View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Saratoga

Danon Shark wins.

Full results...

http://japanracing.jp/_news2014/pdf/141123.pdf

Replay...

http://web-cache.stream.ne.jp/web/jr...405080611&ua=4

Didn't play but I can tell you right now no way would I have had that horse to win.

(Kinda like I'm reverse redboarding...).

No training report for Ivanhowe as of yet (he just arrived).

<At Tokyo Racecourse>

Weather: Fine
Going: Standard (dirt course)

Up With the Birds (CAN, C4, bay)

- jogged 1/2 lap, cantered ~ galloped 800m (4F:54.8, 3F:40.3, 1F:13.6) (dirt course)
(exercised from 7:02 to 7:14, ridden by Mark Ramsammy)

"He's adapting pretty good to the new environment. We just wanted him to work easy this morning—stretch his legs a little bit. We might canter him over the turf somewhere between Wednesday and Friday, just to get a look around the course and check the footing, but he's not going to do anymore speed work.
The trainer and jockey will be here on Thursday morning and we're hoping that the jockey will sit on the horse at least once since it's his first time at the Tokyo course.
Tomorrow, the horse will only be hand-walked around the stables."

(comments taken from Mark Ramsammy)

The following horse entered in the 34th Japan Cup was transported to Tokyo Racecourse, leaving the Horse Racing School quarantine facilities in Shiroi at 10:55 and arriving at the international stables at 13:15. Comments taken from the connections upon arrival are as follows:

Trading Leather (IRE, C4, bay)

"It took 23 hours to get here from door to door, and it was straight forward. We weighed him 24 hours after arrival and he lost like only four kilos at that stage. He didn't lose a lot of weight and he's been more or less maintaining the same weight. His best weight is between 485 and 490kg's. He's been trained with this race in mind for a while and he hasn't had a busy season, so he's in good condition.
He was very fit leaving home so we're just maintaining fitness really. Tomorrow we'll just do some regular work—just jog one round on the track and probably just canter one round."