also won at Gr.2 level over 2200m in July.

Only once in 12 years has a Hong Kong horse lifted the Vase and given the strength of the opposition, the odds appear stacked against the home team. The in-form Saturn, a course and distance winner in the Queen Mother Memorial Cup at Gr.3 level, leads the way, while Syllabus' rise though the local ranks is rewarded with a first international position.

The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Sprint

Gr.1 - 1200m - HK$12m (US$1.53m)

For the first time, the distance of the Sprint increases to 1200m. This bold initiative is rewarded with the fastest horses from five countries, including five Gr.1 winners, accepting invitations for the finale of the Global Sprint Challenge. Hong Kong has dominated the Sprint in recent years but, with an evenly balanced field of seven home-based runners against as many from abroad, this is perhaps the best chance for an overseas victory since Falvelon succeeded for Australia in 2000 and 2001.

The world's top-ranked turf sprinter, Takeover Target is just one win from an impossible dream. To just take part in four Gr.1 sprints in three continents in a year is an achievement in itself. But to win in three continents and be on the verge of a US$1m bonus is nothing short of phenomenal. Joe Janiak¡¦s speed machine has settled in well at Sha Tin and will be in tip-top order for the big race, his sixth appearance in the seven Global Sprint Challenge legs.

Red Oog is another strong challenger from Australia - he has won two Gr.1 races in a most competitive sprint environment and he will be a first runner in Hong Kong for Joe Pride, a protege of Hong Kong's champion trainer, John Size.

British-trained runners have failed to finish better than fourth in this event and Desert Lord, Benbaun and Red Clubs are charged with setting that record straight in 2006. Desert Lord won Europe¡¦s most prestigious sprint, the Prix de l¡¦Abbaye, in October on the same day as the consistent Benbaun finished fifth in the Sprinters' Stakes in Japan.

The Barry Hills-trained Red Clubs scored in the Gr.2 Diadem Stakes at Ascot in September. Now the three-year-old will use the CXHK Sprint as a platform to what appears as a bright future in Europe's best sprints.

The American Fast Parade is another very speedy young gun. He recently won the Nearctic Stakes (Gr.2-1200m) and previously set a track record at Del Mar. Fast Parade seeks to go one better than his compatriot Morluc, twice edged out in this race in 2000 and 2001.

Silent Witness (twice) and Natural Blitz have kept this race at home for the past three years. The former is not the unbeatable force he once was, but still commands plenty of respect. Natural Blitz, on the other hand, will have to transfer his excellent short-course form to the new distance of 1200m.

The remainder of the Hong Kong challenge is potent, to say the least. Scintillation has contested the last two editions of the CXHK Mile but he is also a Gr.1 winning sprinter and made a satisfactory reappearance in the CX International Sprint Trial won by Able Prince, third in this race 12 months ago. Able Prince is best fresh and will enter the Sprint after a relatively light preparation; trainer John Moore believes he is capable of further improvement.

Up-and-coming sprinter Down Town is the new kid on the block locally in this division and he delivered an excellent performance to get within a neck of Able Prince in the November 19 trial to fully merit his inclusion. He is expected to be better suited to six furlongs.

Top class sprinter-miler, Sunny Sing, a Gr.1 winner, completes the local speed contingent. Last year he carried off the Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Classic Mile but he also has abundant pace, proven by his success in the Gr.3 Sha Tin Sprint Trophy first up this campaign.

Japan sends two runners for the one CXHKIR race in Hong Kong it has yet to win. Leading the charge is She Is Tosho, the comfortable winner of the 5th leg of the Global Sprint Challenge, the Centaur Stakes, from Takeover Target. The other contender from across the East China Sea is MeishoBowler, runner-up in the Sprinters Stakes and twice a Pattern race winner over this distance in his homeland.

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 11-23-2006 at 01:00 AM.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:59 AM
Saratoga

Part 2.....

(Long, I know, but hey.....)

The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile

Gr.1 - 1600m - HK$16m (US$2m)

Asia's premier turf mile has attracted horsesfrom six jurisdictions and, reflecting local excellence in this division is the only international race where Hong Kong horses outweigh overseas opposition. The mile is the benchmark of racing excellence in Asia and Bullish Luck, the Asian Mile Challenge champion, headlines the field.

