Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
Ok..Where does he go now? Does he hook up with Successful Dan at Keeneland? Or do the owners get another hard of for a dirt race?
He is 1-9 to beat Successful Dan.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Which part of a horse getting back to his obvious preferred surface has you scratching your head?
Stop it. Please. Like you had the horse winning here. Just cause a horse gets back on it's preferred surface (he had never run on this actual surface though) doesn't mean he should have beaten better horses. Or at least horses that appeared to be better but they obviously weren't.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 08-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
Stop it. Please. Like you had the horse winning here. Just cause a horse gets back on it's preferred surface (he had never run on this actual surface though) doesn't mean he should have beaten better horses. Or at least horses that appeared to be better but they obviously weren't.
On synthetics it was hard to make a case that other than Richards Kid and Game on dude anyone was much better. And of those one had Chantel riding and giving up 6 pounds and the other was Baffert off. Who else?
Old 08-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Washington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
He is 1-9 to beat Successful Dan.
Yea your right. Get the brothers mixed up...
Old 08-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Coach Pants

Thanks all.

I don't recall polytrack ever making much sense. Throw logic out the window and move horses like Dullahan up a few spots that have shown some ability on a similar surface like Keeneland. The horse was highly competitive in this race.

Plus Chantal lean.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
I turned $56 into $240+ on it, nothing crazy. Let's not act like it's an uncommon occurrence when a horse moves up or down when switching surfaces. It JUMPED out of the form to anyone with eyeballs, that he's been much better on synthetics. 5-1 was not exactly what i was looking for, but it surely beat the 7/2 he was when i decided to not put the bet through. Floated up and I pulled the trigger.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
I turned $56 into $240+ on it, nothing crazy. Let's not act like it's an uncommon occurrence when a horse moves up or down when switching surfaces. It JUMPED out of the form to anyone with eyeballs, that he's been much better on synthetics. 5-1 was not exactly what i was looking for, but it surely beat the 7/2 he was when i decided to not put the bet through. Floated up and I pulled the trigger.
Well I say congrats. I don't know that it jumped off the form though. We all saw his wins on fake dirt before. But it's a big jump from beating Hansen at 9f and beating Game on Dude and Richard's Kid. Obviously, he made it though. Glad you had it. They could run this race again and I still couldn't see playing him.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 08-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Keeneland

What got me off of Dullahan was how bad he was at Monmouth. Obviously he's much, much better on synth/turf and hopefully his connections finally realize it.

I thought he might be heading the wrong way after the triple crown, but he looked pretty good today. Congrats to anyone who was smart enough to stay with him.

Been a pretty blah Saratoga for Romans, but winning the Arlington Million and Pacific Classic in back to back weeks is pretty nice.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:02 PM
helicopter11

Dullahan connections flew in 65 people for the race. Should have played on that angle.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:06 PM

I will say that I am glad that Romans was rewarded for taking a chance. Just like I was glad that Dutrow's horse won the King's Bishop yesterday. So many people these days take the ultra-conservative route so it's good to see those that take shots that most people would think are crazy rewarded.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Ok..Where does he go now?
The shed.

Breed him to Zenyatta and create the greatest synthetic plodder in the history of the species.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2 View Post
The shed.

Breed him to Zenyatta and create the greatest synthetic plodder in the history of the species.
LOl. I like it.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
What got me off of Dullahan was how bad he was at Monmouth. Obviously he's much, much better on synth/turf and hopefully his connections finally realize it.

I thought he might be heading the wrong way after the triple crown, but he looked pretty good today. Congrats to anyone who was smart enough to stay with him.

Been a pretty blah Saratoga for Romans, but winning the Arlington Million and Pacific Classic in back to back weeks is pretty nice.
That Romans was so aggressive so soon after the Haskell where he was terrible was a positive sign imo.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter11 View Post
Dullahan connections flew in 65 people for the race. Should have played on that angle.
They had 1/2 the crowd at monmouth
Old 08-27-2012, 06:13 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Ok..Where does he go now? Does he hook up with Successful Dan at Keeneland? Or do the owners get another hard of for a dirt race?
Sd would eat him for lunch. and surely the owners know what they have with this horse. edit-then again, maybe they don't:

"I would respectfully submit that the question with Dullahan is not what surface can he run on, but what surface can't he run on?"

they'll probably end up going for the bcc. all his wins are on an awt. it's not rocket science.

Last edited by Danzig : 08-27-2012 at 06:35 AM.