Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Flemington

Wouldn't surprise me to see ArlJim try to sell a mink coat to a rat.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Hollywood Park

I'm done responding on the thread, because my opinions wont change and obviously many of yours wont either...no matter how many instances I expose...

In regards to seeking help transposing M/L odds from the Graded Entries, when you transpose 1 race, it might take a minute...when you transpose 3 full cards, it doesn't take 5 minutes...

Lastly, maybe? the errors are just that, typos...maybe? the stats I am looking for (for some reason) can't be accomodated all the time, wonderful...but the people that work at the DRF I think get paid, NO? They have a responsiblity to do their job correctly. Whether that job is pulling PP's for a horse and setting it up in a race card or writing blubs or writing columns. We are paying for this information and analysis.

I leave you with this, from Saturday's edition of the DRF, in the Preakness Profiles section...HEY BYRN...in the section labeled VALUE: (and I quote)" His double digit defeat at 10-1 odds against Big Brown in the Florida Derby, followed by his loss to Big Brown in the Kentucky Derby, dims his chances."

My 3 year old knows that Hey Byrn didn't run in the Kentucky Derby. My wife knows that Hey Byrn didn't run in the Kentucky Derby. A writer, and employee, for the DAILY RACING FORM doesn't know that Hey Byrn wasn't in the Kentucky Derby? Or is this just another "mistake" we should accept?

Are you shitting me?