Bullish Luck is the top-ranked member of the field thanks to his memorable double in the Asian Mile Challenge earlier in the year when he won the Champions Mile and the Yasuda Kinen in such devastating fashion. He was unlucky not to win the CXHK Cup in 2004 and ran fourth in this race last season.

Highest-rated of the foreign raiders is Ramonti from Italy, who has never been out of the quinella in his homeland and numbers the Gr.1 Premio Vittorio di Capua among his conquests. Ex-Italian champions such as Falbrav and Rakti have performed very well at this meeting in recent times and this is Ramonti's opportunity to match those feats.

Two of America's best turf milers will also take chance. Becrux (who also began his career in Italy) is now based in California and in September travelled to Toronto to lift the Gr.1 Woodbine Mile (formerly the Atto Mile) by a neck from Rebel Rebel, another ex-European and the 2000 Guineas runner-up last year.

Mustameet represents Ireland in the form of his life having picked up a very impressive five black-type races in 2006, reflecting veteran trainer Kevin Prendergast's best season for many a year.

Meanwhile Satchem will try to emulate Firebreak, Godolphin's CXHK Mile winner of 2004. The consistent Satchem has not finished out of the frame in his last five runs, picking up a Gr.3 along the way.

Japan's finest female miler, Dance In The Mood has rediscovered the form that won her the Japanese 1000 Guineas two years ago. She contested the CXHK Cup in 2004, but now back to her pet distance and more mature and stronger, this year she has collected the Gr.1 Victoria Mile and a Gr.3 in California. Last weekend she proved her wellbeing with second, beaten a neck, in the Mile Championship.

Many in Hong Kong believe Armada can give champion trainer John Size his first success at this meeting. The five-year-old, who has risen to every challenge asked of him, was the Most Improved Horse last term and his ascent through the ranks reached new heights last weekend with a stylish win in the CX International Mile Trial from a number of rivals he will meet again in December.

Russian Pearl and Joyful Winner are proven Gr.1 performers at home and abroad and will be joined by The Duke and Bowman's Crossing, two perennials at this meeting. The Duke has finished second and third in the last two editions of the Mile and the evergreen Bowman's Crossing was runner-up in 2003.

Finally, the progressive Floral Pegasus and Sir Ernesto proved they are worthy of their places in this company with a courageous third and fourth respectively in the CX International Mile Trial on Sunday last.

The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup

Gr.1 - 2000m - HK$20m (US$2.56m)

The world's richest turf race over 2000m. It features competitors from five racing jurisdictions - including the last two winners - and matches some of the world's finest fillies and mares against the best males from the Asian Racing Federation.

Pride, the highest-rated runner at the meeting, seeks to go one better in this race having finishing second to Vengeance Of Rain last year. The brilliant French-trained mare will arrive in Hong Kong in even better form than 12 months ago after a resounding Champion Stakes success following a luckless second in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe.

Vengeance Of Rain is unbeaten in five starts at this course and distance and he has returned as good as ever after a lengthy lay-off this year. No horse has ever won Hong Kong's richest race twice but connections believe last yearˇ¦s world champion will be peaking for the assignment after two very encouraging preps.

Alexander Goldrun makes her third and final journey to Hong Kong. She won this race for Ireland in 2004 but had no luck in running last season. This year she has maintained her high standards and won the Gr.1 Pretty Polly Stakes among a series of top class performances.

Voted the best three-year-old filly in Europe at the Cartier Awards last week following three consecutive Gr.1 wins, Mandeshais a stable companion of Pride. Her most recent victory in the Prix de l'Opera lowered the Longchamp course record for 2000m and she bids to give her owner, the Aga Khan, a first winner in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong's chances of keeping the prize at home are by no means limited to Vengeance Of Rain because the excellent duo of Hello Pretty and Viva Pataca will also take plenty of beating. The former could not have been more impressive taking out the CX International Cup Trial ten days ago and trainer Tony Cruz is expecting even further improvement. However, the same certainly applies to Viva Pataca, the outstanding winner of the Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Derby in March whose campaign has been tailored towards the Cup.

