Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Tell that to Gov. Scott Walker. He had $136 million in this year's budget, but first thing he did once elected was to give out $140 million in unfunded tax cuts to corporations.

Now he's bitching he's broke and teachers have to pay for it.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...ve-budget-sur/

the astute political commentator gives us her best lie yet?....and this is your proof,.Riot???....oh dear
Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Havre de Grace

....history of 2 MoNTHS....you should write copy for a major metro paper!
Old 03-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan View Post
the astute political commentator gives us her best lie yet?....and this is your proof,.Riot???....oh dear
Excuse me? You are not calling me a liar, I hope? GFY, Timmi. How dare you. I have never posted something deliberately that I knew was untrue. If I post something that's factually wrong, I've always admitted it and changed it (did that once in this thread, in fact)

I don't know what Rachel Maddow said, I don't watch her show, and I'm not responsible for what she says. If you are talking about Walkers budget surplus, yes, indeed, he did have one.

Try reading here, smartazz: http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lfb/Misc/...os&Darling.pdf And then try reading more than the top line of what you posted from Politifact, so you can see what it actually refers to. Then try reading the rebuttal of that Politifact claim, so you can see it's not as simplistic as you apparently think it is, here http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...rachel-maddow/

By the way, where's your budget plan for Wisconsin? C'mon, Timmi - you're really good at jumping in threads and calling names. You demanded I post a budget. You call me a liar about the Wisconsin budget? Do you have anything of substance to offer on the subject? Show us your vast knowledge of the events in Wisconsin, Timmi and post your own budget suggestions. Or are you just a thread troll?
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts

Last edited by Riot : 03-03-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Keeneland

A Wisconsin judge has ordered pro-union protesters to be removed from the state Capitol.

Dane County Circuit Judge John Albert ruled Thursday night that protesters remaining in the building should be immediately removed — along with any unauthorized materials such as sleeping bags and signs taped to the Capitol walls.

http://www.gazettextra.com/weblogs/l...s-out-capitol/

I'd like to see the homeless all over the nation protest their 'homelessness' by setting up in Fed buildings that are empty and heated/cooled at night.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
A Wisconsin judge has ordered pro-union protesters to be removed from the state Capitol.

Dane County Circuit Judge John Albert ruled Thursday night that protesters remaining in the building should be immediately removed — along with any unauthorized materials such as sleeping bags and signs taped to the Capitol walls.

http://www.gazettextra.com/weblogs/l...s-out-capitol/

I'd like to see the homeless all over the nation protest their 'homelessness' by setting up in Fed buildings that are empty and heated/cooled at night.
Damge to the capital is estimated around $5 million some of which can never be fixed.
Way to use tape that wrecks marble. You got your point across now they should have to pay for it
Old 03-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Woodbine

[quote=Riot;757808]. [b]But your Governor absolutely refuses to raise revenue = raise taxes. In fact, he just lowered your revenue by giving unfunded tax cuts. What in hell is he thinking!?
QUOTE]

you finally got to your point. You think raising taxes is the solution. The people of WI and the majority of US citizens are tired of this as a solution and would rather cut expenses than continue to suck money out of the people thru tax increases. Just a fundamental difference of opinion. WI residents have seen tax increase after tax increase (property, sales tax, state income tax, cell phone tax, gas tax, cable tax, etc.) Enough is enough we as citizens of WI are done with increases
Old 03-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Excuse me? You are not calling me a liar, I hope? GFY, Timmi. How dare you. I have never posted something deliberately that I knew was untrue. If I post something that's factually wrong, I've always admitted it and changed it (did that once in this thread, in fact)

I don't know what Rachel Maddow said, I don't watch her show, and I'm not responsible for what she says. If you are talking about Walkers budget surplus, yes, indeed, he did have one.

