Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-28-2011, 08:24 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
wow. if she's elected I'm out of here. I dont need Jesus-based policy making in my future.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord007 View Post
Lol...hardly...I just love my country...hope it comes back one of these decades
Old 06-28-2011, 09:00 AM
The Curragh

Lightbulb

Quote:
I don't think it's fun. This country is doomed.
Politician: bullshiat artists. Every one of them. The few that are doing any real good for this country go unnoticed. I cant name any of those off the top of head. Consider this: Is there really any difference between the standard responses of a politician vs. a beauty pageant contestant?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43570552...decision_2012/

The $161,000 in payments from the Minnesota Department of Human Services to her husband's clinic appear to contradict some of Michelle Bachmann's public accounts this week when she was first asked about the extent to which her family has benefited from government aid. Contacted this afternoon, Alice Stewart, a spokeswoman for Bachmann, said the congresswoman was doing campaign events and was not immediately available for comment.

Questions about the Bachmann family's receipt of government funds arose this week after a Los Angeles Times story reported that a family farm in which Michelle Bachmann is a partner had received nearly $260,000 in federal farm subsidies
Old 06-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
Exactly the world we live in today makes your head spin.....
Old 06-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
wow. if she's elected I'm out of here. I dont need Jesus-based policy making in my future.
Cher said that also!!......still around....
Old 06-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord007 View Post
Exactly the world we live in today makes your head spin.....
Post something of substance...I like the WORLD.....I just don't like the u.s and how backwards we are about some things
Old 06-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Aren't you a little more worried that she doesn't think you have the same rights as every other citizen?

Don't be "outta here" - you need to join in the fight against unconstitutional, unpatriot, un-American bullshiat like the above.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 06-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Coach Pants

How about protesting s.hit that really matters like unconstitutional wars? And lets not bulls.hit over it by saying Libya, Yemen, Afghanistan and Iraq aren't wars. Not to mention in the coming months and years it will include Syria, Iran and covert ops to get India and China fighting amongst themselves.

It's all setting the stage for WWIII.

Gay rights are important but it's not life or death.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
How about protesting s.hit that really matters like unconstitutional wars? And lets not bulls.hit over it by saying Libya, Yemen, Afghanistan and Iraq aren't wars. Not to mention in the coming months and years it will include Syria, Iran and covert ops to get India and China fighting amongst themselves.

It's all setting the stage for WWIII.

Gay rights are important but it's not life or death.
True. After the past 10 years, we have war fatigue. The country should have rose up en masse during Bush and Iraq, but we bought it hook, line and sinker. It's hard to keep up a fight against that. My generation started with Viet Nam. We're tired. And those coming afterwards don't seem to care as much. I don't know why.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 06-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
True. After the past 10 years, we have war fatigue. The country should have rose up en masse during Bush and Iraq, but we bought it hook, line and sinker. It's hard to keep up a fight against that. My generation started with Viet Nam. We're tired. And those coming afterwards don't seem to care as much. I don't know why.
I've talked to a few guys serving and they've all been on multiple tours. Some of them are emotionally gone, Riot. Off the reservation so to speak. Remember that the first gulf war gave us Timothy McVeigh. He was considered a hero for his service.

They're unjust wars and the blowback will be tremendous.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I've talked to a few guys serving and they've all been on multiple tours. Some of them are emotionally gone, Riot. Off the reservation so to speak.
Precisely. I agree completely. Why did we let this happen to us?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Precisely. I agree completely. Why did we let this happen to us?
Revenge.

Mission accomplished, eh?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43573008..._central_asia/

Cost of US wars since 9/11? At least $3.7 trillion, study finds
224,000 people have died directly from warfare and 7.8 million people have been displaced

When President Barack Obama cited cost as a reason to bring troops home from Afghanistan, he referred to a $1 trillion price tag for America's wars.

Staggering as it is, that figure grossly underestimates the total cost of wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan to the U.S. Treasury and ignores more imposing costs yet to come, according to a study released Wednesday.

The final bill will reach at least $3.7 trillion and could be as high as $4.4 trillion, according to the research project "Costs of War" by Brown University's Watson Institute for International Studies.

In the 10 years since U.S. troops went into Afghanistan to root out the al-Qaida leaders behind the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, spending on the conflicts totaled $2.3 trillion to $2.7 trillion.

Those numbers will continue to soar when considering often overlooked costs such as long-term obligations to wounded veterans and projected war spending from 2012 through 2020.

The estimates do not include at least $1 trillion more in interest payments coming due and many billions more in expenses that cannot be counted, according to the study.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Aren't you a little more worried that she doesn't think you have the same rights as every other citizen?

Don't be "outta here" - you need to join in the fight against unconstitutional, unpatriot, un-American bullshiat like the above.
that would require me taking on all of washington.

she has no chance of being elected, so it will be okay. someone else will just continue to screw up the country, and the rest of us will pay. but at least that someone else wont hate gays as much as her.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
that would require me taking on all of washington.

she has no chance of being elected, so it will be okay. someone else will just continue to screw up the country, and the rest of us will pay. but at least that someone else wont hate gays as much as her.
Just stop voting for them.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Just stop voting for them.
you are right, I have been thinking about sitting out this election unless Ron Paul or Newt somehow make the ticket. But that wont happen. I might vote for Romney.. but that will still be the same as it was taking the puppet strings off Bush and putting the puppet strings on Obama, it would just be moving the strings to Romney. If Bachmann or Palin somehow make the ticket, I may actually vote for Obama.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
you are right, I have been thinking about sitting out this election unless Ron Paul or Newt somehow make the ticket. But that wont happen. I might vote for Romney.. but that will still be the same as it was taking the puppet strings off Bush and putting the puppet strings on Obama, it would just be moving the strings to Romney. If Bachmann or Palin somehow make the ticket, I may actually vote for Obama.
I think Ron Paul will get on the ticket as an independent, won't he? Long way to go yet.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43573008..._central_asia/

Cost of US wars since 9/11? At least $3.7 trillion, study finds
224,000 people have died directly from warfare and 7.8 million people have been displaced

When President Barack Obama cited cost as a reason to bring troops home from Afghanistan, he referred to a $1 trillion price tag for America's wars.

Staggering as it is, that figure grossly underestimates the total cost of wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan to the U.S. Treasury and ignores more imposing costs yet to come, according to a study released Wednesday.

The final bill will reach at least $3.7 trillion and could be as high as $4.4 trillion, according to the research project "Costs of War" by Brown University's Watson Institute for International Studies.

In the 10 years since U.S. troops went into Afghanistan to root out the al-Qaida leaders behind the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, spending on the conflicts totaled $2.3 trillion to $2.7 trillion.

Those numbers will continue to soar when considering often overlooked costs such as long-term obligations to wounded veterans and projected war spending from 2012 through 2020.

The estimates do not include at least $1 trillion more in interest payments coming due and many billions more in expenses that cannot be counted, according to the study.
The cost of having Islam in this world is sadly immense.