View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 03:48 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnunan4759 View Post
They also rushed to open and I'm sure neither DEL or MON are where they want to be. I know where you were and that is usually eating, drinking, racing. Have a feeling all of this will be sorted out by football season. Another thing I'm not sure of is whether you can still bet in bars in Del. They had a bunch of bars where they sold the parlay cards. Will try to find out.
Hold it Joe.. Monmouth is 100% 'where they want to be'. I was there Thursday. They built the William Hill Sports Book years in advance. I posted pictures. It's no different than any Sports Book room in Vegas.

Delaware is a lovely track with the nicest paddock in the entire sport. It's great for race day.

Monmouth is a larger, more gracious version of Tampa Bay Downs. Quaint and elegant. It's a treasure. Spend the early part of the day at the beach and the rest of the day at the track. Go for a shore dinner. I can give you 30 fabulous places. Monmouth is a weekend excursion. A vacation trip. The Sports Book only elevates the whole experience.