Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
who will ride Dylan Thomas? I'm assuming it will be King Kieren, if not I hope its not that Irish disaster named Mutaugh
Don't know yet but it won't be Kieren.....

Soumillion, Heffernan and Murtagh have all ridden him..... maybe one of them?
Old 11-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Saratoga

Callow on THE star of Singapore, Why Be.....
Old 11-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Saratoga

The eagle has landed.....

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/n...al_084137.html

Flight schedule, international runners.....

http://www.hkjc.com/english/news/news_2007112617460.htm
Old 11-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Saratoga

Pressing, Syllabus, Sky Conqueror and Sculptor are withdrawn, Kocab and Hawkes Bay are now in.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Saratoga

Trackwork photos.

Dylan.....

http://www.hkjc.com/english/news/news_2007112817488.htm
Old 11-28-2007, 04:30 AM
The Curragh

I think this is one too many for Dylan this year. Ire-USA-Ire-Japan-HK all in less than a month. Then think about all the hard races he's had this year.

I will be taking him on, no matter how good he is.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 11-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance
I think this is one too many for Dylan this year. Ire-USA-Ire-Japan-HK all in less than a month. Then think about all the hard races he's had this year.

I will be taking him on, no matter how good he is.
Agree.....

Green Birdie is in, Dettori up.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:58 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Agree.....

Green Birdie is in, Dettori up.

Poor Birdie

Old 11-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Saratoga

Miss Andretti at Sha Tin.....

http://www.virtualformguide.com/cgi-...129misspic.txt
Old 11-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Saratoga

Arrivals.....

http://www.hkjc.com/english/news/news_2007112917522.htm
Old 11-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Saratoga

HKJC.....

Visionario replaces Kildonan in Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile

29 November 2007

Visionario (J095) has been added to the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile to replace Kildonan, found yesterday to be lame in a pre-export veterinary examination.

Visionario was one of the best two-year-olds in France last year - he won the Gr.3 Prix La Rochette (1400m) and a Listed Race.

In 2007 he won another Listed Race and was placed at Group level and this will be his first start in Hong Kong. ***

*** - He had a really nice barrier trial last week.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Saratoga

The HKJC gave Red Rocks permission to bring a friend.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Default The MIG in HK

From SAHORSERACING:

Richard Migliore to represent United States in CXIJC 2007
Top jockey Richard Migliore will represent the United States in the Cathay Pacific International Jockeys’ Championship 2007 at Happy Valley on Wednesday 5 December.
The Eclipse Award winner has been among the leading American riders since first breaking through in the 1980s. New York-born Migliore, 43, rode his 4,000th career winner in 2005 and his major wins in 2007 include the Gr.1 Frank E Kilroe Mile Handicap and Gr.1 Pacific Classic.
Migliore’s participation was sought by Mr William A Nader, the Club’s Executive Director of Racing, and the response was instant.
“I have been friends with Bill for a long time and when he raised the opportunity, I knew that this was an adventure that I could not miss. I am really looking forward to riding in Hong Kong," Milgiore said.
Mr Nader added: “Richard is ranked among the top 15 American jockeys in lifetime earnings and has enjoyed almost all of his success in New York and, now, Southern California, where racing is conducted in the most competitive of environments. He is a great addition to a sensational line-up of many of the world's best jockeys."
Migliore, whose minimum riding weight is 118lbs, joins an all-star cast that includes former champions Olivier Peslier, Andrasch Starke, Douglas Whyte, Damien Oliver and Christophe Soumillon. Also present are Sunday’s Japan Cup winner Yasunari Iwata, six-time UAE champion Ted Durcan, four-time Irish champion Pat Smullen, former British champion Ryan Moore and Eclipse Award winning female rider Emma-Jayne Wilson, the champion jockey at Woodbine last year.
The last vacant slot in the Cathay Pacific International Jockeys’ Championship will be filled by the leading local rider at the end of the Saturday, 1 December meeting.

!GOOD LOCK TO MIG AND EMMAˇ

No wonder they like it hot....
Old 11-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaripeo
The last vacant slot in the Cathay Pacific International Jockeys’ Championship will be filled by the leading local rider at the end of the Saturday, 1 December meeting.
... which was Doug Whyte.

Trackwork photos.....

http://www.hkjc.com/english/news/news_2007113017535.htm

Jockey profiles / Intl Jock Championship.....
(HKJC)

Ted Durcan

Ted Durcan, born 25 February 1973 in Ireland has been champion jockey in the United Arab Emirates on six occasions. Durcan first won the Emirates' title in 1999/2000 when he also won the Godolphin Mile on Conflict and the Dubai Duty Free on Rhythm Band on Dubai World Cup night. He has just enjoyed the most successful season of his career in Britain with 96winners, highlighted by his victory on Light Shift in the Epsom Oaks.

Yasunari Iwata

Iwata, born 12 March 1974, has made a hugely successful transition from the regional NAR circuit to the major league of the JRA in Japan and will be forever remembered for his narrow, nerveless victory in the Melbourne Cup 2006 aboard Delta Blues. He also won the World Super Jockeys as an NAR jockey in 2005. Proof of his elevated status came in June when he took over the Admire Moon from living legend Yutaka Take and won the Takarazuka Kinen followed by last weekend's win in the Japan Cup.

Richard Migliore

New York-born Migliore, 43, has been among the leading American riders since first breaking through in the 1980s and rode his 4,000th career winner in 2005. The Eclipse Award winner is ranked among the top 15 American jockeys in lifetime earnings and has enjoyed almost all of his success in New York and, now, Southern California. His major wins in 2007 include the Gr.1 Frank E Kilroe Mile Handicap and Gr.1 Pacific Classic.

