Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Doreen View Post
Chuck, I'm just regretting that he got claimed - that's all.
Would you be regretting the claim if you were paying the monthly bills on him?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by phystech View Post
Would you be regretting the claim if you were paying the monthly bills on him?
I pretty much thought he was earning his keep - maybe not. It's not like we get any financial statements where we might understand things a lot better.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 01-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Chuck, I'm not questioning your putting him in a claiming race. I fully realize that's where he had to have been placed. I'm just regretting that he got claimed - that's all. Out of 4 horses in the partnership, we're down to one - Lloydobler. He has yet to break his maiden. The other two horses - Missus Mayflower and Run Burgandy didn't work out - they're off, hopefully, to green pastures elsewhere. So, of the 4 horses, Redboard King has done the best. That's all I'm saying. And, I truly hope the new owners/trainers are not racing an unsound horse if that's what he is.
We started with them as yearlings and they just turned 4. That is about how it goes. Look at the 4 and up maiden races at GP or FG. Filled with 300k yearlings that havent won yet. Lloyd has run some good races on a tough circuit. I'm pretty sure he could win conditioned 10 claimers. Redboard is what he is. It is a shame that Misses Mayflower couldn't stay sound enough to race because she was really fast and Run Burgandy was a longshot from the start. While we didn't set the world on fire, we won a couple and still have a horse running in NY. I don't think people understand how hard it is to try to take yearlings and develop them. We all see the stars and stakes horses but they are 5% of the lot. Dee Tee was created to give people a chance to be involved without much expense or risk, plain and simple. We as a group and individually are also responsible to protect our horses as much as we can. That means choosing to manage their issues or in the case of RB and MM, simply find better jobs for them. However ALL horses have imfirmities to some degree and IMO runnng RK as competitively as possible was a sound business decision. I dont have a crystal ball so I can't tell you that RBK is going to make 5 or 10 or 0 more starts. But like all horses that put forth any effort, he is going to have some problems down the line.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I pretty much thought he was earning his keep - maybe not. It's not like we get any financial statements where we might understand things a lot better.
With all due respect...why? People arent making stuff up when they say how much it costs to have horses in training.

All you have to do is ask and I will explain things. That is a whole lot cheaper than producing financial documents, especially since I am the one who has to pay for the lion's share of the bills.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Randwyck

This debate is getting into very muddy waters, and it was not my intention for that to happen. I'm not questioning anyone's veracity. I just stated that I'm sorry RBK god claimed and I wish he was still in the equation. It's not redboarding - check out the first page of this topic with my wish that he not get claimed and disappointed when he was.

Done!

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 01-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
This debate is getting into very muddy waters, and it was not my intention for that to happen. I'm not questioning anyone's veracity. I just stated that I'm sorry RBK god claimed and I wish he was still in the equation. It's not redboarding - check out the first page of this topic with my wish that he not get claimed and disappointed when he was.

Done!
Maybe you can claim him next time he runs.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Hollywood Park

Chuck:

You guys do a great job given the high costs involved. These partnerships provide alot of action for a relatively small buy-in.

It is appreciated!
Old 01-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Keep giving all this free advice and racing managers all over the world will be out of jobs
I could never replace Scavs he is spot on the money
Old 01-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
I could never replace Scavs he is spot on the money
Freddy your girl claimed Redboard King.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier View Post
OMG!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
I'm not sure if Sandee has all the great stuff that Steph has. If anyone will know, it will be Sir Freddy
Old 01-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
OMG!

I like redboard king to be movin forward..Real forward in 3 weeks. Once he is on "the program" we will see the real KING.. Go KING GO
Old 01-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
I'm not sure if Sandee has all the great stuff that Steph has. If anyone will know, it will be Sir Freddy
Sandee is a terrif"fix" trainer.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:46 AM
Santa Anita

http://www.facebook.com/notes/smarty...50091981615238

This popped up on my FB feed. The Smarty Jones page updates on offspring, however they finish. RBK was last in a field of 7. Claimed by Sandee Beattie for Michael Stouffer.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Maybe you can claim him next time he runs.
That wouldnt be a good idea.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:02 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
We started with them as yearlings and they just turned 4. That is about how it goes. Look at the 4 and up maiden races at GP or FG. Filled with 300k yearlings that havent won yet. Lloyd has run some good races on a tough circuit. I'm pretty sure he could win conditioned 10 claimers. Redboard is what he is. It is a shame that Misses Mayflower couldn't stay sound enough to race because she was really fast and Run Burgandy was a longshot from the start. While we didn't set the world on fire, we won a couple and still have a horse running in NY. I don't think people understand how hard it is to try to take yearlings and develop them. We all see the stars and stakes horses but they are 5% of the lot. Dee Tee was created to give people a chance to be involved without much expense or risk, plain and simple. We as a group and individually are also responsible to protect our horses as much as we can. That means choosing to manage their issues or in the case of RB and MM, simply find better jobs for them. However ALL horses have imfirmities to some degree and IMO runnng RK as competitively as possible was a sound business decision. I dont have a crystal ball so I can't tell you that RBK is going to make 5 or 10 or 0 more starts. But like all horses that put forth any effort, he is going to have some problems down the line.
Your finest post. People have no clue how lucky you have to be.

Assuming someone bought 6 yearlings all whiched had good conformation, pedigree and vetted clean if 3 made money it would be awesome. I don't care if they are 15k, 150k or 1.5mil a piece, its just impossible to do anything but try your best and pray!

We dealt with this in July and Aug, last year. How many La Penta/Zito 200kplus yearling were culled in 5k-20k mdn races at Suffolk this summer? Zito had a ton of success with Lapenta and still at least 5 or 6 were complete frogs. It is what it is.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
That wouldnt be a good idea.
Poor baby misses Chuck and Susan.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Poor baby misses Chuck and Susan.
I promise you RBK is in very good hands. The barn is very well kept and Sandee Beattie is a horse lover. She kisses and hugs her horses like pets. Make no mistake though it is a business and RBK is going to be given every opportunity to shine and my bet is he will run very well for his new connection. Without the fine work of Chuck and his staff he would never be the horse he is.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I promise you RBK is in very good hands. The barn is very well kept and Sandee Beattie is a horse lover. She kisses and hugs her horses like pets. Make no mistake though it is a business and RBK is going to be given every opportunity to shine and my bet is he will run very well for his new connection. Without the fine work of Chuck and his staff he would never be the horse he is.
OMG!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

WOW

just WOW