Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Well first of all, all I did was confirm the scratch, which no one else had mentioned here (it was just speculation before). As to repeating myself, I would not have done so except for Steve's unnecessary response.
Bernardini is the greatest

I love Godolphin
I love Godolphin

PLEASE let me in the harem, I know everything about the horses.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Oy vey... You belabored a nonsensical point and then when that wasn't enough further ridiculously assign a cowardice label for the highly logical move of bypassing this spot for a better one. You're obstinate beyond belief.

So what you're saying is that anyone that doesn't agree with you is obstinate? I don't think it's a logical move and I haven't been convinced that it is, but since we're not talking about a horse that's particularly good, it's really silly to continue the argument. I guess we'll have to wait and see how he does in his next race.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
So what you're saying is that anyone that doesn't agree with you is obstinate? I don't think it's a logical move and I haven't been convinced that it is, but since we're not talking about a horse that's particularly good, it's really silly to continue the argument. I guess we'll have to wait and see how he does in his next race.
Betsy. The obstinate aspect, which was suggested in a humorous vein, is not that you're disagreeing with me.. There's nothing to disagree about with me as I have no opinion on the decision itself. I don't care what KMc and Darley do with Crossbow. I was only trying to explain the thought process and why/where particulars involved in decision-making of this kind and its' merits. I'll give you Kiaran McLaughlin's or Jimmy Bell's contact info if you want. You can explain their folly to them.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Betsy. The obstinate aspect, which was suggested in a humorous vein, is not that you're disagreeing with me.. There's nothing to disagree about with me as I have no opinion on the decision itself. I don't care what KMc and Darley do with Crossbow. I was only trying to explain the thought process and why/where particulars involved in decision-making of this kind and its' merits. I'll give you Kiaran McLaughlin's or Jimmy Bell's contact info if you want. You can explain their folly to them.
Hi Jimmy this is Betsy do you have a minute I would like to explain why you are about to ruin another horse...Click
Old 02-26-2011, 03:40 PM
The Curragh

Gourmet Dinner
Old 02-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Morris Park

Quote:
I think Crossbow would have been far from hopeless in here.

He certainly would have been a better play than the stretchout Trippi at 4/5.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Look up the word obstinate if you aren't familiar with it.
The connections are indefensible. Sorry. You guys can keep defending these a-holes with their monarch mentalities all you want.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Flemington

Nice.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Coach Pants

Just pure horsemanship right there. If you were to make a montage of the sport in its true form right now, there would be that guy. With his pill-headed smile and weasel cackle. It's just poetry.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Flemington

Black N Beauty was eased and is listed as DNF. He got pinched at the start.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Morris Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Just pure horsemanship right there. If you were to make a montage of the sport in its true form right now, there would be that guy. With his pill-headed smile and weasel cackle. It's just poetry.
Breaks maiden easy from the rail. Ships and wins easy in 1:22 flat. No indictments have hit.

Life is good.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Steve, I understand their decision making process, but I disagree with it - which is fine. In any case, I appreciate your thoughts on why they made the decision that they did.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo537 View Post
I think Crossbow would have been far from hopeless in here.

He certainly would have been a better play than the stretchout Trippi at 4/5.
I guess we'll never know; I'm sorry they didn't take their shot, but it's over and done with.

As to the Davona Dale, I guess those who were thinking of Ward's filly as a Derby type can now think again.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo537 View Post
Breaks maiden easy from the rail. Ships and wins easy in 1:22 flat. No indictments have hit.

Life is good.
God bless America. And broke race tracks and states. And crooked lawyers and trainers. And stupid people who believe in American justice.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Quote:
The connections are indefensible. Sorry. You guys can keep defending these a-holes with their monarch mentalities all you want.
Quote:
Steve, I understand their decision making process, but I disagree with it - which is fine. In any case, I appreciate your thoughts on why they made the decision that they did.
well if you won't call. Maybe I or Coach can call. this is important

btw

I need Bowman's Causeway to run 3rd
Old 02-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
God bless America. And broke race tracks and states. And crooked lawyers and trainers. And stupid people who believe in American justice.
If you don't like America, feel free to leave!!!!

I've always wanted to say that.

I'm with Pants and Betsy on this one.

Enough with the chickenshid scratching out of every freaking race in which conditions are not absolutely favorable to your horse.

Those are tactics you see in a second grade playground.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Coach Pants

Thieves used to lose their hands as punishment for stealing. Make no mistake, Dutrow is a low-level thief. He lived in a f.ucking stall for crying out loud. He'll do ANYTHING to win. The guy should be in the winners circle waving his nubs. To see that he has all 10 fingers is sickening.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Coach Pants

Dutrow trains Gourmet Dinner he wins by 15
Old 02-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Hialeah Park

LATE money thrown down on Soldat made him the 7/5 favorite.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 02-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
LATE money thrown down on Soldat made him the 7/5 favorite.
He was crushed in the double and pick 3.