Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Del Mar

Think this happened late last night. SD signed WR Robert Meachem, guess he'll replace a few of those Vincent Jackson catches.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Still need Freeman to return to '10 and not duplicate '11
No doubt. The biggest contribution to the Freeman dropoff was that the schedule was markedly tougher in '11 so his mediocre play that was beating the likes of Seattle, Cleveland and Pre-Cam Carolina didn't fly against GB, Dallas and Post-Cam Carolina.

These signings guarantee nothing. They only say that ownership is back into it. They haven't been for the past several years. Instead, they tried to sell season ticket holders on the notion that they are building through the draft only to turn around and draft busts like Gerald McCoy and make him the highest paid player on the team. I am only hoping the Bears will take him off the Bucs hands like they did with their previous DL bust, Gaines Adams.

It's a start and only a start. When you are as bad as they are, the holes are numerous and glaring.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

The Cleveland Browns are doing nothing.

I thought for sure they would make a strong play for Matt Flynn.

They haven't even signed a few of their own starters from last year and they haven't reportedly contacted any free agents -- including Flynn.

They have more than $20 million in cap space.

Meanwhile -- on the other end of Lake Erie -- the Bills are desperately trying to get better. They are going to be the high-bidder and overpay for Mario Williams. It basically will just come down to how willing he is to play in Buffalo.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
The Cleveland Browns are doing nothing.

I thought for sure they would make a strong play for Matt Flynn.

They haven't even signed a few of their own starters from last year and they haven't reportedly contacted any free agents -- including Flynn.

They have more than $20 million in cap space.

Meanwhile -- on the other end of Lake Erie -- the Bills are desperately trying to get better. They are going to be the high-bidder and overpay for Mario Williams. It basically will just come down to how willing he is to play in Buffalo.
I was listening to some Cleveland Sports talk radio last night. The host and the fans are getting frustrated, they are saying they just seem not to be able to pull the trigger. Now the lose Eric Wright, lord knows they need WR help and is it about time to give up on Colt McCoy. I assume they will draft Blackmon, but I guess that depends on how they feel at QB at this point.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

They lost Eric Wright to the Lions last year.

The Browns fans here are about as negative, defeatist, and pissed off as I've ever seen them ... and they shouldn't be because of the stockpile of draft picks and good young talent they have on the roster.

The division is turning with the Steelers and Ravens ancient defenses... if the Browns don't try and improve with free agents...the process of coming back is going to take longer.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Flemington

Quote:

The Browns fans here are about as negative, defeatist, and pissed off as I've ever seen them ... and they shouldn't be because of the stockpile of draft picks and good young talent they have on the roster.

The division is turning with the Steelers and Ravens ancient defenses... if the Browns don't try and improve with free agents...the process of coming back is going to take longer.
This will be Mike Holmgren's 3rd year on the job and you give him a pass for the first one because he had to evaluate what he had. This year will probably be a struggle again, but if you are a Browns fan you got to hope that next year they begin to turn the corner.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

The Bucs just got a great guard.

I still think they overpaid for Vincent Jackson -- but he will help them a ton the next two years.

The Saints are the losers of this free agency. The Bucs are easily the team who improved the roster the most so far.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Del Mar

Quote:

My mistake on Wright, I had forgotten he was gone before. I hear ya, that's the way the fans sound to me as well.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Del Mar

Kyle Orton gets a 3 year deal to back up Romo in DAL.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
The Bucs just got a great guard.

I still think they overpaid for Vincent Jackson -- but he will help them a ton the next two years.

The Saints are the losers of this free agency. The Bucs are easily the team who improved the roster the most so far.
Overall I would agree thus far the Bucs have done very well at different areas.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Del Mar

TE John Carlson (injured last season in SEA) signs a deal in MIN. If I am not mistaken Vinsante Shancoe is a free agent. I think Den could be a good fit for I'm to go. It will be interesting to see where Dallas Clark lands as well. Healthy I think he's still a talent.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:43 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem0822 View Post
Fan-fkn-tastic, now my two least favorite QBs are on my favorite team. Go Broncos.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Fan-fkn-tastic, now my two least favorite QBs are on my favorite team. Go Broncos.
So your not an Orton or Romo fan, but are a Cowboys fan? Thinking of converting to Tebowism are ya?
Old 03-14-2012, 01:06 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
So your not an Orton or Romo fan, but are a Cowboys fan? Thinking of converting to Tebowism are ya?
Cowboys fan since '77, living here in Denver it was hard not to get all wrapped up in last years commotion. Looking forward to season seats being worth a damn next year with Manning hopefully at the helm.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Flemington

Former Cowboys TE Martellus Bennett's signs with the Champs: 1 year, $2.5 million
Old 03-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:

There is no coming back. They are beyond boring as a football team. As a native of northeast Ohio, it is much easier to follow the Cavs and INdians than this abortion of a team. I really wish they'd go to LA.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Jerome Park

Djax will remain in Philly for 5 more years!!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
'boys fans better hope romo doesn't get hurt.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:58 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
'boys fans better hope romo doesn't get hurt.
After all these years of hoping he would...
Old 03-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
Djax will remain in Philly for 5 more years!!
Yeah he's going to have a bad season. No need to try now.