Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-06-2008, 05:30 AM
Lincoln Fields

Kieren Fallon has reported to be taking up a job working as an assistant trainer to Sir Michael Stoute for the next year.

Thankfully this would appear to scupper reports that he would start training for the subhuman piece of scum that is Willie Mckay. I imagine this is a stop-gap measure until his ban runs out and he can start riding again, if he was set to stop riding he would more likely have started up his own yard one would have thought.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:31 AM
Lincoln Fields

It also reflects great credit on Stoute that he's been able to wholly forgive Fallon for taking up the job at Coolmore and help him so much in his time of need.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwjb
It also reflects great credit on Stoute that he's been able to wholly forgive Fallon for taking up the job at Coolmore and help him so much in his time of need.
Cheers to Sir Michael for his decency, his class and his heart.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:27 PM
The Curragh

I caught the end of the news report on TV the other day, but didn't quite grab who had given him the job. Thanks for posting, Harry.

They had a great friendship when Fallon was stable jockey there, and you can only think that someone like Michael Stoute will help him through these tough times.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 04-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Saratoga

Racing post.....

Fallon follows Munro into martial arts

by Tony Elves

FOR Kieren Fallon, it was just like old times on Wednesday when he teamed up with Sir Michael Stoute's workers on the Newmarket gallops.

And despite the prospect of a backseat role riding work for Stoute until September 2009, when an 18-month drugs ban imposed by France Galop expires, the six -time champion jockey is nonetheless looking forward to it with relish.

Speaking to the Racing Post on Wednesday, Fallon told how he plans to take inspiration from a weighing-room colleague also forced into an enforced break from race-riding.

He said: “Alan Munro took time out for 18 months and he came back even better, and I'm following his example and working out doing martial arts.

“It keeps you disciplined and I'm working with one of the most respected names in the game, and going down the same route as Alan.

“It can only help and, when I come back, I want to be both physically and mentally stronger than I ever was.”

Fallon rode ordinary canters on Warren Hill on Monday and Tuesday, but on Wednesday the tempo was stepped up with some proper work on the Across The Flat gallop.

He started with a spin on Confront, who was just asked to sit in behind Cabinet (Maxine Cowdrey) and Perfect Stride (Ryan Moore), and then took the leg-up on Laughter, who went through her paces with Mistress Greeley (Moore).

Fallon added: “I'm happy to be back and it was a really enjoyable morning. I love being back on horses and I'm thankful to Sir Michael for giving me this opportunity.

“I have spent the past 20 years going up and down the roads, and this role will enable me to spend more time with my children, and to reflect.

“I'm feeling really relaxed and when I do come back I want to be 110 per cent.”
Old 04-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Racing post.....

Fallon follows Munro into martial arts

by Tony Elves

FOR Kieren Fallon, it was just like old times on Wednesday when he teamed up with Sir Michael Stoute's workers on the Newmarket gallops.

And despite the prospect of a backseat role riding work for Stoute until September 2009, when an 18-month drugs ban imposed by France Galop expires, the six -time champion jockey is nonetheless looking forward to it with relish.

Speaking to the Racing Post on Wednesday, Fallon told how he plans to take inspiration from a weighing-room colleague also forced into an enforced break from race-riding.

He said: “Alan Munro took time out for 18 months and he came back even better, and I'm following his example and working out doing martial arts.

“It keeps you disciplined and I'm working with one of the most respected names in the game, and going down the same route as Alan.

“It can only help and, when I come back, I want to be both physically and mentally stronger than I ever was.”

Fallon rode ordinary canters on Warren Hill on Monday and Tuesday, but on Wednesday the tempo was stepped up with some proper work on the Across The Flat gallop.

He started with a spin on Confront, who was just asked to sit in behind Cabinet (Maxine Cowdrey) and Perfect Stride (Ryan Moore), and then took the leg-up on Laughter, who went through her paces with Mistress Greeley (Moore).

Fallon added: “I'm happy to be back and it was a really enjoyable morning. I love being back on horses and I'm thankful to Sir Michael for giving me this opportunity.

“I have spent the past 20 years going up and down the roads, and this role will enable me to spend more time with my children, and to reflect.

“I'm feeling really relaxed and when I do come back I want to be 110 per cent.”
I was just thinking that the world had a shortage of alcoholic, womanizing cokeheads that were also trained in martial arts.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
I was just thinking that the world had a shortage of alcoholic, womanizing cokeheads that were also trained in martial arts.

Perhaps PVal would be interested in Tae Kwon Do classes.....
Old 06-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Saratoga

BH...

http://racing.bloodhorse.com/article/45666.htm

Fallon Interested in Returning to U.S.
by Mark Popham

Kieren Fallon, the six-time leading jockey in Great Britain who is currently banned from riding because of a failed drug test, revealed in an interview that he wants ride in North America every winter, and maybe more.

Fallon told Chris McGrath of The Independent, one of Britain’s national newspapers: “I want to try to make a career of it in America. I’d like to spend the winters there at least and come back here for the summer.”

Fallon, who used to be stable jockey to the main Coolmore owners and based in Ireland, was acquitted of race-fixing allegations in a trial in London late last year, but shortly afterward it was revealed he had failed a drug test in France. He cannot ride again until August 2009.

Fallon got an 18-month ban from the French authorities--it was a second offense--and the 43-year-old is currently riding in the mornings in Newmarket, England, mainly for trainer Michael Stoute, to whom he was once stable jockey.

Fallon has also launched his own Web site, www.kierenfallon.co.uk, which is free to access but requires registration. A press release said the Web site’s aim is “to give the racing public a rare and direct insight into the horses he rides on the gallops, eye-catching runners and classic contenders.”

Fallon said he’s happy with the gradual switch-over from dirt to artificial surfaces in North America. He told The Independent: “I love that they’re changing the (dirt) surfaces. Prize money is very good, and I found it easy to ride the turf races when I rode at Gulfstream (Park in early 2005), and that was just on Jerry Bailey’s second and third strings.”

Johnny Murtagh took over as stable jockey for John and Susan Magnier, Michael Tabor, and Derrick Smith at the start of the European season in March, while Fallon went to Palm Springs to spend a month in the Betty Ford Clinic.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Saratoga

What happened to his website?????
Old 07-24-2008, 04:49 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
What happened to his website?????
Closed down.

Not quite sure why.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 08-31-2008, 04:24 PM