Old 01-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Lincoln Fields

DEAD HEAT for third lol
Old 01-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Turf Paradise

Default jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Just couldn't get clear and actually run....never could stretch her legs until the end....

10 might come down
KNS needs a new pilot.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Keeneland

Lets see the replay - she had run, had to stop it and cut outside after it was started - Rosie placed her perfectly but looks like a horse came in on her.

Great effort! She ran up a little closer today. Placed perfectly with this bunch, she'll get her win! In the money and close up twice in a row, not too shabby!
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 01-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Just couldn't get clear and actually run....never could stretch her legs until the end....

10 might come down
I saw that coming when they were going down the backstretch... boxed in and couldn't break free from it.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Churchill Downs

not for anything guys but the horse ran fantastic i think, but the jock is another thing. i know it is easy to blame the jock but i would only use homeister on a horse that would either drag her to the front or stalk up close on the outside. the combo of ward and averil is very hard to beat though. your horse showed alot today
Old 01-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:

10 might come down

10 might come down ?

What race were you watching ?

Problem with Homeister is she isnt an aggressive rider. Put a better jock on the horse and next time out ya might get to the winners circle. That being said nobody was beating the winner.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Keeneland

I thought she looked pretty good down there - two off the rail, stayed in touch just off the pace. She was clear at the head of the stretch, but the ten came over and crowded the seven into her, then she had to get out around the 10. Rosie rode good.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkniska
I saw that coming when they were going down the backstretch... boxed in and couldn't break free from it.
Not to mention that she ran evenly the whole way around. Her signature late burst was just not there today. If there was any doubt as to who the winner would be, those questions were answered on the backstretch, approaching the turn with the 10 making her sweeping move like that. Everyone else was vieing for second.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Not to mention that she ran evenly the whole way around. Her signature late burst was just not there today. If there was any doubt as to who the winner would be, those questions were answered on the backstretch, approaching the turn with the 10 making her sweeping move like that. Everyone else was vieing for second.
I agree, nobody was beating the 10 today.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Fairgrounds

The 10 definitely came over but certainly not enough to come down.

KnS definitely doesn't run her best until she gets open and away from traffic. I would argue she needs to be placed out wide in the last turn even if it means giving up ground to get that late kick started earlier. I think she can duplicate the same trip the 10 had.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:03 PM
The Curragh

Another game effort for Dee Tee.

Wish we avoided the dead heat, but she looked good.

Hoping to fly to Tampa for next one! Homefully we get a field more like last time...
Old 01-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Lincoln Fields

just watched the head-on KNS coulda thrown in the towel after the jostling there, almost thought for a split second was gonna, but didn't - tough little filly, was a very very game effort - congrats to the winner and to us for our deadheat third, and we still get to keep our condition, yes !!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Keeneland

I think KNS closing kick was there, she and the 10 started at the same time coming off the turn, but after 4 strides KNS had to interrupt and go out when the 10-7 came in on her. Bad racing luck. 7 fell back, then KNS had to go outside the 10 to get clear and restart. The margin between them pretty much stayed the same as they both hit their best. Good race, 10 won, finishing strong.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:11 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

lets face facts she was in tough today..and ran well.. but..her win spot was last time out.....great try..
Old 01-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Her late burst wasn't there because she was racing against much better horses. That 10 wins that race 99 times out of 100. Running third was a very good performance here and likely another career best performance.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Keeneland

This is why I love turf racing - so much happens in the last 2 furlongs!

Thanks to Chuck, team DT, and Rosie for a great effort!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Jerome Park

she ran wonderful against some tough horses! Go KNS!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Keeneland

Free daily race replay already up on www.tampabaydowns.com
Old 01-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Saratoga

Congrats to all of you.

Next time!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Saratoga

The 10 seemed to be the best, but did come in a little, bumped the 7 and the 7 bumped into her, then came in a bit again. I am not saying the 10 should have come down, but I am surprised that they didn't take any look at it. That being said, the 10 was tough today. She ran well considering the trip, picks up another check, hopefully next time. A little more ground and she probably gets second as the 3 was faltering at the end. Is it me or is the stretch fairly short at Tampa?