View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023, 07:57 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Freddy.. These horses were mediocrities at 2 FOR Baffert.. WITH Baffert. The records are right there to be absorbed. They had minor graded placements beaten open lengths by Cave Rock and Practical Move. Stop pretending they were the top juveniles on the West Coast last year. They weren't special to begin with. That's the point.
They were mediocrities? Reincarnate ran a 95 Beyer in January. He’s regressed Beyer wise in both starts for Yakteen. Pure speculation but Baffert 3 year olds typically improve from January of their 3 year old year, not take two steps back.

Carmel Road ran an 82 in the summer of his two year old year and was 2nd to Practical Move at Los Al. He was basically eased in the Gotham.

Maybe Fort Bragg isn’t much. I’ll give you that one.

National Treasure ran mid to high 90 Beyers as a 2 year old. Ran the same fig in the SA Derby. As Freddy said, they’re not showing normal improvement that you’d see a 3 year old name under any trainer, and certainly not the kind of improvement you see when Baffert trains.

I didn’t think this was a particularly hot take. You can see these horses are not the same with Yakteen. We’ve seen Yakteen can develop a horse. Why can’t he develop the former Baffert’s? I think it’s a fair question. I’m surprised you don’t.