Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar1966 View Post
Your saying it was Palin's fault? If someone told you to rob a bank are you going to rob it?
Hitler never actually gassed anyone himself, so with your Distorted Logic he wasn't responsible for the Holocaust? So the gunsites are ok by you and you can't see how it sends a negative message?
Old 01-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Doreen View Post
Ah, yes, freedom of speech is very much not in favor by some here at DT.
Who said anything about freedom of speech? You exercised your right by saying you believe in the devil, and I exercised mine by saying you're full of s.hit. What's the problem.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Hitler never actually gassed anyone himself, so with your Distorted Logic he wasn't responsible for the Holocaust? So the gunsites are ok by you and you can't see how it sends a negative message?
Didnt Obama tell this country not to jump to any conclusions? I never did say that the I was ok with the map that Palin put up. Your wanting to put words in my mouth or ASSUME go right on ahead and do so. It's not the 1st time you have tried to put words in my mouth and im sure it wont be the last time. I also never said anything about approving the gunsites. If you want to think that I approve go right on ahead, trust me I will continue to sleep good at night.

HAVE A NICE DAY.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Who said anything about freedom of speech? You exercised your right by saying you believe in the devil, and I exercised mine by saying you're full of s.hit. What's the problem.
You have selective reading problems. I already said that you had the right to disagree with me. However, calling someone nuts of FoS because you disagree with them is definitely devil rhetoric.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 01-09-2011, 02:15 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Only on Nerdy Trail.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Flemington

Thank goodness for people like Daniel Hernandez who can act in a tragic situation:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thetic...-giffords-life
Old 01-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Flemington

Quote:
You have selective reading problems. I already said that you had the right to disagree with me. However, calling someone nuts of FoS because you disagree with them is definitely devil rhetoric.
you lost me at FoS
Old 01-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Keeneland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV9AQ4ncuac
Old 01-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
you lost me at FoS
Not only selective reading but can't remember what you post.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 01-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/wei...-actually.aspx

Among the people who gave the impression that these were targets: Sarah Palin. When she announced the list in a tweet, she wrote "don't retreat, instead - RELOAD!" I'm not an expert surveyor, but I'm not sure what sort of tools need reloading. Jonathan Martin points out that after the election, Palin tweeted about her success (18 of the seats went to the GOP) by saying "remember months ago 'bullseye' icon used 2 target the 20 Obamacare-lovin' incumbent seats?" Throughout 2010, when Palin was criticized for the target map, she either didn't respond or mocked the "lamestream media" for interpreting her gun metaphors as calls for violence. At the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, for example, she got big applause when she said "Don't retreat, reload -- and that is not a call for violence!" The media wasn't going to force her to stop using the gun line.

yeah, they're just surveryor marks.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/wei...-actually.aspx

Among the people who gave the impression that these were targets: Sarah Palin. When she announced the list in a tweet, she wrote "don't retreat, instead - RELOAD!" I'm not an expert surveyor, but I'm not sure what sort of tools need reloading. Jonathan Martin points out that after the election, Palin tweeted about her success (18 of the seats went to the GOP) by saying "remember months ago 'bullseye' icon used 2 target the 20 Obamacare-lovin' incumbent seats?" Throughout 2010, when Palin was criticized for the target map, she either didn't respond or mocked the "lamestream media" for interpreting her gun metaphors as calls for violence. At the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, for example, she got big applause when she said "Don't retreat, reload -- and that is not a call for violence!" The media wasn't going to force her to stop using the gun line.

yeah, they're just surveryor marks.
except this nut was a liberal left-wing!

"​A classmate of the man accused of shooting Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords this morning describes him as "left wing" and a "pot head" in a series of posts on Twitter this afternoon.

She describes him as "quite liberal" and as a "political radical."

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/val...d_shooter.php#

So as it turns out Palin had NOTHING to do with this but never let the truth stand in the way of 'progression'.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:51 PM
arizonadave

The second man of interest was the cab driver who drove him there.He was released after talking to police.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
The right calls anyone who disagrees with them nuts..PKB
Old 01-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
The left calls anyone who disagrees with them nuts..PKB
FTFY!

Old 01-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
FTFY!
No Princess..I think not. And you know that
Old 01-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
The right calls anyone who disagrees with them nuts..PKB
PKB "Panstwowy Korpus Bezpieczenstwa"

How you be?
Old 01-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Flemington

I agree with Pima Co. Sheriff Dupnik who said this:

"I think the vitriolic rhetoric that we hear day in and day out from people in the radio business and some people in the TV business and what (we) see on TV and how our youngsters are being raised, that this has not become the nice United States of America that most of us grew up in. And I think it's time that we do the soul-searching," the sheriff said.

Full article,from Fox news even:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...e-free-speech/
Old 01-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2 View Post
PKB "Panstwowy Korpus Bezpieczenstwa"

How you be?
Packers Kick Butt

Very well Kev..thnx man
Old 01-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
No Princess..I think not. And you know that
No, you are the one with the wrong think. Some of you wear your belt buckle around your neck and expect others to wear theirs around their ankles. When someone shoots back an opposing viewpoint, they're the ones in the wrong.

It was someone who called me nuts and full of **it because I said I believed in the devil. That's something my religious background taught me, and I strongly believe that the devil does exist and people fight him every day by way of their conscience. Want to go after my religious beliefs, as well? Take your best shot. It does not shake my confidence or my belief.

To politicize this tragedy is just another attempt by one side to make the side out the demon. There is absolutely no proof whatsoever that Sarah Palin's graphic drove this guy to do what he did. Whether this nut case is a screaming far left liberal or a John Birch Society right wing conservative matters not. HE'S NUTS and most likely incapable of constructing a reasonable political thought on either side of the agenda.

Heard the good news that all but Rep. Giffords are out of intensive care. Kudos to Daniel Hernandez, the 20 year old political intern, who put his own life in jeopardy and more than likely saved the life of Rep. Giffords. That is a special kind of bravery and herosim. And, to hear the mother of that little girl talking with such composure on tv today had to break even the hardest of hearts.

The six victims

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40983356...rts/?gt1=43001

Old 01-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i think blaming god or the devil is a way of deflecting blame and refusing to admit people have to be responsible for their own actions. blaming the dog, the devil, george bush, whatever-isn't that a way of escaping some blame?

and dell, i think this guy was a loose cannon...but i do find it funny that palins folks are now crawfishing on their crosshairs. surveyor marks my butt.

and i think anyone making death threats should not be cleared on a firearms purchase.