Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
KD opened a new restaurant, right? If you have been, how is it??
I don't think it is open to the public yet.

Tough loss last night. I've never been a huge Brooks fan, and he cost us the game last night. How Jackson can only play 29 minutes while Fisher plays 20 is beyond me. I can't even discuss Perkins any longer, makes my blood pressure rise.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
I don't think it is open to the public yet.

Tough loss last night. I've never been a huge Brooks fan, and he cost us the game last night. How Jackson can only play 29 minutes while Fisher plays 20 is beyond me. I can't even discuss Perkins any longer, makes my blood pressure rise.
Perk did punk Noah.... Anyway you're coach loves Fisher for some reason. Why not just make him an assistant coach?
Old 01-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Flemington

Golden st looking great in Miami tonight, if they win this game they have a chance to go on a major run.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Santa Anita

Thunder, Spurs, and Heat all lose at home. Brooks is killing the Thunder. He is being exposed without Westbrook. (again)
Old 01-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Flemington

Hell of a win for Golden St tonight on the second night of a road back to back. To go to Atlanta and win after destroying Miami at home is a pretty solid accomplishment. Atlanta was 12-4 at home coming into the game. I thought it would take them about another month to have the solid stretch I said a few times I thought they could have, but I guess its happening now as tonight was 9 wins in a row. Next 3 games they play are on the road and by the end of it, they will have played 7 in a row on the road. But they are all winnable games. That West is insanely good right now. If you count Portland there are 6 teams that can win an NBA Championship, at the least make it to the NBA finals. I dont ever remember a year where there were this many really good teams. The last 10 years the Spurs and Lakers have pretty much dominated. I mean there are no easy outs right now. If the playoffs started today I would give Dallas a long long look to beat Portland in the 1v8 series.

Last edited by RockHardTen1985 : 01-03-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:00 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Hell of a win for Golden St tonight on the second night of a road back to back. To go to Atlanta and win after destroying Miami at home is a pretty solid accomplishment. Atlanta was 12-4 at home coming into the game. I thought it would take them about another month to have the solid stretch I said a few times I thought they could have, but I guess its happening now as tonight was 9 wins in a row. Next 3 games they play are on the road and by the end of it, they will have played 7 in a row on the road. But they are all winnable games. That West is insanely good right now. If you count Portland there are 6 teams that can win an NBA Championship, at the least make it to the NBA finals. I dont ever remember a year where there were this many really good teams. The last 10 years the Spurs and Lakers have pretty much dominated. I mean there are no easy outs right now. If the playoffs started today I would give Dallas a long long look to beat Portland in the 1v8 series.
Yeah they're just a fluke
Old 01-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier View Post
Yeah they're just a fluke
I'm not calling them a fluke. I just feel there are 5 teams in the West that will beat them in a series. The Westbrook and Paul injuries definitely move Portland up though.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Flemington

KD goes off for 48 tonight. Love has 30 and 11 in a pretty good game.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Flemington

I'm no Blake Griffin fan, not at all. But if LA trades him for Melo they go from contender to no chance at all come playoff time.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
I'm not calling them a fluke. I just feel there are 5 teams in the West that will beat them in a series. The Westbrook and Paul injuries definitely move Portland up though.
Who are the 5 teams that will beat them? I'm just curious for when the playoffs come around.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Flemington

[quote=Duvalier;959651]Who are the 5 teams that will beat them? I'm just curious for when the playoffs come arou

Houston, Golden St, OKC, Spurs and Clippers.
Dallas, Minnesota and Phoenix would all be very competitive.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Houston, Golden St, OKC, Spurs and Clippers.
Dallas, Minnesota and Phoenix would all be very competitive.
After getting beat by the Sixers at home last night you might have a point lol. The West is really wide open and it will all come down to who's healthy and who's playing well going into the playoffs. It's mind boggling how the Spurs never seem to get too old.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I'm no Blake Griffin fan, not at all. But if LA trades him for Melo they go from contender to no chance at all come playoff time.
Why?
Old 01-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Why?
Yeah, I don't see that it makes them worse. The biggest problem is that both Melo and Paul like to dominate the ball. But their half court offense is pretty ugly and Melo couldn't hurt. It isn't like Griffin is much on defense either.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Bledsoe better watch out for a major injury. Any minute now.
Womp womp
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
Yeah, I don't see that it makes them worse. The biggest problem is that both Melo and Paul like to dominate the ball. But their half court offense is pretty ugly and Melo couldn't hurt. It isn't like Griffin is much on defense either.
Melo will surely benefit from playing with Paul and a team with good perimeter shooting (when Paul and Reddick return). Griffin has been unreal lately but Carmelo would give them a different dimension and give some of the other contenders a match up issue. I dont know that this would make them significantly better but I dont see them being worse.

As a Knick fan I'd rather have the younger guy under contract for 3 more years to build around than Anthony going into a max contract as he reaches 30 which means of course it wont happen.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Melo will surely benefit from playing with Paul and a team with good perimeter shooting (when Paul and Reddick return). Griffin has been unreal lately but Carmelo would give them a different dimension and give some of the other contenders a match up issue. I dont know that this would make them significantly better but I dont see them being worse.

As a Knick fan I'd rather have the younger guy under contract for 3 more years to build around than Anthony going into a max contract as he reaches 30 which means of course it wont happen.
If they trade for Melo they are automatically a non contender.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Clippers would be idiotic to trade Griffin. I don't care about what he can't do. I will say the same thing I said a few years ago about Zach Randolph. There are very few people in the world that are capable of getting you 22-10 a night in the NBA. You don't trade away one that does unless you are getting another rare player. Carmelo Anthony is not that.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 01-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Flemington

Quote:

So are you saying Melo has been unlucky to not play with better players? I thought he was great and he was supposed to be the game changer and the guy who makes people better? He makes no one better, at all. And of course Knicks fans would love Blake. I dont even like him, but he is 20-10 and younger. Melo plays no D at all. If he goes to the Clippers that instantly makes Golden St and Houston much better then LA. Where before it was close. Clippers go from a contender to the 6th best team in the West behind OKC, Houston, GS, Spurs and Portland. Yes Portland would be better then a Clipper team w/ Melo and an injured Paul for maybe 2 months.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:06 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
If they trade for Melo they are automatically a non contender.
Ridiculous