Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Morris Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
Not a threat at all. Dont be so paranoid. I meant "be prepared" as in "know your topic" unlike your brooklynite fool pal.

For the record he didnt answer anything. So i am doing to him what he does to others. I am not letting him "spin" out of an obvious incorrect statement. Actually, it would be "statements" plural because the whole silly post was completely inaccurate.

I will say that politics certainly makes strange bedfellows. its interesting who people are from site to site. Of course, from what i hear, you are the master of changing screen id's.

Oooops... Ive gotta Scooch!

There's about 50 people from the "other forum" here.......I take it, you included; or maybe you had me pegged on sunday.
Dalakhani, from Wash DC...yeh,right.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:15 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independent George
There's about 50 people from the "other forum" here.......I take it, you included; or maybe you had me pegged on sunday.
Dalakhani, from Wash DC...yeh,right.
Never posted on any "other forums" but ive been getting pms about you since yesterday. They said "watch out- next he will start having conversations with himself"- whatever that means.

Just be yourself.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Morris Park

Quote:
Never posted on any "other forums" but ive been getting pms about you since yesterday. They said "watch out- next he will start having conversations with himself"- whatever that means.

Just be yourself.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, conversations with himself. Interesting concept !!! Can't get too much intelligent converastion...ya know what I'm sayin' ?

Pm's about me all day !!!! Thats fantastic. I'd love to know who feels I'm that important.Maybe YOU can PM me that info, and we can all bury the hatchet. I mean I feel I owe those who have taken precious time out of their day to write about little ole me.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Sunshine Park

Hey Bold, I stumbled on something you might be interested in! I just noticed they're having night classes at the local college about the Congo for those "uninformed" Americans.

Perhaps after that, you could give me some dance lessons. You seem especially apt at dancing around an issue.

Last edited by Ruffian2 : 07-27-2006 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:56 AM
Turf Paradise

The whole Congo situation makes me sick. Around 4 million people dead, and no meaningful action from any of the global powers. Even from a self-interest perspective, you'd think we'd care because further instability in Africa could create more of those Terrorists we're so frantic about...look at what's happening in Somalia, where the next potential group of extremists is rising to power. Not good, man. But Africa's always been on the world's backburner, except when it has something "worth" exploiting, be that oil, diamonds or people. I am not saying there's an easy solution -- anything but, considering how deep and entangled the roots of Africa's woes are -- however, the problems will only get worse if the next generation of children is decimated by this war and ensuing famines & disease.

Anyone here read "King Leopold's Ghost"? It's a good look at the holocaust perpetuated by colonialists in the Congo. Well-researched, good read (more a haunting read, but still good, if you know what I mean). The second half introduced me to it after he came back from a trip to Cape Town that really opened his eyes.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian
Hey Bold, I stumbled on something you might be interested in! I just noticed they're having night classes at the local college about the Congo for those "uninformed" Americans.

Perhaps after that, you could give me some dance lessons. You seem especially apt at dancing around an issue.
LOL. I think there are a couple of more on here that could sit right next to brooklynite fool in class. Im sure he thanks you for the heads up.

Dance teacher....now there is a thought. I think this one has found your calling brooklynite fool.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:53 AM
boldruler

Africa is to blame for a lot of its own problems too. It clearly has been exploited by the world powers but the people there have to have some accountability. Their leaders often invited the exploitation of their people.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Turf Paradise

Not disagreeing with you on that at all. Just saying that if 4 million people were dying in a developed part of the world, we'd (as in, the rest of the developed world) probably take notice.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:27 AM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtrekker
Not disagreeing with you on that at all. Just saying that if 4 million people were dying in a developed part of the world, we'd (as in, the rest of the developed world) probably take notice.
Absolutely. But you can't blame everything on Republicans. What Bill Clinton allowed to happen in Rwanda was unforgivable. Worst thing our government has allowed to happen in a long time.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Turf Paradise

Hold on, do you see the words Republican or conservative anywhere in my post??? I wasn't talking exclusively about the current administration!

I hold all of us culpable, whatever our political stripes. We have all failed here.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtrekker
Hold on, do you see the words Republican or conservative anywhere in my post??? I wasn't talking exclusively about the current administration!

I hold all of us culpable, whatever our political stripes. We have all failed here.
I love your views Irish Trekker. It truly doesnt break down to either party. Its not too late- YET. But eventually, all of our failures will come back to seriously haunt us.

We have to make a decision on how we identify our role in the rest of the world and stay as consistent as possible. I realize, with administrations changing so regularly that is difficult but at the same time we have to have an idea as a people as far as what we want to accomplish.

Maybe isolationism is the best way (i dont think so). Maybe we truly become this "beacon of freedom and liberty" that the spin doctors try to pass us off as we crush liberty in the name of money and self serving interests. Either way, we have to have a direction.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
LOL. I think there are a couple of more on here that could sit right next to brooklynite fool in class. Im sure he thanks you for the heads up.

Dance teacher....now there is a thought. I think this one has found your calling brooklynite fool.
I don't know you, but I love you anyway!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Hialeah Park

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0801-30.htm