Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
oh, just hush and give her your lunch money.

I agree with Indian Charlie.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...mproves-friday

another update, with more details than what drf had. another update will come sometime this evening. hope things continue forwardly.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post

I agree with Indian Charlie.
i recognized the futility months ago, which is why i availed myself of the ignore feature.
probably for the best, so i can't see her reply to me inferring she's a jackass in the 'study' thread. truly, it was beneath me, as i'm sure the study is a necessary one.
the devil made me do it.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
i recognized the futility months ago, which is why i availed myself of the ignore feature.
Except you lie constantly about using it - for example, to write "you're a jackass" in a thread about a new surgical procedure for horses.

Yeah. You should be really proud of that, Danzig. Trolling that thread, and your starting crap in this thread, shows all of us here on Derby Trail exactly what type of person you really are
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 09-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Except you lie constantly about using it - for example, to write "you're a jackass" in a thread about a new surgical procedure for horses.

Yeah. You should be really proud of that, Danzig. Trolling that thread, and your starting crap in this thread, shows all of us here on Derby Trail exactly what type of person you really are
You should be as equally proud of how you manage to bring out the worst in everyone that deals with you.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/rac...ay-update.aspx

didn't see anything new on paynter on drf, bloodhorse...but did find this, from yesterday evening.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/rac...ay-update.aspx

didn't see anything new on paynter on drf, bloodhorse...but did find this, from yesterday evening.
TB Times and DRF should hand out tin foil hats to people before they're allowed to comment. Apparently "Jean" has insights into Paynter's gut that nobody else does. Put her in touch with his vet. We can't let someone with her (or "lindsay"s) God given medical knowledge escape.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
TB Times and DRF should hand out tin foil hats to people before they're allowed to comment. Apparently "Jean" has insights into Paynter's gut that nobody else does. Put her in touch with his vet. We can't let someone with her (or "lindsay"s) God given medical knowledge escape.

speaking of drf and stupid comments, check out the ones at the bottom of the emcee article. apparently zito should have known not to run jackson bend yesterday.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
speaking of drf and stupid comments, check out the ones at the bottom of the emcee article. apparently zito should have known not to run jackson bend yesterday.
Zito dared to run a perfectly healthy horse? The nerve! I can't believe Jackson Bend wouldn't have been subjected to thorough tests, x-rays, etc. to make sure he was okay. I'm not sure how they were supposed to figure out that there was any mental effects from the incident other than running him. A horsie psychologist? Maybe he needs a confidence booster as opposed to a graded stakes race, but whatever it is, I'm sure Nick will figure it out.

How long did it take Slew to recover from colitis before he came back to the races?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
You should be as equally proud of how you manage to bring out the worst in everyone that deals with you.
Aw, such ignorance. I deal with hundreds of people a month, from trainers to owners to hotwalkers to assistants, and I'm thought of as quite a very nice person, thanks

But if you want to insist that me posting a notice about a new surgical study available to horses forced Danzig (who never reads my posts and has me on ignore, according to her) forced poor Danzig to go to that thread by a person she never reads, and forced her to post "you're a jackass" in that thread, and you want to maintain that her rudeness and nastiness was my fault (gee - I guess for daring to post the thread?) - then I guess there is zero hope for you - or Danzig - for ever taking responsibility for your own actions.

GFY, Rude.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 09-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Keeneland

Update from late this morning on Twitter:

Quote:
Update: Our angel Dr. Javiscas VMD, DACVIM. reports that Paynters temperature has been normal.

His White blood count is normal. He is brighter today.

Still has diarrhea, his protein levels have dropped so we have him more plasma last night and it has improved this morning.

Appetite is fair. We are trying new foods. We will update more later today Paynter heading in right direction. Long way to go. As soon as his diarrhea improves we will take him out to graze
Old 09-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
Zito dared to run a perfectly healthy horse? The nerve! I can't believe Jackson Bend wouldn't have been subjected to thorough tests, x-rays, etc. to make sure he was okay. I'm not sure how they were supposed to figure out that there was any mental effects from the incident other than running him. A horsie psychologist? Maybe he needs a confidence booster as opposed to a graded stakes race, but whatever it is, I'm sure Nick will figure it out.

How long did it take Slew to recover from colitis before he came back to the races?
i'm thinking slew got sick in december of his three year old season. i'd have to look to be sure, but of course he did race several times at four-and imo was a better horse than he was at three.

nope, just looked, it was mid january of his 4 year old season.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Saratoga

Another update...