After ten years at the top in Hong Kong, trainer David Hayes knows what it takes to win international races at Sha Tin and Growl will be his first runner at this meeting since returning to Australia. Growl has made sensational progress since making his debut earlier this year and has won a Gr.2 and took second place in the Gr.1 Mackinnon Stakes on his last start.

Japan last won this race in 2001 with Agnes Digital and the country is very strongly represented this year with three runners. Admire Moon has won four Group races and is considered one of the very best Japanese three-year-olds; Swift Current is in career-best form after an excellent second in the Tenno Sho recently and is preparing for this weekend's Japan Cup. Meanwhile, DiaDe La Novia was placed in last year's Oaks and continues to figure prominently at the highest level and also runs in the Japan Cup this Sunday.

French hopes for a second CXHK Cup success rest not just with Pride, but also SatwaQueen and Musical Way. The former is a Gr.2 and Gr.3 winner who ran a close second to Mandesha in the Prix de l'Opera. The latter won the Gr.3 Coupe de Maisons-Laffitte prior to her third-placed effort in the Gr.1 Lydia Tesio last month.

Hong Kong runners High Intelligent, trained by champion John Size, and Art Trader, trained by John Moore, complete the Cup line-up.

Declarations for The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races are on Thursday, December 7, the same day as the barrier draw in the Sha Tin parade ring.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Saratoga

Mandesha ruled out.....
Old 11-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Saratoga

Freedonia and Swift Current withdrawn.....
Old 11-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Saratoga

On Takeover Target.....
http://racing.scmp.com/freeservice/n...ws20061128.asp

and Vengeance of Rain.....
http://racing.scmp.com/freeservice/n...s20061129b.asp
Old 11-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Saratoga

Syllabus and Becrux withdrawn, Linngari to the Mile, Dettori gets the mount on Satwa Queen in the Vase.....
Old 11-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Santa Anita

Coral has odds on the Vase

Ouija Board 7/4
Song Of Wind 4/1
Admire Main 11/2
Scorpion 7/1
Maraahel 8/1
Collier Hill 10/1
Kastoria 10/1
Shamdala 20/1
Egerton 25/1
Saturn 66/1
Syllabus 66/1

and the Cup

Pride 9/4
Vengeance Of Rain 10/3
Hello Pretty 11/2
Admire Moon 7/1
Alexander Goldrun 7/1
Satwa Queen 10/1
Viva Pataca 11/1
Growl 14/1
Diade La Novia 25/1
Musical Way 50/1
Art Trader 66/1
High Intelligent 66/1

If you feel that the two best fillies in the world will win their respective races, a Ouija / Pride double is just under 8-1!!

#Grand
Old 11-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Saratoga

Be interesting to see the odds for the Mile.

Schofield gets the mount on Linngari.....
Old 11-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Saratoga

Click on "details" for replays.....

http://www.cxhkir.com/english/hkir20...6_show_nof.asp
Old 12-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Saratoga

The arrivals!

http://www.hkjc.com/english/news/news_2006120114662.htm
Old 12-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Saratoga

Seamus Heffernan gets the mount on Scorpion.....
Old 12-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Saratoga

Another bad day for Godolphin..... Satchem injured this morning in Dubai.

Dave's Best now in.....

Pride has arrived.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Saratoga

Hey repent...

If the Sprint is around a turn for the first time, who does that help / hurt?

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Hey repent...

If the Sprint is around a turn for the first time, who does that help / hurt?

Thanks.

thats the most interesting part of the card imo.
good question.
Will have to look at the pps to see who really wants 6f first, then try and gauge who wants(or has experience) around a turn.
my first thought is that it gives NAmerican horses like Fast Parade an advantage.

I have seen Takeover Target win at 1200 and around a turn in Japan,
so we know he is capable.
of the Australians,
I know I saw Red Oog settle and win around a turn in a Group 1 earlier this year.
I think it was at 1200.

and Scintillation has won at 1600 at Sha Tin,
so this distance should not be a problem.

one website(you may already know of this) that I will be studying over the next week is:
http://www.cxhkir.com/english/hkir20..._horseform.asp

has basic finish order, but most importantly, it has video of the contenders previous races.

