Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaripeo
Matsurida Gogh
... going to the Nikkei Sho (with Cosmo Bulk).
Old 03-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

[quote=my miss storm cat]Tell me about Dragon Fire!

Well, I just will put some information regarding him. His a young 4 year old that has been figthing with the best. Need maduration but has a turn of foots that is amaizing. He comes all way from the back pack and has a good speed. Just let him star winning and he will not stop. Check this:
Owner: Yasushi Kubota
Breeder: Chiyoda Farm Shizunai
Winnings: 10 Starts: 5 - 2 – 0

1st: Sirius Stakes (Jpn-GIII,2.000m-Dirt, Hanshin)

Foaled 04/09/2004.
Trained in Japan by T Kubota.

BRIANS TIME (USA)dkb/br. 1985ROBERTO (USA)b. 1969 [C]

MAGICAL WOMAN (JPN)ch. 1997PARADISE CREEK (USA)dkb/br. 1989

That was the headligth in the news on Nov 17 -07
Japan Cup Dirt (G1) - who does Student Council have to beat for the bonus?

Dragon Fire is the Japanese horse most expect to trouble the established dirt group performers. He is a 3yo who has come through the ranks winning his last 4 starts in a row (with an exclusion from one race in between). He takes a while to wind up, but once he does he just keeps coming and the 2100m course at Tokyo looks perfect for him. He beat a very good field of older horses at the Grade 3 Sirius Stakes in his last start (where last year’s Japan Cup winner Alondite finished 4th) from an impossible position with 300m to go. He does look very, very good, but this is his acid test.

This was the report for the second run againts Vermilion.

If 4yos Dragon Fire and Ferrari Pisa get a run (they are 18th and 22nd in order of entry at this stage), they should also be treated with respect. Dragon Fire, who was the second favorite in the Japan Cup Dirt last year, has been a little disappointing in his latest 2 runs but is working much better now and has ability

Lost twice against Vermilion, but the magins betwen bout races, were much closer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrl19IXPECs

Sirus stakes

Saludos Guapa.

No wonder they like it hot....
Old 03-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Saratoga

Oh nice!!!

Thanks and wow, thanks for finding the video!

There's a horse, can't remember his name but something Bandit? Do you have any idea who that is?

He has a head like Rakti. Hard to explain but i saw him in a race before a big race about a year ago..... think he was only 2nd or 3rd but he just had this look to him.....

Can't remember the rest of his name.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Oh nice!!!

Thanks and wow, thanks for finding the video!

There's a horse, can't remember his name but something Bandit? Do you have any idea who that is?

He has a head like Rakti. Hard to explain but i saw him in a race before a big race about a year ago..... think he was only 2nd or 3rd but he just had this look to him.....

Can't remember the rest of his name.
SORRY CHULA, TO MUCH GUESS FOR ME. I WISH COULD HELP YOU, BUT.........

Old 03-16-2008, 01:12 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaripeo
SORRY CHULA, TO MUCH GUESS FOR ME. I WISH COULD HELP YOU, BUT.........

That's okay, someday (maybe) I'll remember!

DRC...

American squad readying for Tuesday takeoff

Idiot Proof is one of 14 American challengers due to fly to Dubai this week (copyright Jessica Denver/Equi-Photo)

As many as 14 of America’s best horses are set to fly from the United States to the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday prior to competing on the Dubai World Cup (Gr.1) program.

Two of the more interesting prospects — Grade 1 winner Idiot Proof, who will race in the $2 million Dubai Golden Shaheen (Gr.1), sponsored by Gulf News, and Massive Drama, who will try to make history as the first American-based winner of the $2 million UAE Derby (Gr.2), sponsored by Saeed & Mohammed Al Naboodah Group — posted workouts on Saturday.

Idiot Proof, who set a Santa Anita Park record for six furlongs (about 1,200 meters) in 1:07.57 when winning the Ancient Title Stakes (Gr.1) last fall and who has finished second and third in two stakes starts this year, worked an easy six furlongs in 1:15, handily, at Santa Anita for trainer Clifford Sise Jr. The workout time by the four-year-old son of Benchmark was 12th fastest of 15 at the distance.

