Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Pimlico

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyfan
Thanks again for these. They're fantastic!! I can't believe they let you take pictures with him, too! You have great head shots there. He has such a cute head! It looks like someone put a halter on him while the paint from his stripe was still wet, and then tugged it a little on his nose so the stripe dragged!!!!!!!!! How adorable!!!!!
yeah, and did you notice that his hair is kind of parted to the side? He is just the cutest!!!

Any more of those?
Old 06-10-2006, 07:06 PM
foggyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
Oh gawd-in-heaven!

Is this going to be another "pretty horsie" site?

Hey, sweetie ... there's a site called Horseracingtalk.com ... which is packed with little girls and bitter hags who swoon over pretty horsies. You'll be very comfortable over there.

QUOTE=foggyfan]I am looking for any cute LitF pictures you guys might have. I'm new here, and am really looking forward to getting to know ya'll!
[/quote]

Ohhhhh, you called me sweetie!!!!! I really like you, Bold Brooklynite!!!!! Everyone has been so nice here!!!! This is the first horse racing place I've ever posted at and I feel so welcome!!!!! I'm not sure I can relate to the "bitter hags", since I'm probably closer in age to the little girls. (20 years old). I like the people on this site so far. and am learning a lot just by reading all your posts. You seem really smart, Bold Brooklynite. I hope I havent made you mad by posting this thread!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Sunshine Park

Ohhhhh, you called me sweetie!!!!! I really like you, Bold Brooklynite!!!!! Everyone has been so nice here!!!! This is the first horse racing place I've ever posted at and I feel so welcome!!!!! I'm not sure I can relate to the "bitter hags", since I'm probably closer in age to the little girls. (20 years old). I like the people on this site so far. and am learning a lot just by reading all your posts. You seem really smart, Bold Brooklynite. I hope I havent made you mad by posting this thread!!!!!!!![/quote]

I talked to the boss and he said that if youre 20 years old, he has some pics he would REALLY like to SHOW you. Kindly PM your email. In case you didnt know, the boss is 67 years old with steel blue eyes and catlike movements.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:20 PM
foggyfan

Ummm...I'm kinda creeped out by this. I can't send you my email address. I'm so sorry!!!!!! I hope you're not mad at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:18 PM
flowing tail

Hey fog fan. I love him too, took lots of pics at CD of him.

Would be thrilled to share, you seem like a nice girl. Maybe we can meet up sometime.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:21 PM
resplendentdapples

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyfan
I am looking for any cute LitF pictures you guys might have. I'm new here, and am really looking forward to getting to know ya'll!
I have some supercute pictures of some horses you might like from the Met Mile Day at Belmont! Do you happen to know Vindication's half-brother, Foreign Minister? He can't run but he's a striking figure on the track!
I'll email them to you if you'd like!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:24 PM
flowing tail

I saw a lovely claimer the other day which i know you all will like.

I can email you the pictures, he looked like a big-boned sort, maybe like a dressage horse or something. Dark bay with white blaze.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:26 PM
resplendentdapples

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowing tail
I saw a lovely claimer the other day which i know you all will like.

I can email you the pictures, he looked like a big-boned sort, maybe like a dressage horse or something. Dark bay with white blaze.
Did he happen to run at Turfway back in February? I was there that day, I think I know which one you're talking about!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:28 PM
flowing tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by resplendentdapples
Did he happen to run at Turfway back in February? I was there that day, I think I know which one you're talking about!
Yes i follow the turfway circuit quite closely in winter in fact i went there a number of weekends this year.

So maybe you know the horse but it is also possible that he resembles many other horses. This topic was about LITF which reminded me of him because they look similar.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Sunshine Park

For my money, Smarty had the cutest tail of all time. If I were a jockey on another horse, I would have lost on purpose just so I could stay behind him and look at his cute tail the whole time. LOL.