Repent
Old 12-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Saratoga

Yeah, I check that site daily. Trackwork video should be up soon but for now... trackwork notes.

Appreciate your thoughts on the Sprint.

Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races 2006
Tracknotes - Monday, December 4

The international challengers were out in numbers on the all weather track at Sha Tin on a sunny Monday morning ahead of next Sunday's HK$62million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races extravaganza.

Amongst the first out on the track was the Ed Dunlop-trained Ouija Board, who makes her final racecourse appearance in the Vase, and is seeking to add an eighth Gr.1 victory. She put in no more than a routine canter under her regular rider Jason Tate, but looked to be in great shape as usual, despite her arduous 2006 campaign.

Robin Trevor-Jones, Ed Dunlop's assistant, who has been with her every step of the way, reported her in good form after her courageous third place finish to Japanese champion Deep Impact in the Japan Cup just eight days ago. "She's travelled well from Japan, and seems to have come out of that race well. She's where we want her, and I'm happy with everything here. What more can you say about her - she's just amazing."

The highly regarded European mare, the Alain de Royer-Dupre trained Pride, who has also enjoyed a great season in Europe with Gr.1 victories in the Grand Prix de Paris over Hurricane Run and the Champion Stakes at Newmarket, as well as finishing runner up in the Arc ahead of Deep Impact, was also out on the all weather track. She put in a solid canter and looked very well, although showing signs of starting to grow her winter coat, just as she did last year when runner up in the CXHK Cup, the race in which she attempts to go one better in this year.

Cup rival Admire Moon, one of Japan's best three-year-olds this season, cantered quietly on the dirt to the satisfaction of head lad, Tsuyoshi Matsuda. "He had no problem with his first time flight and he is very relaxed. It's a good sign for him," he said.

Another European horse to catch the eye was the Aidan O'Brien-trained Scorpion (CXHK Vase) who comes to Hong Kong following his fifth place finish in the Breeders' Cup Turf, in what was only his second start of the season following a long lay off through injury. Scorpion moved well in a steady canter on the all weather track, and travelling head lad Pat Keating reported everything was well with his charge. "He's travelled well, and he's settled well here. He was maybe a little fresh in his last race, and he can come on again from that run here," Keating said.

Just one of Japan's Vase hopes, Admire Main, came onto the dirt under his regular exercise rider Yuta Komiyama, who later said: "He is full of energy, he is in great form. He travelled over smoothly and is eating up well. No problems at all."

Both the Aga Khan's runners in the Vase –Kastoria, trained in Ireland by John Oxx, and Shamdala, the care of Alain de Royer-Dupre in France – pleased connections with a light limber on the dirt. Rival runners Collier Hill (Alan Swinbank, Britain) and Egerton (Peter Rau, Germany) also performed low-tempo canters with the work schedule set to increase later in the week.

CXHK Mile favourite Armada is "doing everything right" according to jockey Douglas Whyte. Asked whether there were any chinks in the armour of Armada who boasts seven wins from eight starts, Whyte replied with a terse "not really."

"Track conditions, barrier draw, nothing really matters with this horse. He makes his own luck and I'm very happy to be on him...and I can tell you I am fired up to win one of these big races," he added.

The CXHK Mile challenger from the USA, the Richard Dutrow-trained Rebel Rebel was on his toes as he put in a regulation canter on the all weather, looking in great physical shape ahead of Sunday's challenge.

Just flown in from Italy, Ramonti cantered on the all-weather under Endo Botti, his jockey in the CXHK Mile.

"He worked at Pisa Racecourse before we came out here and we are happy with how he has travelled and settled in. We will go easily with him until Friday when he works a bit stronger on the turf," said co-trainer Giuseppe Botti.

The Ramonti camp was interested in which of the local horses may end up taking on their front-running star on Sunday with Sir Ernesto's trainer Derek Cruz keen to lead if the Italian wishes to hand up. Floral Pegasus and The Duke are others with potential to lead or at least race to the fore.

Cruz said Sir Ernesto would gallop on Tuesday morning as he finalizes his big-race preparation.

Star Australian sprinter Takeover Target worked steadily on the all-weather track under the watchful eye of his trainer Joe Janiak sporting his 'Queanbeyan Conqueror' cap - a reference to his hometown just outside Canberra.

