Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
If you hear what Phelps is eating for Breakfast everyday, it is insane, he eats close to 5,000 calories for Breakfast
That's when I have the most energy, too(3-5 hours after eating too much.) That's why I don't really understand why baseball teams have an open buffet after the game. Seems to me it would be better to eat a lot about 3-5 hours before the game.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
If you hear what Phelps is eating for Breakfast everyday, it is insane, he eats close to 5,000 calories for Breakfast
What's so unusual about that?
Old 08-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Del Mar

I laughed...then burped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
What's so unusual about that?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
That's when I have the most energy, too(3-5 hours after eating too much.) That's why I don't really understand why baseball teams have an open buffet after the game. Seems to me it would be better to eat a lot about 3-5 hours before the game.
Replenishing the used stored muscle glycogen is best within the first 2 hours post-exercise. So I guess there is perhaps some small scientific justification for that. But I somehow doubt that's why they do that

I heard or read something that the USA team uses a ratio of 2.37 grams carb per gram of protein for post-ex replenishment (or 2.67, I forget ...) The most amazing thing was seeing Phelps blowing out after his 200 butterfly (was that last night?), then the team getting him back fit WITHIN ONE HOUR to run a relay - unbelievable ...
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 08-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Pretty funny when the super-tiny one ran like the wind. She looks 10 years old (with attitude AND TALKIN' TRASH.).....BTW, The Venezuelan Womans Volleyball team played on the NBC late night show, and I swear they got them dressed with about 90% they a-s-s hanging out. They were hardly wearing anything. It was amazing. I have no idea if they won or loss. Hopefully, they won, and can continue on.
i have a question about beach volleyball, why do the women dress in these skimpy bikinis, while the men have long shorts and shirts? shouldn't the men have to wear speedos or an equivalent? i'm fine with it but I would think womens groups would complain about exploitation or something.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
i have a question about beach volleyball, why do the women dress in these skimpy bikinis, while the men have long shorts and shirts? shouldn't the men have to wear speedos or an equivalent? i'm fine with it but I would think womens groups would complain about exploitation or something.
Jim...I thought you would suggest trenchcoats
Old 08-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
i have a question about beach volleyball, why do the women dress in these skimpy bikinis, while the men have long shorts and shirts? shouldn't the men have to wear speedos or an equivalent?.
Thank you!
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 08-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Flemington

Quote:
I don't think women's sports would be very watchable if they didn't do stuff like that, and a lot of men wouldn't watch men play sports if they had close to nothing on. So, to answer your question, it's to satisfy the male viewer. Yea, women watch some of this stuff, but notice how long they do it for. They get a call...They stop watching.....They remember that they need to do an errand..They are gone....etc. etc.. Men are more apt to say leave me the f alone. I am watching this. We will do this afterwards. Here's a 50. Go buy us some pie.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
I don't think women's sports would be very watchable if they didn't do stuff like that, and a lot of men wouldn't watch men play sports if they had close to nothing on. So, to answer your question, it's to satisfy the male viewer.
i knew the answer, I was just wondering why you don't hear any complaints from women.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Del Mar

Not sure that is the right answer. Some wacky gay designer for a big name sports apparel company comes up with these designs and the athletes are told...would you wear this for $50K in endorsements?

And they say sure!

Spyder
Old 08-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I don't think women's sports would be very watchable if they didn't do stuff like that, and a lot of men wouldn't watch men play sports if they had close to nothing on. So, to answer your question, it's to satisfy the male viewer. Yea, women watch some of this stuff, but notice how long they do it for. They get a call...They stop watching.....They remember that they need to do an errand..They are gone....etc. etc.. Men are more apt to say leave me the f alone. I am watching this. We will do this afterwards. Here's a 50. Go buy us some pie.
yeah..but that's what many women wear to the beach and, at least in the US, that's what almost all men wear
Old 08-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Coach Pants

Men's 200 Breast

1 Kitajima
2 Guerta
3 Spann

Women's 200 Fly

1 Jiao
2 Schipper
3 Breeden (Kentucky girl..GO!)

Men's 100 Free

1 Lezak
2 van den Hoogenband
3 Sullivan

Women's 4x200 Free Relay

1 U.S and A
2 China
3 France

As you can tell it's upset city in the 100 free. So much for chalk.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Newmarket

how old is Dmitry Sautin? he's been in the olympics for what seems like 20years, and he always looks the same.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Coach Pants

Damn frog.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Coach Pants

Schmitt
Old 08-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
If those Chinese girls are 16 then I'm 47, "ages are verified by passport", my ass
AS I suspected...
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer...ory?id=3534544
Old 08-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
and her birthday is 1/1/92, how classic is that, at least make it like the 8th or the 9th.....

Phelps daily food routine........

Breakfast: 3 fried egg sandwiches, 2 cups coffee, 5-egg omlette, bowl of grits, 3 pieces of french toast, 3 chocolate chip pancakes

Lunch: 1 pound pasta, 2 ham and cheese sandwiches, energy drink (1,000 calorie)

Dinner: 1 pound pasta, 1 large pizza, energy drink (1,000 calorie)
Old 08-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
and her birthday is 1/1/92, how classic is that, at least make it like the 8th or the 9th.....

Scavs daily food routine........

Breakfast: 3 fried egg sandwiches, 2 cups coffee, 5-egg omlette, bowl of grits, 3 pieces of french toast, 3 chocolate chip pancakes

Lunch: 1 pound pasta, 2 ham and cheese sandwiches, energy drink (1,000 calorie)

Dinner: 1 pound pasta, 1 large pizza, energy drink (1,000 calorie)
FTFY
Old 08-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
FTFY
I wish, if I could rock that, I would be the happiest person in the world.

Now, I don't watch what I eat, which is probably why I am rocking this tire right now, but I don't eat as much as this dude, would need a shovel
Old 08-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
their ages are about as reliable as the Dominican baseball players (except they're ages are switched the other way)!!!