Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Morris Park

[quote=bogeydaman][quote=georgewashington]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud

Please stop talking about something that you know nothing about. You sound like an idiot. The dog track will have problems because their handle is so low and the 50% will kill them. The racetrack will thrive. The purses will go up and the deal has already been cut with the horseman.

Agree the dog track is the least of GP worries when it comes to slots. They should be more concerned about Dania Jai Alai / Pompano Park slots and trying to remove people from the lines at the Indian Reservations / Hard Rock. That being said GP will rule the slot business for the parimutual facilities.

[/code]
You say NY Jokers are bashing MEC? Well, you're preious MEC has had ONE PROFITABLE QUARTER IN THE LAST 2 AND A HALF YEARS! They were positive $.02/share in Q1,'06. [code]

So if MEC is not making any money then why the bashing on the purse structure. They should be reducing purses to make a profit (albeit there are hundreds of variables that impact profit / loss)??? Sounds like talking out of both sides of the mouth.
MEC is fine. Racinos are the future.

Where was Oracle this morning? I waited until 10:15 and nobody showed. You don't need a pass to go the Vet Village, so I am a little surprised. I guess the weather kept him in?

George won easily today and established himself as the best miler in the world, so it was a good morning anyway.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:46 AM
Newmarket

[quote=georgewashington][quote=bogeydaman]
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewashington

MEC is fine. Racinos are the future.

Where was Oracle this morning? I waited until 10:15 and nobody showed. You don't need a pass to go the Vet Village, so I am a little surprised. I guess the weather kept him in?

George won easily today and established himself as the best miler in the world, so it was a good morning anyway.
why do you ask people on a message board about someones whereabouts?
Obviously no one would know where he is.

did you consider the very real possibility that he has zero interest in meeting you.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Morris Park

[quote=ArlJim78][quote=georgewashington]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeydaman

why do you ask people on a message board about someones whereabouts?
Obviously no one would know where he is.

did you consider the very real possibility that he has zero interest in meeting you.

No problem. My brother said he cancelled because he couldn't get there until 1pm. My apologies. Hopefully he will come visit Mark in the Grove.

His getting Baffert to sue me was pretty funny though.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:

Please stop talking about something that you know nothing about. You sound like an idiot. The dog track will have problems because their handle is so low and the 50% will kill them. The racetrack will thrive. The purses will go up and the deal has already been cut with the horseman.

Agree the dog track is the least of GP worries when it comes to slots. They should be more concerned about Dania Jai Alai / Pompano Park slots and trying to remove people from the lines at the Indian Reservations / Hard Rock. That being said GP will rule the slot business for the parimutual facilities.

[/code]
You say NY Jokers are bashing MEC? Well, you're preious MEC has had ONE PROFITABLE QUARTER IN THE LAST 2 AND A HALF YEARS! They were positive $.02/share in Q1,'06. [code]

So if MEC is not making any money then why the bashing on the purse structure. They should be reducing purses to make a profit (albeit there are hundreds of variables that impact profit / loss)??? Sounds like talking out of both sides of the mouth.
LoL Nice try, sort of. I know as much as there is to know about the slots deal, 7.5% of an expected $50 mil to the horsemen, Big ****ing Deal. $3 mil, and 75% of that will go to non-Florida based stables. Yeah, great deal.

And since you're our latest mother ****ing self-proclaimed genius of the mother ****ing world, how come there's no date-specific for slots at GP or the other spots? Yeah, right.

I still make it dollars against dimes there's slots by Jan 1.

And MEC as a great investment? You must be joking or enjoy losing money. You can't lose the kind of money they've lost and think POSSIBLE slots at GP is going to cure the stock.

If he didn't control as much stock as he does, Stronach would have gotten sh1t-canned long ago for lack of performance. Plain, simple truth. That is the way the game is played.

MEC is a game for Stronach. He is a fabulously wealthy man and MEC's parent company (which keeps plowing more $$ into MEC) is very successful.

So far he's only proven he can lose a lot of money running racetracks.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:

[/code]

LoL Nice try, sort of. I know as much as there is to know about the slots deal, 7.5% of an expected $50 mil to the horsemen, Big ****ing Deal. $3 mil, and 75% of that will go to non-Florida based stables. Yeah, great deal.

And since you're our latest mother ****ing self-proclaimed genius of the mother ****ing world, how come there's no date-specific for slots at GP or the other spots? Yeah, right.

I still make it dollars against dimes there's slots by Jan 1.

And MEC as a great investment? You must be joking or enjoy losing money. You can't lose the kind of money they've lost and think POSSIBLE slots at GP is going to cure the stock.

If he didn't control as much stock as he does, Stronach would have gotten sh1t-canned long ago for lack of performance. Plain, simple truth. That is the way the game is played.

MEC is a game for Stronach. He is a fabulously wealthy man and MEC's parent company (which keeps plowing more $$ into MEC) is very successful.

So far he's only proven he can lose a lot of money running racetracks.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:42 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Stud,
Thats not the real reason. I told you this past summer I had spoken to more than one trainer(Todd wasnt one of them) who was fed up with the purses and lack of allowances and msw's at Gulf. There are more who will announce it in the future.
But none of em are gonna come out and bash Gulf. 1) because they all train for or want the opportunity to train for Stronach. 2) Because they don't want their stall space reduced.
Besides Pletcher, East Coast trainers Richard Dutrow Jr. and Lisa Lewis are making plans to send horses to Hollywood Park. Patrick Biancone, who has stabled at Santa Anita Park when returning from the East in recent years, will base his horses at Hollywood Park when returning for the winter next month.

Ahem, cough cough cough
Old 09-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Besides Pletcher, East Coast trainers Richard Dutrow Jr. and Lisa Lewis are making plans to send horses to Hollywood Park. Patrick Biancone, who has stabled at Santa Anita Park when returning from the East in recent years, will base his horses at Hollywood Park when returning for the winter next month.

Ahem, cough cough cough
Other than Pletcher (whose owner wants them out there), I don't see anything different here. Biancone always went out there, he is just switching tracks. Lisa Lewis? Who cares. I want to see how many Dutrow is sending. If he sends all his broken down horses hoping poly will help it will not help CA racing. How many good horses is he sending? Fairgrounds is where these people should send their horses.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:54 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution
Other than Pletcher (whose owner wants them out there), I don't see anything different here. Biancone always went out there, he is just switching tracks. Lisa Lewis? Who cares. I want to see how many Dutrow is sending. If he sends all his broken down horses hoping poly will help it will not help CA racing. How many good horses is he sending? Fairgrounds is where these people should send their horses.
Either way once again I was right, and you were wrong.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Either way once again I was right, and you were wrong.
I don't know what I was wrong about. This sounds like usual horse business.

The only thing that I can say and be certain of is that you have pretty low self-esteem. That is a certainty.

Also, you were the one saying they were not going for the poly and once again the article says they like they poly and that is why they are going.

Oracle, you are wrong, once again. This is getting old.

Last edited by Revolution : 09-30-2006 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Stud,
Thats not the real reason. I told you this past summer I had spoken to more than one trainer(Todd wasnt one of them) who was fed up with the purses and lack of allowances and msw's at Gulf. There are more who will announce it in the future.
But none of em are gonna come out and bash Gulf. 1) because they all train for or want the opportunity to train for Stronach. 2) Because they don't want their stall space reduced.

Sure does sound like they are going for the poly. Thanks for your misinformation again and again and again.