"Lost in the Fog - Future 2006 Horse of the Year"
Old 06-10-2006, 10:30 PM
resplendentdapples

Quote:
Yes i follow the turfway circuit quite closely in winter in fact i went there a number of weekends this year.

So maybe you know the horse but it is also possible that he resembles many other horses. This topic was about LITF which reminded me of him because they look similar.
Yes, it was definitely a weekend day. He had a blaze on the left side of his head, similar to LITF. Turfway's not a very pleasant place, too many degenerate gambling types, but I still like to take pictures there! Who says claimers can't be good looking?
Old 06-10-2006, 10:31 PM
flowing tail

Personally i like when tails are cut straight across the bottom.

Makes them look very sharp i have to say.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:33 PM
flowing tail

Quote:
Yes, it was definitely a weekend day. He had a blaze on the left side of his head, similar to LITF. Turfway's not a very pleasant place, too many degenerate gambling types, but I still like to take pictures there! Who says claimers can't be good looking?
It is not the same class of track as arlington or del mar but i have visited those places.

The gamblers are nice people too. I try to talk to them and they are helpful with my bets although my real purpose for going is to look at the horses and I usually bring my new camera which was a Christmas gift because I am still learning how to try it out.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:33 PM
resplendentdapples

Quote:

Did you see that bob and john today? he had the cut you refer to. he was winning the race for a while, too! too bad he couldn't finish first. then we could have gotten a winner's circle picture of that tail cut!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:35 PM
resplendentdapples

Quote:
It is not the same class of track as arlington or del mar but i have visited those places.

The gamblers are nice people too. I try to talk to them and they are helpful with my bets although my real purpose for going is to look at the horses and I usually bring my new camera which was a Christmas gift because I am still learning how to try it out.
i try to avoid the gamblers. they just yell and scream the whole time, i get scared!
i can show you how to use the camera. im pretty good with mine now, my son gave it to me last year for christmas!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:36 PM
flowing tail

Quote:
i try to avoid the gamblers. they just yell and scream the whole time, i get scared!
i can show you how to use the camera. im pretty good with mine now, my son gave it to me last year for christmas!
How old is your son, if he is the same age as me maybe we would get along.

Also I can use some pointers so we should meet up some time then. Then I can show you how to place small bets like win and exacta so that you will have nothing to be intimidated about.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:38 PM
flowing tail

Quote:
Did you see that bob and john today? he had the cut you refer to. he was winning the race for a while, too! too bad he couldn't finish first. then we could have gotten a winner's circle picture of that tail cut!
Is that right, I did not even catch it on the ABC broadcast.

If you find any pictures of him on final turn or equiphoto can you message me and let me know, thanks.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:41 PM
resplendentdapples

Quote:
How old is your son, if he is the same age as me maybe we would get along.

Also I can use some pointers so we should meet up some time then. Then I can show you how to place small bets like win and exacta so that you will have nothing to be intimidated about.
Oh, I think he's a little young for you- he's just turned 14 now. About to start high school- I remember those days! (My husband actually bought me the camera, but wrapped it up and put my oldest son as the giver, how sweet of him!)

I'm not sure about the gambling part. I wouldn't want to get upset if the horse I like loses!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:45 PM
flowing tail

Quote:
Oh, I think he's a little young for you- he's just turned 14 now. About to start high school- I remember those days! (My husband actually bought me the camera, but wrapped it up and put my oldest son as the giver, how sweet of him!)

I'm not sure about the gambling part. I wouldn't want to get upset if the horse I like loses!
Well mostly all of my friends are college students but i certainly don't mind helping a fellow track fan in need.

That is a shame your husband doesn't like the track. But really I can help you with the bets it makes it fun, and you won't be too sad about losing. I will teach you to read programs, that is the first thing you need to learn.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Sunshine Park

Quote:

It's really a matter of personal taste. I have a friend who thought the same thing as you and we used to get into the biggest fights. To each his own, I guess they say.