Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-04-2006, 09:26 AM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
What exactly is she trying to accomplish by placing you on such a diet (juice & fruit only)? Do you need to lose weight? Your giving up protein for a whole week? Not good.
I am 6 feet and usually 180 pounds and after months of this project I have been working on I got up to 195. Since April I have been on a project that has me in the office at 7. Then I sit around all day until around 6 and supervise and then from 6-midnight review everything. Now I am back down to 188 after a week of juice. I get my protein from a protein power mixed in the juice. There is a place called Jamba Juice that I have literally eaten at for an entire week.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Del Mar

I could never fast. I already have very low blood sugar and if I dont eat every 3-4 hours I faint. I drink about 30 glasses of water a day also.
Fasting not for me. Go for it though!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:28 AM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
Actually, Gander...

It is very good for your body to fast for 3 days once a month drinking NATURAL vegetable juices and fruit juices. It clears out your intestines. Many health people also recommend getting a colon cleanse. (If you really wanted to know that.) LOL
That is what she said. 3 days would have been better than an entire week, but I have my energy back.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Zippy thats really an inaccurate take on the situation. Its a long year and EC will still have the Turf Classic and the BC Turf to run in. The Arlington Million is a great race, but when it was conceived there was no Breeders Cup. It was the Breeders Cup before the Cup was invented. A brilliant creation which brought Euros to our country to face our very best for a lot of money. Its created spectacular finishes and awesome races. The problem is that the race is a real gut-wrencher. Having to ship there and face not only the great American horses but the Euros as well has caused more than one horse to bounce the rest of the year.
EC is already a grade one winner. By keeping him at home and not having to ship to face a hard field, they won't wring him out and save some horse for the two biggies that follow. Its just an excellent move in management by a trainer who manages his horses and plots things as well as anyone. To get to a goal, you define the goal and work BACKWARDS in planning, not forwards. Obviosly they are working backwards from the BC Turf and trying to get him there with the best possible chance of winning. Todd's the sharpest knife in the drawer, that i can assure you.

Sigh... O-Man.. you really need to pick on the sarcasm a littlehere.. GPK got it. I was poking fun at him because I know how much he loves EC.. of course it's a good move.. I just used the term "ducking" to fire him up.