View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Gulfstream Park

Talking

By Blood-Horse Staff October 24, 2014 2:21 PM 0 CommentsRacing, Breeders' Cup, Kentucky
Don't Tell Sophia and Ria Antonia, pre-entered for the $2 million Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), turned in half-mile breezes Oct. 24 at Keeneland.

Working on her own after the renovation break, recent Juddmonte Spinster (gr. I) winner Don't Tell Sophia covered the trip in :48 flat under jockey Joe Rocco Jr. The time ranked sixth of 42 moves at the distance. Spinster runner-up Ria Antonia topped all workers with her bullet :47 3/5 drill.
Don't Tell Sophia clocked splits of :12 2/5 and :24 1/5, and galloped out five furlongs in 1:02

Ria Antonia, whose most recent victory came via disqualification in the 2013 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park, prepared for her California return Friday morning with exercise rider Mario Orantes aboard for trainer Tom Amoss.

Working on her own after the renovation break and wearing blinkers, Ria Antonia produced a first quarter-mile in :23 1/5 and galloped out five furlongs in 1:00 2/5

It was the second work at Keeneland since the Spinster for Ria Antonia. A week earlier, she shared a bullet five-furlong work in :59 4/5 in blinkers.

My Distaff exacta