A.ZAYAT‏@jazz3162

So all in all with his improved attitude,demeanor,his normal blood work and chemistry I am getting a huge sigh of relief. @JustinZayat

23mA.ZAYAT‏@jazz3162

His temperature and blood are both normal. His feet are perfect. It seems that Paynter has taken a big step today. @JustinZayat

A.ZAYAT‏@jazz3162

In fact he was fighting her as she tried to do an ultrasound on him. His appetite has increased and his attitude is playful @JustinZayat

24mA.ZAYAT‏@jazz3162

Paynter update: Our warrior is being himself for the first time today. He is no longer timid with Laura in his stall. @JustinZayat

http://es.twitter.com/jazz3162
Old 09-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Oriental Park

Not looking great this morning. From twitter:

A.ZAYAT*@jazz31621h@JustinZayat*report in detail when I know all my facts

*A.ZAYAT*@jazz31621h@JustinZayat*rollercoaster. I am mentally drained as well as Laura, poor paynter. I hope it resolves itself in the next few hours. I will

*A.ZAYAT*@jazz31621h@JustinZayat*
Paynter update: Doesn't look like a good morning, the vets are working through some issues, can not take this emotional
Old 09-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Dee Tee Stables

like chuck said on page two of this thread, things can get better and then almost immediately get worse. when news is good, i try to temper my optimism with knowing it might just be a brief up on the roller coaster ride. and on the downs-hope that it's temporary!
poor paynter.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
like chuck said on page two of this thread, things can get better and then almost immediately get worse. when news is good, i try to temper my optimism with knowing it might just be a brief up on the roller coaster ride. and on the downs-hope that it's temporary!
poor paynter.
Yeah as long as I kept hearing he still had diarrhea, I wasn't getting my hopes up that the upswing was going to continue. Baffert had tweeted a couple times a day earlier how amazed he was with Paynter's fight.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.drf.com/news/saratoga-pay...-complications

that's the latest update i've seen, and it's not good.
paynter has developed an infection at the site where they inserted a catheter; he also has some blood clots.

some comments from zayat, from brisnet:

Zayat updated Paynter's fans once again via his Twitter page, beginning his series of posts at approximately 6 p.m. (EDT):

"Paynter continues to fight bravely his colitis. Today has been a tough day.

"He is giving us mixed signals. While his appetite has improved and his temperature is normal. His blood work has been good. Today we had to deal with new issues that arose at the first time.

"He has developed an infection where the catheter is placed, and his angel Laura (Dr. Javsicas) was having a hard time finding an unswollen vein to insert it.

"It is important because this is where he gets his nutrients (and) medications.

"Other problem for the first time. He has developed some clotting in his blood veins as a result of low protein. We have been treating him with plasma.

"It has been an emotional tough day for Laura and myself as we are not dealing with issues that apply to comfort and pain. We need to be very careful of how to deal with those serious issues.

"I personally have ZERO tolerance for the word suffering. It is important that we give our warrior a chance to fight and battle his illness but also keeping our eye on our goal, which is to get him healthy and happy but not at any cost.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Louisiana Downs

I am praying for this magnificent racehorses full recovery. What an awful thing to have! And my thoughts and prayers go out to his connections.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Coach Pants

I didn't go on twitter but I'm going to predict what the tweets are like today...

*PAYNTER*@jazz31621h@JustinZayat*Reports of my demise? Neigh. I'm just ducking Alpha.

*PAYNTER*@jazz31621h@JustinZayat*Saw the strangest thing this morning...A woman was being carried on a litter.

*PAYNTER*@jazz31621h@JustinZayat*Turns out it was Jill #smdh
Old 09-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Santa Anita

Doesn't sound good. Laminitis has set in. 3 of 4 legs.

Quote:
A.ZAYAT‏@jazz3162: @JustinZayat Paynter update: Paynter situation continues to get worse. He had a bad night and not such a good morning. I have spent...significant time speaking to his angel Dr. Laura as well as Dr. Mark Cheney and other renowned vets all over the country..Unfortunately we have a very sick horse. who has developed serious complications in the last 24 hours. Other than fighting ...bravely his colitis, he continues to have Diarrhea as well as his protein blood level is very low. we continue to give him ...plasma to help him out. His blood work continues to be good as well as his temp so on a stand alone basis he is fighting ...bravely and hard the colitis and we he continues to make some progress fighting that disease on the other hand as I have ...explained in my tweets yesterday that he is developing a new issue about his veins being swollen. a disease that is called ...DIC which stands for disseminated intravascular coagulopathy the most concerning news is as of last night he started becoming...sore on his left foot and was scared to turn around and walk on it.. unfortunately we only thought it was some swelling and a ...eczema but it has worsened because today he has been diagnosed with our nightmare scenario of laminitis it seems it is rapidly...progressing after taking additoinal xrays of the foot and discussing with some foot experts. Dr. Laura have found out that he ...has developed it in 3 of his 4 legs, which is heartbreaking. Poor Paynter, i dont know how long he can fight this out so bravely...without having pain and suffering. so far laura is very conscious of that and having his pain under control. But we need to look ...at all these problems. My deep concern is that he if he is a healthy horse he can fight laminitis since it is the beginning ...but to be a sick horse and fight all these issues all at once, it is asking for too much. We need to be compassionate and ...merciful and treat our star with the respect and love that he deserves while giving him the best chance in fighting for his life ...please pray. those are very detailed tweets. as i am at loss in whats the right thing to do here but i will leave it up to his ...caring and loving vet to decide what are the right courses of action. please pray for pain free paynter.