Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrift1
summer bird nice win. and looking good !!!!! well RA looks real good after this
I agree. That makes her look even that much better.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
You would think that would be the logical next step.
We're a bit tight to the Travers, but by design because it's a quiet weekend and we've never really battled for Travers horses. Figures, we make the call and now this... but it's home for Dr. J and Tim Ice, so we'll see.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
You would think that would be the logical next step.

So much for Kensai/Quality Road's championship hopes. Thank God.
Amen. I do think QR is a good horse. But he was not given a fair chance to do his best today. I could never believe the people that have been saying he's the best we've seen in awhile. I guess it depends on how awhile is defined because I don't think he was better than Big Brown last year or Curlin the year before or Bernardini the year before that or Afleet Alex the year before that or Smarty Jones the year before that.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 08-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Stone
We're a bit tight to the Travers, but by design because it's a quiet weekend and we've never really battled for Travers horses. Figures, we make the call and now this... but it's home for Dr. J and Tim Ice, so we'll see.
Yeah three weeks is close.
Flemington

Quote:
I don't think they are going to the BC so it might be a good reason to send him down there?

Quote:
Thing is, it might be tight for the Super Derby but I don't think he has to be 100% to beat what will be there or maybe not even 90% and it would give him plenty of time to recover before the BC.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 08-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
Amen. I do think QR is a good horse. But he was not given a fair chance to do his best today. I could never believe the people that have been saying he's the best we've seen in awhile. I guess it depends on how awhile is defined because I don't think he was better than Big Brown last year or Curlin the year before or Bernardini the year before that or Afleet Alex the year before that or Smarty Jones the year before that.
That is what happens when owners pick races and trainers have to try to figure out how to get them there.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
He won races with the worst non-bug rider in America, he basically had no rider for his first 5 races
Chris Rosier? In all credit to Kent I think he rode him well here, he knew he had the best horse and just made sure he no one snuck away on him and thus he made an early move, there were no confirmed closers in this field so once he made the lead in the stretch it was just a matter of him not standing up at the 1/16th pole.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Sha Tin

I'd take him in the Gold Cup against the opt 75 claimers that make up the older horse division.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC
Chris Rosario? In all credit to Kent I think he rode him well here, he knew he had the best horse and just made sure he no one snuck away on him and thus he made an early move, there were no confirmed closers in this field so once he made the lead in the stretch it was just a matter of him not standing up at the 1/16th pole.
Rosier. Kent rode him like he had the best horse, which he did.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

trying not to get ahead of myself. sloppy track today . RA still has to win the woodward which anything can happen but her getting beaten by this group of older seems impossible as great as she is. you have to just think the BC needs a boot in azz that the BCC is not being run on dirt to solidify RA as one of the greatest
Old 08-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Don't you have to have a winner and second place finisher to have the exacta?
BTW, I usually don't bet large win bets unless I am feeling really good about my chances, the other big win bet I remember making was coincidentally in the slop also on Empire Maker in the Belmont, he was 2nd choice to Funny Cide. In both cases I believed they were the better horses and luckily it worked out both times.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC
No, I just bet SB to win. Not to get too personal but it was a good amount of change.
congrats on the hit. i liked his chances also. i guess all those reports jeff seigel commented on this mourning on how a lot of people at saratoga were saying SB was looking horrible are scratching thier heads.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:28 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
congrats on the hit. i liked his chances also. i guess all those reports jeff seigel commented on this mourning on how a lot of people at saratoga were saying SB was looking horrible are scratching thier heads.
Looked awful didn't he?
Old 08-29-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Anyone who listens to that stuff deserves to lose their money. Watchmaker was saying the same thing, that he was concerned about how well he's trained for this. These guys are just giving their opinions and I've always believed that people who rely on the opinions of others and can't trust their own opinions, especially if they've been at it awhile, deserve to lose.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
Looked awful didn't he?
yeah i think he was thinking about changing his mind i think after all he heard
Old 08-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
yeah i think he was thinking about changing his mind i think after all he heard
I'm thinkin about a Kansas City strip at the Char house
Old 08-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
I don't know why he would report that, I heard the opposite. That reminds me of the time when there were reports on High Chaparral looking awful the week of the BC(his 2nd) in which he ran great. Sometimes it's hard to take anything at face value and you just have to do your own work and analysis.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
Anyone who listens to that stuff deserves to lose their money. Watchmaker was saying the same thing, that he was concerned about how well he's trained for this. These guys are just giving their opinions and I've always believed that people who rely on the opinions of others and can't trust their own opinions, especially if they've been at it awhile, deserve to lose.
i agree . first thing comes to mind was my gut feeling on dynaforce in the beverly d
Old 08-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
I'm thinkin about a Kansas City strip at the Char house
okay , how fast can you get there i think i can get the van up to 90 mph on the interstate. your making me hungry. that was some good steak !!!!!