"I'm pleased with him. He's done very well since we've been in Hong Kong. He wasn't quite right when we had him in England, in fact he looked shocking, didn't really acclimatise... but he blossomed in Japan and he's looking good here," Janiak said.

Takeover Target will have his final serious gallop on Wednesday morning, on the course proper, with jockey Jay Ford aboard. "One more good hit-out is all he needs," Janiak said of the horse who was bought for just $Aus1250 at a mixed bloodstock sale in 2003 and has now earned more than $Aus3.5 million. Ford arrives in Hong Kong on Tuesday night.

Desert Lord was seen out on the all-weather track for the first time at Sha Tin today under his regular work rider, John Murray, who was has been very impressed with the way he has taken his trip and bullish about his charge's prospects in the CXHK Sprint.

"He seems to travel well and fights that bit harder when he's abroad. That was the best I've felt him today, " said Murray.

Murray added: "He'll do a zip with our stable jockey Neil Callan aboard on Thursday or Friday when the trainer [Kevin Ryan] has arrived. This horse has tremendous speed and he will love this sharp track and the fast ground. He really operates on it. I hope we get a draw between one and six, otherwise it could be curtains."

Britain's other two contenders for the sprint, Benbaun, who was sixth in the race last year and Red Clubs, who is owned by Ronald Arculli, former Chairman of the Hong Kong Jockey Club, were confined to the trotting ring today.

The top Japanese sprinter Meisho Bowler cantered easily in the trotting ring under trainer Toshiaki Shirai's son, Katsuya, and did not show up on the all-weather course. "He was a little nervous when he arrived here, but his form is getting better and eating up well," Shirai Jr. said.

The other Japanese sprinter She is Tosho performed easy work in the trotting ring before she cantered on the all-weather track for one lap.

CXHKCup contender Growl also had a comfortable workout on the all weather and "felt good" according to track rider Cathy Payne. Growl has his final run for David Hayes in the Cup and will remain in Hong Kong with Almond Lee.

More arrival shots.....
http://www.hkjc.com/english/corporat...6120314693.htm

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 12-03-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Monmouth Park

Hey Miss SCat,

thanks for all the information.
lets go over the HK card later this week when they have all the final entries up.
good to see someone follow the Asian racing as closely as you do.
keep up the good work.

Repent
Old 12-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by repent
Hey Miss SCat,

thanks for all the information.
lets go over the HK card later this week when they have all the final entries up.
good to see someone follow the Asian racing as closely as you do.
keep up the good work.

Repent
That sounds great, repent, and thanks.

Somewhere, in a parallel universe, I've started Hong Kong adoptions. It's kind of silly but a lot fun to encourage people to follow and get excited by racing over there by adopting their own horse(s).

Whenever they swim or have a riverside grass gallop (or get gelded or named..... anything!) I post it, along with entries and results, barrier trials, links to videos, stuff like that.

I think we're up to around 21 people and 70 or so horses..... it's a lot of fun.

More arrivals.....
http://www.hkjc.com/english/corporat...6120414716.htm

... and trackwork photos.....
http://www.hkjc.com/english/corporat...6120414713.htm

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 12-04-2006 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Saratoga

Red Clubs is out..... what a shame.

From the HKJC.....

Absolute Champion replaces Red Clubs in Cathay Pacific HK Sprint

4 December 2006

Red Clubs has had to withdraw from the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Sprint and will be replaced by Absolute Champion, trained in Hong Kong.

Red Clubs did not travel to Sha Tin from Britain as well as hoped and connections had no option but to withdraw their horse.

His replacement, Absolute Champion, was unfortunate not to be on the original list of selections. In the HSBC Premier Bowl (Gr.3) in October, the David Hall-trained star broke a course record Sprint course and distance. The time of 1 minute 8.1 seconds shaved three-tenths off a record that dated back 21 years and was also shared by Silent Witness.

On Ouija Board.....

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/n...Kong_Vase.html
Old 12-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Santa Anita

Odds for all races available here i think

http://www.coral.co.uk/sbuk.go?ms=MS...&groups=125270

#Grand
Old 12-04-2006, 06:26 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

ill take collier hill at 9-1..loved his last