Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
Of course he will, he lives here. Aldridge is a fine player, but come on...he isn't in the same class as KD right now. Lebron is still the better player, but he is coasting.
I was only messing with you. It's a two horse race.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier View Post
I was only messing with you. It's a two horse race.
I figured. I am a fan of Aldridge, really stepped it up this year...not to mention he caused Pop to get himself ejected last night!
Old 01-18-2014, 01:44 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Of course he will, he lives here. Aldridge is a fine player, but come on...he isn't in the same class as KD right now. Lebron is still the better player, but he is coasting.
Durant will get his. Lebron is 29, Durant is 25. In 4 years it will be KD's turn and he will have every chance to win a few. Bye then Lebron will be 33 and will have literally played an insane amount of ball. Deep playoff runs every year, Olympics, etc.
Maybe the two of them even hook up. Because Lebron not selfish he seems like he will age very well. I can see Lebron doing 20 7 and 7 at 37 years old.

Last edited by RockHardTen1985 : 01-18-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Durant will get his. Lebron is 29, Durant is 25. In 4 years it will be KD's turn and he will have every chance to win a few. Bye then Lebron will be 33 and will have literally played an insane amount of ball. Deep playoff runs every year, Olympics, etc.
Maybe the two of them even hook up. Because Lebros not selfish he seems like he will age very well. I can see Lebrom doing 20 7 and 7 at 37 years old.
Pretty sure he is the frontrunner for MVP right now, why does he have to wait four years?
Old 01-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Pretty sure he is the frontrunner for MVP right now, why does he have to wait four years?
Right now he's clear cut. I'm talking about a Championship.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
What's you're thoughts on Reggie Jackson?? Seeing full games 3x lately, I'm not a fan.
Maybe that's why Brooks plays Fischer??
I often wonder what game you watch....
Old 01-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Reggie is decent, but he was better suited to the 6th man role than a starting point guard. He has played a lot better the last couple. One thing is for sure, he has saved the Thunder a lot of money on his new contract.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...s-jackson-five

"In the ten games since Jackson has assumed starting duties, not one of his 10 matches has shot better than 50% from the field and only one shot better than 40%."
Old 01-18-2014, 03:05 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
One thing is for sure, he has saved the Thunder a lot of money on his new contract.
You are joking right? Brandon Jennings is a lifetime 39% shooter that has weak PG skills and doesnt play defense. He got 8 million a year on the open market this year. That is probably the starting point for Jackson if he stays healthy. OKC has him tied up for 2 more years.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
You are joking right? Brandon Jennings is a lifetime 39% shooter that has weak PG skills and doesnt play defense. He got 8 million a year on the open market this year. That is probably the starting point for Jackson if he stays healthy. OKC has him tied up for 2 more years.
Yeah, but people around here were thinking he was going to be a 13-14 million a year type guy. Of course he can turn it around, long way to go, but he hasn't looked nearly as good as a starter.

He is a RFA after next year, right when Perkins comes off the books.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...s-jackson-five

"In the ten games since Jackson has assumed starting duties, not one of his 10 matches has shot better than 50% from the field and only one shot better than 40%."
Are you saying he has played good defense? Because Scott Brooks would STRONGLY disagree. He has been benched for more than once in games lately. The Thunder don't really play man on man, they switch everything. They don't double. Jackson has not been doing what he is supposed to do out there.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Are you saying he has played good defense? Because Scott Brooks would STRONGLY disagree. He has been benched for more than once in games lately. The Thunder don't really play man on man, they switch everything. They don't double. Jackson has not been doing what he is supposed to do out there.
He like to shot and he turns the ball over. Like I said I watched two full Thunder games this week. More then once I have watched KD loudly clap for the ball and be visually upset. This being while Jackson is dribbling, basically ignores Durant and throws something wild up.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:10 PM
Flemington

2 of the other 3 top NBA players having big games early tonight. Saw Durant and want to go off. Ones a total beat down so I doubt the #'s get that big....
Old 01-19-2014, 01:08 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Yeah, but people around here were thinking he was going to be a 13-14 million a year type guy. Of course he can turn it around, long way to go, but he hasn't looked nearly as good as a starter.

He is a RFA after next year, right when Perkins comes off the books.
People around there are a little nuts then. What could anyone have seen to make them think that? Ibaka makes that and he is one of the 3 or 4 best players at his position in the league.

Being a RFA is not really like being a FA. If the team makes him a qualifying offer (which they almost certainly will) they have the right to match any offers he gets. The only time teams dont match is when guys get ridiculous offers (Landry Fields!) or they would rather ditch the guy (Brandon Jennings) and do a sign and trade.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:09 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
He like to shot and he turns the ball over. Like I said I watched two full Thunder games this week. More then once I have watched KD loudly clap for the ball and be visually upset. This being while Jackson is dribbling, basically ignores Durant and throws something wild up.
oh ok. He must suck then because no good player ever has a bad game and Durant has never played with another player that ignores him and takes a bad shot...
Old 01-19-2014, 01:15 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
The numbers are pretty clear. I'm not sure what else to say?

I'm absolutely confounded by your man to man and switching statement. What does that mean? You think that Jackson's guy has just been the victim of an unusual number of switches, not good defense? Do other NBA teams not switch? Is the switch not an absolute tenant of man to man defense anymore? If Jackson is so bad or isnt doing what he is supposed to why has his unit given up so few points, even better than Westbrook's unit?
Old 01-19-2014, 01:49 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Assuming that the two games you saw this week were against Houston and Golden State.
Jackson's combined line from those 2 games
37 points
17-32 FG's (55%)
15-22 on 2 point shots (68%)
1-1 FT's
4 reb
10 assists
9 steals
5 turnovers
Old 01-19-2014, 09:57 AM
Flemington

You're up at 3 in the morning trying to reason the logic of PG1985?
Old 01-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
So I found the article that talks about how opposing guards have "torched" Jackson using examples by name of the following guys.

Rubio was 4-13
Lawson was 7-16
Kemba Walker 6-17
Lillard 6-15
Deron Williams 10-17

Combined 33 for 78
Old 01-19-2014, 10:36 AM
Sha Tin

Chris Paul is really even better than people think (the ones that understand that he is good not overrated because he has commercials)

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingP...ilters=GP*G*20

The tracking stats are just insanely good. I wish we had access to the rest of the data as they only give us a small %.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:54 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
I wish we had access to the rest of the data as they only give us a small %.
The NBA really has really done a great job with all the stats and information they've made available to fans. The video box scores they recently unveiled are great and the tracking stats are fantastic. What was the rest of the data you were talking about?