Massive Drama went the same distance at Gulfstream Park in 1:15.60 for new trainer Dale Romans, who took over from Bob Baffert when owner Ahmed Zayat decided to move his horses away from California's synthetic racing surfaces. The time was third fastest of five at the distance.

“He finished strong and did just what we wanted him to do,” said Romans. “We wanted to get him one good tightener before we ship.”

Since his previous Dubai travel and training plan worked to perfection with 2005 Dubai World Cup winner Roses in May, Romans said he will stick to the same basic scenario for Massive Drama, a burly colt by Kafwain.

“We’re not doing anything different,” Romans said. “All the advice we got going over there with Roses in May was get all your training done before you get over there. That’s what today’s work was all about.”

Massive Drama is one of seven horses slated to fly out of Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport in Florida on Tuesday evening, while an equal number have been booked for a flight leaving Los Angeles International Airport that afternoon, according to shipping company Mersant International Ltd. Both flights are due to stop for refueling at Stansted Airport in England before reaching Dubai on Wednesday night.

Also on the Florida flight will be A. P. Arrow, who will try to win the $6 million Dubai World Cup, sponsored by Emirates, for the heirs of the late Allen Paulson, who bred and raced inaugural Dubai World Cup winner Cigar; Grade 1 winners Better Talk Now and Benny the Bull, who are targeting the $5 million Dubai Sheema Classic (Gr.1), sponsored by Nakheel, and the Dubai Golden Shaheen, respectively; Grade 2 winner Diamond Stripes, who will run in the $1 million Godolphin Mile (Gr.2), sponsored by Etisalat, along with fellow shipper Barcola, a three-time stakes winner; and Esperamos, who will take a five-race win streak into the Dubai Golden Shaheen.

Leaving from California along with Idiot Proof will be Dubai World Cup contenders Well Armed and Great Hunter; speedsters Barbecue Eddie and Bushwacker, both candidates for the Dubai Golden Shaheen; and Grade 2 winner Spring House, who is pointing to the Dubai Sheema Classic.

Grade 2 winner Notional also has a reservation on the California flight, but trainer Doug O’Neill has indicated that he is not inclined to send the four-year-old colt for the Godolphin Mile, for which the son of In Excess has been invited. O’Neill and owner J. Paul Reddam, who also owns Great Hunter and Barcola, are hoping for a late invitation to the $5 million Dubai Duty Free (Gr.1), sponsored by Dubai Duty Free.

The most famous and most accomplished of the American runners, Horse of the Year Curlin, has been training in Dubai since late February for his brush with destiny in the Dubai World Cup.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Default ¡always Listen To Your Mom!

¡ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR MOM!

I JUST READ THIS ABOUT THE GREAT LORD ADMIRAL

“Lord Admiral, now in his third season here in Dubai, has had his most successful year to date registering impressive victories in both the Group 3 Al Rashidiya and the Group 2 Jebel Hatta both run over a distance of 1,777m.
Charles believes there has been no secret ingredient to his recent success but says: “His attitude has really improved this year and he has been training very well”.
A Listed winner in his native Ireland, the well-connected son of El Prado was due to be sold earlier this month at the inaugural Dubai International Racing Carnival Sale, part of the annual ERA Horse in Training Sale, but was withdrawn at the last minute on the orders of Charles’s mother Jacqueline.
Described as a “family pet” by Charles, he goes on to say: “It would have been an emotional wrench if the horse had gone.
“But in hindsight we are obviously very pleased with the decision we made to withdraw the horse, and it’s all worked out really well for us, and we’re just lucky that mum made the call and persuaded us!”
Sentimentality certainly proved profitable for the O’Brien family as Lord Admiral went on to earn $150,000 in the Group 2 Jebel Hatta and the chance to take a shot at the US$5 million Dubai Duty Free on the world’s richest race night.
Well done Jacqueline

Old 03-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Just remeber this name: DON RENATO