Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Saratoga

Default A grand day for Godolphin!

Echo of Light, Council Member and Astronomia won today!

ECHO OF LIGHT SHINES AT DEAUVILLE
15 August 2007

Frankie Dettori rode a perfectly judged race aboard Echo Of Light to narrowly win the Group Three Prix Gauntot-Biron Beachcomber Hotels Royal Palm 5* Luxe at Deauville, France.

Godolphin's retained rider jumped his mount smartly from the stalls and the colt showed good pace from his wide draw to take an early lead in the 10-furlong contest.

Echo Of Light raced enthusiastically on the front end and was two lengths clear of his field turning for home.

The five-year-old son of Dubai Millennium was asked to quicken approaching the final quarter mile and responded by extending his lead.

Despite wandering around slightly inside the distance, Echo Of Light maintained his effort to the line under a strong Dettori drive and repelled the late flourish of Atlantic Air, who came home a short-head second, with Kocab a head further back in third.

Winning trainer Saeed bin Suroor said: "He won the race and we are happy with the result. It showed me that the horse has plenty of speed and maybe he is more of a miler really.

"He was brave enough to win the race. He tried very hard and Frankie gave him a good ride. There are no plans for him at this moment."

Echo Of Light, who takes his personal Group race tally to four, won in a time of 2m 05.40s and is Godolphin's first winner of the Deauville Group Three contest.

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 08-15-2007 at 02:25 PM.