Try reading here, smartazz: http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lfb/Misc/...os&Darling.pdf And then try reading more than the top line of what you posted from Politifact, so you can see what it actually refers to. Then try reading the rebuttal of that Politifact claim, so you can see it's not as simplistic as you apparently think it is, here http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...rachel-maddow/

By the way, where's your budget plan for Wisconsin? C'mon, Timmi - you're really good at jumping in threads and calling names. You demanded I post a budget. You call me a liar about the Wisconsin budget? Do you have anything of substance to offer on the subject? Show us your vast knowledge of the events in Wisconsin, Timmi and post your own budget suggestions. Or are you just a thread troll?
You have been parading around, yapping about this "surplus" when its FALSE!
I never said I had a proposal, I just wanted you to stop building your supposed platform on a lie! I was calling Maddow a liar. Take a Midol, for Gods sake!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan View Post
Damge to the capital is estimated around $5 million some of which can never be fixed.
Way to use tape that wrecks marble. You got your point across now they should have to pay for it
Simple have the teachers' pension fund pay for it.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
Judge Albert also ruled at the same time that the State of Wisconsin is in contempt for not allowing the protestors access as he previously ordered over the past day. Continuing the next line of your story:

Quote:
The judge also ruled that the state violated constitutional protections for free speech and assembly by restricting access to the building. He ordered the administration to re-open the building to the general public by 8 a.m. Monday, allowing for a permitting process limiting the times and places where rallies can be held.
The protesters were allowed back in 8:00am this am. Per Judge Albert, they are to be allowed in any time there is business in the capital. They do not have to be allowed in overnight if the capital is closed. The Democratic assemblymen are going to start holding overnight office hours so people can be allowed in 24 hours a day.

Yesterday, three of the Assemblymen moved their desks outside, before Albert's ruling, so they could meet with their constituents.

Gov. Scott Walker better be careful if he wants to win that recall election: two months in office, and already ethics violation complaints, union bargaining complaints filed, caught lying to Senate Democrats, he's violated his citizens rights of free speech and assembly, and every single poll of his voters shows they do not agree with his stripping collective bargaining rights from state employees. Being a dictator isn't working out very well for him.

Yesterday, despite Walker's threats of forcable detainment, the 14 Democratic Senators are still refusing to return until Walker removes the collective bargaining rights strip from the current "emergency" budget repair bill, and places it in the general budget bill.

Because Walker has already lied to the Democrats about compromise (the Koch tape), they will not return until it's actually done and removed from the bill to be voted upon.

Then removing collective bargaining rights can be subject to needed public hearings and calmly debated in the next three months with the rest of the general budget.

Walker so far has refused. Some of the other Republican Senators are fine with that offered compromise, and are becoming increasingly uncomfortable with Walker's stubborness in the face of overwhelming disapproval by the public, the concessions offered by the unions, and the concessions offered by the Democratic Senators. Dictators aren't popular in America.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts

Last edited by Riot : 03-04-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan View Post
You have been parading around, yapping about this "surplus" when its FALSE!
I never said I had a proposal, I just wanted you to stop building your supposed platform on a lie! I was calling Maddow a liar. Take a Midol, for Gods sake!
False? No. Really, Timmi, you should investigate what you post before you make yourself look uninformed. I'd go back and read what I posted about that in the first answer to you, if I were you. Here it is again: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...rachel-maddow/
Old 03-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Amazingly, that number is being thrown around, with no factual support. The Democratic assemblymen who are in the capital, and have been there, are trying to find out how that number was arrived upon, as they haven't seen that damage during the week. The Republicans just started saying it.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
you finally got to your point. You think raising taxes is the solution.
As I've said, I think raising taxes on the 2/3 of Wisconsin companies that currently pay zero taxes would be a good idea. Yes, they can pay a small amount. Those tax loopholes enabling them to pay no tax can be closed. No, I did not say to raise other taxes, especially personal taxes on citizens.

Quote:
The people of WI and the majority of US citizens are tired of this as a solution and would rather cut expenses than continue to suck money out of the people thru tax increases.
On a federal level, your income taxes are the lowest they've been since the 1950's. You've received 2 tax rebates since Obama has been President.