Ryan Moore

Ryan Moore, born 18 September 1983, is from a family steeped in racing and last year he became the youngest champion jockey in Britain since Pat Eddery in 1974. A broken arm at the start of the year put paid to his bid for a second title but he still rode 128 winners and finished third in the title race. He is widely acknowledged to have executed the ride of the season in the Gr.1 Eclipse Stakes aboard Notnowcato and is odds-on to regain his riders' crown again next season.

Damien Oliver

Damien Oliver, born 22 June 1972, is arguably the finest Australian jockey of the past decade or so and victory aboard Forensics in this year's Golden Slipper meant he became only the sixth jockey to have completed the Grand Slam of Australia's major races - Melbourne Cup (twice), Caulfield Cup (four times), Cox Plate (twice) and the Slipper. He has landed the Hong Kong Sprint twice on Falvelon and won the IJC in 2003. Last year he returned to the saddle after incurring spinal injuries that kept him out of the saddle for over a year.

Olivier Peslier

Olivier Peslier, born 12 January 1973, has been French champion jockey four times. He shares the record number of four CXHKIR wins - Partipral (Vase '95), Docksider (Mile '99) Borgia (Vase '99) and Hat Trick (Mile '05). Won three Prix de l'Arc de Triomphes from 1996 to 1998 and spends the winter riding in Japan - he won the 2001 and 2004 Japan Cups on Jungle Pocket and Zenno Rob Roy. Has twice won the CXIJC in 1998 and 2006 and this year he completed the English and Irish 2000 Guineas double on Cockney Rebel.

Pat Smullen

Pat Smullen, born 22 May 1977, has just won his fourth Irish Champion Jockey title to add to wins in 2000, 2001 and 2005. He is the stable rider for Dermot Weld and is best known for his association with Vinnie Roe, winning the Irish St Leger four times and runner-up in the Melbourne Cup. He has won other Classics - the Irish Derby (Grey Swallow), Irish 1000 Guineas (Nightime) and the 2000 Guineas (Refuse To Bend) - for Weld. Last month he took out the Gr.1 Prix de l'Abbaye on Benbaun and has partnered four winners in HK to date.

Christophe Soumillon

Christophe Soumillon, born 4 June 1981 in Belgium. Won the French Derby aged 20 and later retained by the Aga Khan for whom he won the French Derby and Prix de l'Arc on Dalakhani in 2003. Three times Champion Jockey in France, setting a new record of 226 wins in 2005 and has defended the title again in 2006. Won the 2005 Breeders' Cup Turf on Shirocco and the King George last term on Hurricane Run. Notable success in HK also, sharing the Cathay Pacific International Jockeys' Championship in 2004 and voted Most Popular Jockey last season by local fans. Five Gr.1s in HK, principally the MBHK Derby on Viva Pataca.

Andrasch Starke

Andrasch Starke, born 4 January 1974, has been Germany's champion jockey on five occasions. He has recorded a long list of victories in his homeland headed by four wins in the Derby, four in the Oaks and he also landed his second Grosser Preis von Baden in September. He made all to win the SIA Cup on Epalo in 2004. Overall, he has won 19 races in Hong Kong including two victories in 2000 and 2005 in the CX International Jockeys' Championship at Happy Valley.

Douglas Whyte

Douglas Whyte, born 15 November 1971 in Durban, South Africa, has been champion jockey in Hong Kong for the last seven seasons and is long odds-on for a record eighth crown this term. Whyte breaks records for fun - he is also on the verge of breaking Tony Cruz's record of 946 career wins and his monstrous tally of 114 in 2005/06 broke his own record. Has lifted local Gr.1 events such as the Hong Kong Gold Cup and Hong Kong Vase (Indigenous); QEII Cup (London News), Chairman's Prize (Oriental Express); Centenary Cup (Best Of The Best) and Stewards Cup (Armada).

Emma-Jayne Wilson

Emma-Jayne Wilson, born 1 September 1981, experienced her first ride in August 2004 and her first winner the next day. She has achieved enormously since. In 2005 she partnered 180 winners in 2005, the best tally in North America by an apprentice to win an Eclipse Award. She also became the first female rider to win the Woodbine jockeys' title in the track's 50-year history and is currently third on the same list. She achieved another landmark as the first woman to win the Queen's Plate, part of the Canadian Triple Crown, this year.

Good luck to Ryan and Douggie.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
The HKJC gave Red Rocks permission to bring a friend.
Are they going to pay for my flight too?
Old 11-30-2007, 05:20 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Yes, but you have to stand in a crate along with Mr Rocks, sniper

Great jocks lined up, i don't all all of them that well. Only one bad one in the list as far as i am concerned, and he is from Belgium

Old 11-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
You mean you were invited and you get to bring a friend?

Ooooh, PICK ME! PICK ME!

Galeota withdraws from Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Sprint

30 November 2007

Galeota has withdrawn from the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Sprint.

Connections decided against the trip to Sha Tin when the English-trained sprinter pulled up unsatisfactorily after his final preparatory workout on Thursday morning.

His withdrawal leaves 13 runners for the HK$12 million sprint on 9 December.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Saratoga

More arrivals.....

http://www.hkjc.com/english/news/news_2007120117550.htm

Ryan gets the Al Qasi mount.....
Old 12-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Saratoga

Ben looking around, wondering if he's at the Curragh or not, and other arrivals.....

http://www.hkjc.com/english/news/news_2007120217565.htm
Old 12-02-2007, 05:51 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Ben looking around, wondering if he's at the Curragh or not, and other arrivals.....

http://www.hkjc.com/english/news/news_2007120217565.htm

Ha

He's like "you ********, you told me this was The Curragh..... i thought this flight was longer than normal!!!"