View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Turf Paradise

I get that she's up against it from a pace standpoint but I think My Miss Sophia can absolutely beat Untapable Friday. I was all over Untapable in her return at Fair Grounds and am therefore a big admirer..I said before the race I thought she would stamp herself as the Oaks favorite...that said, My Miss Sophia beat Got Lucky every bit as decisively as Untapable. I know that the pace advantage she had in that race was unreal but sometimes I think as handicappers we see that and overthink it. No, My Miss Sophia was not going to be challenged on the lead in her last..but to assume that she wouldn't have been every bit as impressive if she did face some more pace presence I think is a bit presumptive.

I'm not saying I think Untapable will lose. I think she is a very deserving favorite and the most likely winner...but My Miss Sophia "no chance" talk I think is crazy. And given their posts I don't think it is that impossible that a couple others (Ria Antonia, Thank You Marylou and Unbridled Forever IMO) will be in with a shot.

Nice card -- sure feels like Will Take Charge and Normany Invasion (in particular) could get beat. Appealing Tale, at first glance, might prove tough to reel in.