Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Flemington

Default Rick Warren's Saddleback Church

This past weekend, John McCain and Barack Obama stood together in Rick Warren's Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, Calif., which touts a 20,000-plus member congregation. There is nothing more disgusting than encouraging those who see fit to force their religious beliefs on the rest of society. While we aren't a totally one-religion society(like many Islamic Countries are,) we do encourage people to try to make their religious beliefs the constraints by which all members of a society are forced to live with. We all knew Johnny pander would encourage this, but it's sad to see OBAMA encourage it(which is what he did by showing up in front of this monolithic trash.) I gotta brother who is involved in this garbage, and believe me it mainly destroys what would otherwise be good family relations. They can't just live by their own beliefs. They have to try to force everyone else to live the same boring lifestyle that often results in the highlight of their day being the purchase of a McDonald's Happy Meal for the kids.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Aqueduct

agreed. i threw up in my mouth when i saw them cowtow to this event. ugh..

He's a hack and you guys sold your soul for him. Congrats." coach pants
Old 08-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Oaklawn

I watched the show. I also have watched Mr Warren's explanation that he was unaware McCain was not in the building, therefore not in the "Cone of Silence" when Warren told the crowd that McCain was backstage in the "Cone". I thought Warren slipped up when he stated there was one question he wanted to prep both candidates on, the Orphan program Warren was touting. Warren stated that he was able to prep Obama on the question but was not able to prep McCain. Makes me wonder if that's because McCain wasn't in the building

I was, and still am, confused as to how this guy gets to sit with both men and ask him his own personal choice of questions on national television. He wrote that book, A Purpose Driven Life, and has that church following, so I guess he's very influential with that section of the population
Old 08-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
I watched the show. I also have watched Mr Warren's explanation that he was unaware McCain was not in the building, therefore not in the "Cone of Silence" when Warren told the crowd that McCain was backstage in the "Cone". I thought Warren slipped up when he stated there was one question he wanted to prep both candidates on, the Orphan program Warren was touting. Warren stated that he was able to prep Obama on the question but was not able to prep McCain. Makes me wonder if that's because McCain wasn't in the building

I was, and still am, confused as to how this guy gets to sit with both men and ask him his own personal choice of questions on national television. He wrote that book, A Purpose Driven Life, and has that church following, so I guess he's very influential with that section of the population
I think he learned his nice tricks from Orange County resident Mr. B(Bob Baedecker on TVG.) Mr. B has got it covered(the art of being nicely conservative.)
Old 08-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Flemington

As far as a "Purpose Driven Life" goes, I saw the same old 3 issues brought up:

1) Nominate Supreme Court Justices that will support imposing the constraints of their religion on all members of society.

2) Abortion...Fetus rights...Let's not just live in a way that supports our beliefs, but lets pass a law imposing our beliefs on others. Yes, this imposing their religious beliefs on others, it's very popular with this trash.

3) Same sex marriage.....Again, this has nothing to do with these people. They have to get involved in other people's business. That's an addiction they have in common with one another. These places they meet in used to be old grocery stores that went out of business, but if you get 20,000 of them together, they can upgrade their buildings. I don't care where they meet, and the cleverness of their preacher. Most of these people are:

A) white trash,

B) white trash adjacent, or

C) white trash done good.

My Brother is about 280 lbs. His wife has to be 400lbs(HE MARRIED UPSCALE.) Of course, she has a nasty case of the cellulitis (a hefty girl bonus) that's so often comes along with being obese. Their 11 or 12 year old kid has to be 250 lbs. They honor the Phoenix area with their presence. As far as I 'm concerned, they've got A and B covered.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 08-18-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Jerome Park

I dont understand that sanctity of Marriage BULL CRAP when most marriages end up in divorce and the majority of people to get married dont even believe in God. Way to go Churches!!

I have no problem with religion, and I have my own religious beliefs... but those people who go on TV and are the the "voices" of religion are nutcases. For some reason, every gosh darn thing seems to be there business. I'm sure about one thing, if there is a heaven and hell... those MO FO's will be burning no question.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Del Mar

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it"

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, first Baron Acton (1834–1902).

PTL - (Jim & Tammy Baker) was 10 minutes from my house. Honestly it started out as a pretty good place and was nice if that's your cup of tea in the very early days. But very quickly as it's power rose, greed set in, and you know the rest of the story. Actually you don't as there were many things going on there that were never reported.

Once these people get the power, well, see above quotes.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
I dont understand that sanctity of Marriage BULL CRAP when most marriages end up in divorce and the majority of people to get married dont even believe in God. Way to go Churches!!

I have no problem with religion, and I have my own religious beliefs... but those people who go on TV and are the the "voices" of religion are nutcases. For some reason, every gosh darn thing seems to be there business. I'm sure about one thing, if there is a heaven and hell... those MO FO's will be burning no question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff2yd...eature=related
Old 08-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer
I guess Paddy Harrington had prior commitments.