Quote:
Just a fundamental difference of opinion. WI residents have seen tax increase after tax increase (property, sales tax, state income tax, cell phone tax, gas tax, cable tax, etc.) Enough is enough we as citizens of WI are done with increases
Then why are you eagerly supporting your Governor decreasing the income of low to middle-income state employees by 8% ! That's a huge, lifestyle-changing percentage. Just because it's not being called a "tax" ???

That makes no sense to me. If Wisconsinites are tired of it, as you say, why are they, and you, supporting the governor doing it? Taking money from the citizens?

Last edited by Riot : 03-04-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Keeneland

Default Newly released Rasmussen poll now matches other polls

Even the conservative Rasmussen Report this week has changed, and now polls like every other poll in the state: the people of Wisconsin do NOT support Governor Walkers attempt to remove collective bargaining rights.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...gaining_rights

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Wisconsin voters shows that just 39% favor weakening collective bargaining rights and 52% are opposed. At the same time, 44% support a 10% pay cut for all state workers. Thirty-eight percent (38%) are opposed. That’s partly because 27% of Wisconsin voters believe state workers are paid too much and 16% believe they are paid too little. Forty-nine percent (49%) believe the pay of state workers is about right. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Among those asked about the state budget deficit, 52% supported the Democrats and 44% supported the Governor. Most of those 50 and over support the Governor, 40-somethings are evenly divided, and those under 40 support the Democrats.

Among those asked about weakening collective bargaining rights, 56% supported the union and 41% supported the Governor. There is a similar age dynamic on this question, even though the overall level of support for the Governor is lower.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

This is kind of awesome: http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...led-to-him.php
Old 03-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Keeneland

Sidenote: Jon Erpenbach's sister Mary is Russ Feingold's ex-wife. The USPO should have the check delivered sometime this month.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer View Post
I've seen him on TV in some interviews, he seems a good guy. LOL - good for him
Old 03-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
I've seen him on TV in some interviews, he seems a good guy. LOL - good for him
Listen to the lovely Lena Taylor and see what professional representatives that are representing your views

http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2011...interview.html
Old 03-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Listen to the lovely Lena Taylor and see what professional representatives that are representing your views

Seriously, I don't understand: you say the people of Wisconsin are tired of being taxed, yet you support taking 8% income away from low- middle- income "common guy" public employees, while giving even more tax cuts to corporations? Why? You say, "Enough is enough we as citizens of WI are done with increases" - but you are supporting a huge increase on average citizens?
Old 03-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Keeneland

Quote:

No thanks. I've seen plenty of the "professional representatives" in Wisconsin, like the lying, ethics-challenged, lawbreaking Governor Walker
Old 03-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
As I've said, I think raising taxes on the 2/3 of Wisconsin companies that currently pay zero taxes would be a good idea. Yes, they can pay a small amount. Those tax loopholes enabling them to pay no tax can be closed. No, I did not say to raise other taxes, especially personal taxes on citizens.

If you raise taxes on corporations in today's economy either they will lay off employees to offset expenses or move their company to a state that will offer tax incentives to do business in their state. You just don't get it!

Then why are you eagerly supporting your Governor decreasing the income of low to middle-income state employees by 8% ! That's a huge, lifestyle-changing percentage. Just because it's not being called a "tax" ???

I just met with a physical education teacher who makes a salary of $104,000 annually to teach gym in a middle school. That does not include the fact that he doesn't pay medical insurance at all or contribute towards his pension. Do you think that is a good use of government $? If we really cared about education we would compensate teachers that work hard and are good at their job instead of protecting the incompetent ones. But again it is all about the kids

That makes no sense to me. If Wisconsinites are tired of it, as you say, why are they, and you, supporting the governor doing it? Taking money from the citizens?
Remember public employees are paid by the citizens of the state so in essence we are their employer. You are not taking from the citizens you are giving power back to the employer and not the employee. FDR got it. Why can't you?